Sideshow Poison Ivy repaint

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okey dokey, tonight's plan... come up with a way of painting shading and texture onto all those leaves without having to paint each one individually lol. I think it still needs a bit of work in some of the more darker areas but so far so good I think :)
20150726_210012.jpg

20150726_210145.jpg

20150726_210204.jpg

Thanks for the comments all :)

How did you do the skin tones? I might repaint my Sideshow Darkchilde statue.

The skin tones were quite easy really. I started with a base of Vallejo "Basic Skintone" then shaded in the darker areas with some Createx Wicked "Driscoll Flesh Tone" and then a little bit of Vallejo "Burnt Umber" used sparingly in those extra dark areas. Lastly I went back in with the original Vallejo "Basic Skintone" to brighten some bits back up that had gotten hit with some overspray. Hope that helps :)

So after mulling it over for ages and ages and spending a whole day trying to draw on some fishnet tights onto her legs with no luck I decided to go with pinstriped sheer green tights. For this I freehanded the pinstripes then used a bright green tinter. It doesnt really show in the pics but the sheer effect really does work well with the flesh tone popping back through in the right places :)
Tights_01.jpg

Same here, would love to see what progress has taken place!

Hey all. Been a while. Sorry for the lack of progress on Ivy, my commissions got a bit crazy.
Anyway, been a bit of progress since my last post...
20160320_170630.jpg
20160320_170735.jpg
20160320_170910.jpg

Back