1/6 Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait for hot toys I thought. The prototype was magnificent. Never making that mistake again.
I'm in the same boat. The HT proto was way above the original SSC Snow Commander, and even after SSC made some mods to the helmet, it still is not there. I decided to pass on it, waiting for HT. But that will never happen. A friend of mine is keeping his SSC Snow Commander for me, and when he gets home from overseas in a couple months I will get his in a deal. So I'll have the SSC Snow Commander in the end, but wish HT made theirs.

Very cool Snowies, the SSC is a very underrated figure. With some mods it can look almost on par with HT, and even has a few parts that are better than HT
Thanks. I totally agree with you.

I also feel the HT Snowtrooper is too short.

Finally the elusive Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander joined my collection in a deal with a friend. I wanted Hot Toys to make their prototype, that didn't happen, so I missed on this figure, till now. It is quite cool, and is nice to see the differences between the Commander and the grunt Snowie - of course I have seen pics of screen used, but is interesting to see them manifested on a physical figure as well. In the high end world not many companies made this character, I can recall only Gentle Giant (a bust) and Sideshow.

Sideshow-Snowtrooper-Commander-12.jpg

Finally the elusive Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander joined my collection in a deal with a friend. I wanted Hot Toys to make their prototype, that didn't happen, so I missed on this figure, till now. It is quite cool, and is nice to see the differences between the Commander and the grunt Snowie - of course I have seen pics of screen used, but is interesting to see them manifested on a physical figure as well. In the high end world not many companies made this character, I can recall only Gentle Giant (a bust) and Sideshow.

Sideshow-Snowtrooper-Commander-12.jpg

Would've been nice if Hot Toys had released their version, but the Sideshow still looks good.

It was a figure I didn't want to miss out on, and he looks good with the HT Snowtroopers.

Yeah its a solid figure. I got bogged down on my custom ROTJ stormie but will finish my reboot of this fig before the end of the year. I made a new chest armor piece (heavily modded recast of the HT snowie) plus some reworks of the helmet, new forearm armor and gloves. The boots aren't bad but I made some casts of the Marmit ATAT driver which I like more so may use those.

One that got away. I also passed because I saw that phenomenal hot toys prototype and that was before we knew about the graveyard of prototypes. I figured, no way they don’t make the commander. Famous last words. Then figure after figure went into the graveyard (Howard’s display). Now I wish I bought the sideshow version.

Once upon a time, hot toys showed a glorious prototype of their snow trooper commander. Like a dope, I skipped the ss because I’d be getting the hot toys. Years later, I’ve got nothing but regret.

Cold command...

View attachment 620963

Considering it's about to get very Hoth-like up here with wind chills in the minus 30s, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit Sideshow's Snowtrooper Commander. Still looks great! (and stands on it's own)

It’s a shame we never got the Hot Toys version, but I agree that the Sideshow still definitely looks great.

I live in the closest biome equivalent to Scarif so no snow for me, but I’m grateful for the slice of Hoth from JazzInc.

39E1C021-2548-46F7-8A47-CB7625B7D79C.jpeg

Cold command...

View attachment 620963

Considering it's about to get very Hoth-like up here with wind chills in the minus 30s, I thought it would be appropriate to revisit Sideshow's Snowtrooper Commander. Still looks great! (and stands on it's own)
Awesome figure and pic Jedi. Nice job getting out there in the real elements with your figures. Respect. 🥶

Last edited:
Glorious shots! I've been on the fence for a very long time about this figure and these shots are tempting me.

Back