1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see any reason to buy this figure honestly.
For myself I like the idea of the exiled desert shaman/guardian and the look, before the series. Guessing if HT does an Obi, doubt it will be as detail loaded as this one with the CW armor e.g. hints of Obi's history. I'd probably pick up an HT version, for the sculpt mainly. As to me this looks like an older Obi.

I'm the broken record here (yes, old man term! :))....I LOVE this figure as I've mentioned MANY times in here. It was a treat seeing the look of this figure referenced in the last episode of Kenobi.

Can't resist throwing out a couple more shots from his desert journey a few years back. I was lucky enough to score one from the initial release and it still remains a favorite.

MYTHOS KENOBI-042.jpg

MYTHOS KENOBI-043.jpg

I'd be interested to see HT's take on this look. We'll see...

For myself I like the idea of the exiled desert shaman/guardian and the look, before the series. Guessing if HT does an Obi, doubt it will be as detail loaded as this one with the CW armor e.g. hints of Obi's history. I'd probably pick up an HT version, for the sculpt mainly. As to me this looks like an older Obi.
Meh, for me it's not canon so I'm not really interested in owning what's essentially a concept art figure when I could just wait for the actual one that appears on screen. Rather have Ewan than some random guy.

I was also excited to see the Mythos look reference in the last episode of Kenobi. For sure HT will make it and will be awesome with McGregor's face.
On my side, I don't think I will change it. I got the SS v2 a few months ago and in terms of details, it looks really good. The only issue I found was the lack of double joint elbows (this really limited the range of poses).
That said, found that it can be easily fixed by reducing the biceps in both arms, allowing the forearms to get closer when bending them.
Good enough to have him to hold the straps of the backpack with the same pose displayed on the cover of the box if wanted.

1656181853109.jpg

HT version when lol

Was this Mythos design a Sideshow original when the statue came out? What a twist of fate that Sideshow, of all contributors to Star Wars things, would get the last laugh having their design show up in a show.

HT version when lol

Was this Mythos design a Sideshow original when the statue came out? What a twist of fate that Sideshow, of all contributors to Star Wars things, would get the last laugh having their design show up in a show.
I would guess so, isn't that the idea of the Mythos line, a re-imagining of what character might appear like in between film appearances? Think SSC did great with the Boba and Obi statues.

I was also excited to see the Mythos look reference in the last episode of Kenobi. For sure HT will make it and will be awesome with McGregor's face.
On my side, I don't think I will change it. I got the SS v2 a few months ago and in terms of details, it looks really good. The only issue I found was the lack of double joint elbows (this really limited the range of poses).
That said, found that it can be easily fixed by reducing the biceps in both arms, allowing the forearms to get closer when bending them.
Good enough to have him to hold the straps of the backpack with the same pose displayed on the cover of the box if wanted.

View attachment 585349
Can you explain "reducing both biceps"? I need to do something similar to a life size mannequin for an OG Boba Fett pose and I was thinking of doing similar. I am guessing you just dremmeled away some of the plastic at the base of the bicep where it meets the forearm but would love to hear your approach. Thanks!

Can you explain "reducing both biceps"? I need to do something similar to a life size mannequin for an OG Boba Fett pose and I was thinking of doing similar. I am guessing you just dremmeled away some of the plastic at the base of the bicep where it meets the forearm but would love to hear your approach. Thanks!
Good guess! To be more precise, I carved just some sections of the biceps. Specially the base (the part close to the elbows that met the forearms) because that is what blocks the forearms the most to get closer to the upper arms when trying to flex it.
It is pretty straightforward. Not sure how the joints in your mannequin work but my only recommendation would be to do it gradually, as I did.
My main concern was to mess up the joints in the process so, I checked over and over that these were bending properly before trying to reduce the biceps a bit more. It was a bit tedious but think that it paid off in the end.
Hope this helps.

I would guess so, isn't that the idea of the Mythos line, a re-imagining of what character might appear like in between film appearances? Think SSC did great with the Boba and Obi statues.

Yes to my knowledge it was their take in that sort of "what if" era of SW when content wasn't coming. I've always liked the look for nomad Ben, but just can't bring myself to buy a SS fig. Hopefully HT goes for this version too.

Good guess! To be more precise, I carved just some sections of the biceps. Specially the base (the part close to the elbows that met the forearms) because that is what blocks the forearms the most to get closer to the upper arms when trying to flex it.
It is pretty straightforward. Not sure how the joints in your mannequin work but my only recommendation would be to do it gradually, as I did.
My main concern was to mess up the joints in the process so, I checked over and over that these were bending properly before trying to reduce the biceps a bit more. It was a bit tedious but think that it paid off in the end.
Hope this helps.
100% what I assumed was done. The joints on the mannequin are pretty much the same as these action figures, aside from being made of fiberglass. I'll most likely have to use the tiny saw attachment and just carve out small pieces until I get the desired movement. I've learned "gradual" a few times the hard way :)

After seeing everyone's great pics in here, I finally decided to pick up Mythos Obi Wan. The next morning I saw it was on waitlist, must have had a boost after Kenobi aired. I do plan on ordering the HT version in the future.

Until then, I appreciate that the portrait seems to favor Sir Alec Guinness. I've always liked the Mythos concept, from way back when it was previewed. Nice gear and backpack. The cloak and everything else seems good. Body is okay, except the single jointed arms.

Glad to have him, and though it's the second batch version, I plan to touch up the arms to see if I can improve the articulation. Thanks for the tips @Artaban.

SSC sent along a copy of a promo book, a gallery of their operation with pics and descriptions of each department. This was unexpected, nice.

Now, let's see about improving those arms....

Quick pics...

D1F2F9C4-0639-4C96-ABC7-DC248A32C492.jpeg

AE3381B7-A4AA-4184-98FC-C63FCF652109.jpeg

34421564-3C84-456E-BF41-FE74EA7A2512.jpeg

740043C1-6277-4CFB-B067-36E93DE41C9E.jpeg

A31D2856-58FF-4142-910A-E7C62010C821.jpeg

CE6A3E08-2319-459B-B9F9-8B28713A2412.jpeg

304260F9-63DD-49C4-A932-B74F0E0F8715.jpeg

2C598324-7270-481C-9BC3-2A6E791B2743.jpeg

0480BE34-E820-4975-9AF0-E1EF376F6378.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful shots and work, endor1!

The original desert wanderer...

View attachment 587893
Thank you jedibear!!

And, I also want to say I was really inspired to pick up Mythos Obi Wan after seeing all the pics in here, great work everyone! Thanks for sharing!!

Especially your amazing on location desert shots, excellent work! I love that one of him talking the Jawas! Lol, so cool! 😃

Seems to be quite a number of members who still appreciate this figure for what it is. I've been having a lot of fun getting him set up this last week.

Thanks again, enjoy!
☕😃

Back