Sideshow Penguin Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

filip629

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looks like sideshow is finally releasing a Penguin PF. Congrats to all the collectors that have been waiting on one. Not a big fan of the character, so this will be a pass for me. I'm holding out for a Two Face or proper Perez Deathstroke PF.

07DE08D9-C7AD-49E4-B6CF-4E07441E3877.jpeg

If they do an ES at around 600 this one will be sought after in a few years

Ooh, might have to break my no villain resilience on this one. Space restricts me to Batfamily only but this one….
It might be a slippery slope especially if they release the other rogues! Penguin isn't my fave villain but this looks really good. Whilst ivy looked more cartoony, this one looks much more detailed and gritty

Looks interesting, but I don't like how injured the penguins look - call me a softie but it would make me sad. :(

Yeah the whole base is kind of weird. Looks like there is a penguin swimming down at the bottom in the water even. The base and all the penguins are probably going to be like the Mythos Yoda and most of the cost will be in them rather than the actual character. Strange amalgamation of different takes on Penguin from classic, to Burton, to even some of the Batman’s scaring.

Yeesh! $700? Sideshow really needs to start rethinking these ginormous bases that while interesting aren’t really necessary. Removing the penguins and layered base could have dropped this $200-300.

I think the base adds to the overall dynamic of the statue. I agree it's spendy, but they did just put up a 1/5 Yoda for $600. So, can't say I'm surprised.

True, but then we'd lose the awesome base! The extra height is needed IMO otherwise it'd be a very short and basic piece
I’m a sucker for a great diorama base as well. I’m starting to wonder though of Sideshow needs to take the Iron Studios approach and offer a basic and deluxe version if they’re backing away from exclusives again. I’m sure a simpler base for a few hundred less would attract other customers. With prices getting crazy options are sometimes good to have to avoid losing customers all together.

I don’t have space for PFs so I generally don’t purchase them but I do think this one is well done. The Yoda example is a great one. When the character is relatively small and they create an unnecessarily large base to keep the price more in line with the rest of the line, that’s when there is a problem. It’s almost diverting the emphasis of the statue away from the character. If it were an iconic thing they were recreating it’s one thing but to have just a random big pile is scrap or something like that to inflate the price is a poor decision. A $200 Mythos Yoda with a simple base would have sold very well!

I’m a sucker for a great diorama base as well. I’m starting to wonder though of Sideshow needs to take the Iron Studios approach and offer a basic and deluxe version if they’re backing away from exclusives again. I’m sure a simpler base for a few hundred less would attract other customers. With prices getting crazy options are sometimes good to have to avoid losing customers all together.

I don’t have space for PFs so I generally don’t purchase them but I do think this one is well done. The Yoda example is a great one. When the character is relatively small and they create an unnecessarily large base to keep the price more in line with the rest of the line, that’s when there is a problem. It’s almost diverting the emphasis of the statue away from the character. If it were an iconic thing they were recreating it’s one thing but to have just a random big pile is scrap or something like that to inflate the price is a poor decision. A $200 Mythos Yoda with a simple base would have sold very well!
Yep you're probably right about yoda but I have a feeling this penguin will sell just fine, given that collectors have been waiting so long. As I say, it would be tiny displayed with other PFs otherwise. They may have to adapt going forward as P1 seems to be focusing a lot on 1/4 rather than 1/3 so maybe in the future

Back