Sideshow Star Trek PFs (Kirk and Spock)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
I searched for information or pictures about these and couldn't find anything, so I thought I would start a thread. I got Kirk from ebay a while ago and finally got a Spock to accompany him a few days ago. They're pretty nice, although they definitely feel like "older" PFs. They still use the old wire armature body with the "articulated" arms, and in terms of their paint job and tailoring they seem a little rougher than what I'm used to. Spock in particular seems a little doll-like in his paint job. Also, they both use the exact same sculpt for their left hand, which looks a little strange.

The sculpts are really quite good. I don't know if these two are just hard to sculpt or there just haven't been many first-rate sculptors to try, but I don't think I've seen better versions before. That's not to say they are perfect. Kirk in particular can look a little strange from some angles (his face is sort of too wide). Still, it's very obvious who they are. Just compare them to this Kirk and Spock to see the difference.

All in all, I like them pretty well, and they'll go well with my mini Trek display that I'm building up. It's too bad they never made the other crew members.

star_trek_pfs_1.jpg

star_trek_pfs_2.jpg

star_trek_pfs_3.jpg

star_trek_pfs_4.jpg

star_trek_pfs_5.jpg

star_trek_pfs_6.jpg

star_trek_pfs_7.jpg

i'VE ALWAYS LIKED THEM, ALTOUGH i FIND THEIR HEADS A BIT TOO BIG.

I have both and took some time before buy them because of the heads looking a little big, but once you see them in person, the big head aren't such an issue. I think there great and they definitely are the best Kirk and Spock sculpts out there. Congrats on your purchases. They are very much worth having for a fan of Star Trek TOS.

These were some of the first ones they made right? I remember when they came out being bummed they weren't 1/6 :monkey2 Still great looking though!

I thought I would bump this thread with these Sideshow Star Trek busts that I got during the aboyd.com clearance sale. I don't collect busts in general, and in fact these are the only ones I have. But there isn't a lot of good Trek stuff out there, so when I saw that they were 75% off ($10 apiece) I decided to try them out. For the most part, I'm very happy with them.

Starting with the original series, we have Spock, Kirk, and McCoy. Kirk is the worst of the 6 that I got. You can kinda sorta see Shatner in there somewhere from some angles, but the PF is miles better. Spock, on the other hand, is superior to the PF. It's very similar to the PF in terms of the sculpt (it's possible it's even identical) but the paint is clearly better on the bust. Finally, McCoy is very good and really looks like DeForest Kelley (it looks better in person than in this picture).

star_trek_busts1.jpg

For the Next Generation, we have Worf, Picard, and Riker. Again, the captain is the weakest of the 3. It's better than Kirk, but not spot-on Patrick Stewart by any means. Worf is perfect. No complaints there. Riker is also good, although his hair seems a little too dark somehow.

star_trek_busts2.jpg

It's too bad that Sideshow didn't complete the crews for both ships. They did make a few more. I'm missing Data and Scotty, as well as the aliens (the Gorn, Koloth the Klingon, and the Andorian). I guess they also did a Seven of Nine bust, but I'm not a big fan of Voyager. Anyway, I'd like to get at least Data and Scotty, but I guess I'll have to watch ebay since most stores seem long sold out of these guys.

Last edited:
Those are pretty nice... interesting that Sideshow made so many bust and now nada. And $60 for the lot of them is a damn good price :rock

I'm a big Star Trek TOS fan and always wanted SS to do a 1:6 scale version of these because I couldn't afford those PF's. Thanks for the photos and congrats on the purchase. I would be all the 1:6 versions. I got hooked on Diamond Select's Retro Megos too.

Glad i came across these Pics as i am doing a deal for these two in the next couple of days,they look a bit better than i thought.

Don't kid yourself bro. I owned these guys and they are EXTREMELY dated. Only the biggest fans will be able to look past the issues. I will say though, the bases, likeness on spock and outfits were pretty kewl.

Wow i had no idea these even existed, they have obvious flaws but they seem to have a very likeable quality to them imo.

I wonder how these would look with a repaint and maybe some customization to alter the heights.

Don't kid yourself bro. I owned these guys and they are EXTREMELY dated. Only the biggest fans will be able to look past the issues. I will say though, the bases, likeness on spock and outfits were pretty kewl.

Yeah, as I recall you bought these exact ones from me. :lol

They are pretty dated, as PFs go. The bodies are generic and the heads are too big for the bodies. But there just isn't that much Trek stuff out there, so I guess you can't be too picky. Compared to what Sideshow's doing now with PFs they look pretty pathetic though.

Well just picked them up and have them on display, IMO they look ok, I am happy with them and they will do for now until something better comes along.

Back