Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, the truth. It does NOT look like Johnny Depp in person. It looks better in person then the pics show but its not Depp. I said before that is probably an 85% likness to Depp so take that for what its worth. I will say though that it is a great overall Jack Sparrow figure and I am very glad I have it.

With all due respect, a statement like that implies everyone else that has it in hand and has said in hand it looks like Depp, is a liar. It does look like Depp in hand. I've had more people make comments like, "look you have your own 2 foot tall Johnny Depp" than anything. That pic above on this page, no offense to the picture taker, is the worst one I have seen. But in person, it has the angle, eyes, cheeks, and look of Depp. I would have sent it back if it looked like some cheap interpretation, which is why I didn't get the non-movie "Blackbeard."

With all due respect, a statement like that implies everyone else that has it in hand and has said in hand it looks like Depp, is a liar.

No, that does not imply anyone is a liar. The likeness of a sculpt is subjective, and a matter of opinion. In Darth Madden's opinion the sculpt is 85% Depp, in your opinion, its more.

Its 85 degrees outside. I think its hot, my co-worker doesn't. Does that make one, or both, of us liars?

With all due respect, a statement like that implies everyone else that has it in hand and has said in hand it looks like Depp, is a liar. It does look like Depp in hand. I've had more people make comments like, "look you have your own 2 foot tall Johnny Depp" than anything. That pic above on this page, no offense to the picture taker, is the worst one I have seen. But in person, it has the angle, eyes, cheeks, and look of Depp. I would have sent it back if it looked like some cheap interpretation, which is why I didn't get the non-movie "Blackbeard."

Ok then... when I look at MY Jack Sparrow PF I don't see Depp. I still think its a great PF but MINE does not look 100% like Depp.

Is that better?

No, that does not imply anyone is a liar. The likeness of a sculpt is subjective, and a matter of opinion. In Darth Madden's opinion the sculpt is 85% Depp, in your opinion, its more.

Its 85 degrees outside. I think its hot, my co-worker doesn't. Does that make one, or both, of us liars?

85 degrees is cool, you sissy ;) It's 94 here. Maybe it just came down like a commanding opinion. I don't know. I will say head on it's not the best likeness, at angles it looks more like him. Overall, it looks to me like Depp, but not the best Depp. You're right, it is subjective.

Ok then... when I look at MY Jack Sparrow PF I don't see Depp. I still think its a great PF but MINE does not look 100% like Depp.

Is that better?

Much better ;) You have the Blackbeard? Does anyone know why SSC didn't do the movie version to go with Depp?

Much better ;) You have the Blackbeard? Does anyone know why SSC didn't do the movie version to go with Depp?

Probably since they still have the original Blackbeard in stock. And speaking just for me :) I would rather have the "real" Blackbeard PF than the movie version so I doubt I would even buy him if they made it. Now a Barbossa PF is another story.

Probably since they still have the original Blackbeard in stock. And speaking just for me :) I would rather have the "real" Blackbeard PF than the movie version so I doubt I would even buy him if they made it. Now a Barbossa PF is another story.

Barbossa PF seems like a no-brainer. SSC's seems slow on their Disney license.

I wish it was 85°, right now it's 103° here. :monkey4

My mom came to my house and saw Jack Sparrow and she said its beautiful but he looks a lot like Johnny Depp. :p So I can say my statue have a great likeness of Depp. And for the record she didnt know that Depp plays Sparrow. :)

My mom came to my house and saw Jack Sparrow and she said its beautiful but he looks a lot like Johnny Depp. :p So I can say my statue have a great likeness of Depp. And for the record she didnt know that Depp plays Sparrow. :)

Oh yeah? Well, MY Mom came over to MY house, saw the statue and said "why is Johnny Depp dressed like a pirate?"

So there! ;)

Just received my #0007/1500 Jack Sparrow PF.. I'm the first to eat crow.. I held out and really was not a fan from pics I saw of him.. then I saw this PF in person recently, and it was a hole new game! Glad he's in the collection now what a wonderful PF indeed!!! Still eating crow and forcing down some feathers right now! Bravo SSC! Please get yourself better photos for your site, this is not the first time I've been more impressed with the item in-hand than on the site or photos!!!

Last edited:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY&NR=1"]Jack Sparrow (feat. Michael Bolton) - YouTube[/ame]

:lol

Oh yeah? Well, MY Mom came over to MY house, saw the statue and said "why is Johnny Depp dressed like a pirate?"

So there! ;)

Really??? My Mom came over while I was admiring with my Jack, and she immediately said, "Johnny Depp!! Why are you staring at your own statue?"

Kidding, I don't even own a Sparrow PF.:monkey2

Back