1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@endor1 Great job modding the articulation! Really an easy fix for the main complain I've seen people had with the second release.
Awesome pictures too!

After seeing everyone's great pics in here, I finally decided to pick up Mythos Obi Wan. The next morning I saw it was on waitlist, must have had a boost after Kenobi aired. I do plan on ordering the HT version in the future.

Until then, I appreciate that the portrait seems to favor Sir Alec Guinness. I've always liked the Mythos concept, from way back when it was previewed. Nice gear and backpack. The cloak and everything else seems good. Body is okay, except the single jointed arms.

Glad to have him, and though it's the second batch version, I plan to touch up the arms to see if I can improve the articulation. Thanks for the tips @Artaban.

SSC sent along a copy of a promo book, a gallery of their operation with pics and descriptions of each department. This was unexpected, nice.

Now, let's see about improving those arms....

Quick pics...

View attachment 586255
Not related to Star Wars but woah I wonder where that 1/4 Hagrid is from??

Also, amazing work on the figure so far @endor1

@endor1 Great job modding the articulation! Really an easy fix for the main complain I've seen people had with the second release.
Awesome pictures too!
Not related to Star Wars but woah I wonder where that 1/4 Hagrid is from??

Also, amazing work on the figure so far @endor1
Thank you so much @Artaban and @Gipetto0812!! I continue to be inspired by everyone here! Mythos Obi Wan is a surprisingly underrated figure, that I'm having no regrets with.

While watching Obi-Wan Kenobi: A Jedi's Return on D+, I caught a quick scene of Ewan checking out the production sabers. Off to the left was the SS Mythos Obi figure serving as inspiration.
😉

1670701538829.jpeg

Okay found a blog post on Sideshow that talks about her mentioning the Mythos Obi statue....

https://www.sideshow.com/blog/obi-wan-director-deborah-chow-inspired-sideshow-mythos
“There’s a statue of Kenobi during this period, a Sideshow statue that really felt sort of visually that it encapsulated what the feel of the character was at this moment. And it actually became quite a reference that I would continue to go back and look at.”

1670727605376.jpeg

The statue was really cool too and included both EM and AG portraits.

Last edited:
Back