Sideshow Life Size Han Carbonite

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit that base with some compressed air and it'll look great!

I just ordered a life size yoda. and Im on waitlist for life size death trooper. I would love, absolutely love a life size Darth Vader, but the pose and the way the current sideshow model looks is odd. There is something about him he just looks "fake".. something not right. Maybe his shoulders??

People often complain about the accuracy issues on the lifesize stormtrooper, but I think it looks really nice on display. Congrats!

People often complain about the accuracy issues on the lifesize stormtrooper, but I think it looks really nice on display. Congrats!

The SSC Stormtrooper life-size looks ok, but not great. The helmet is still a bomb alas. Maybe if replaced with a better one, but for this price why should you. Oh well, to each his own.

Are the leg armours aligned correctly, or are they supposed to be like that? The right leg shin armor looks a bit deeper than the thigh armour above, and on the left the thigh armour looks off centre with the shin armour.

Yes you are right I don't know for sure, this was actually the hardest part of putting him together is aligning these shin/thigh pieces! I will adjust it, per the sideshow website and photos it looks like the left shin guard is supposed to be out more

The SSC Stormtrooper life-size looks ok, but not great. The helmet is still a bomb alas. Maybe if replaced with a better one, but for this price why should you. Oh well, to each his own.

Can u elaborate what is wrong with it? Yes he's kind of short, but not too short, I'm 6'2".. so this guy would be like 5"7-8" with a very thin waist. Guess if you are going to be in the military you should be.

Can u elaborate what is wrong with it? Yes he's kind of short, but not too short, I'm 6'2".. so this guy would be like 5"7-8" with a very thin waist. Guess if you are going to be in the military you should be.

There are supposedly many things wrong with the various helmets on nearly every Sideshow Star Wars character. Till this day I still don’t know what they are, but from comments on nearly every Star Wars thread, there almost always are issues. It’s just that there are a lot of collectors here who know at a glance if something is off with the various costumes.

The SSC life-size Stormtrooper helmet is oddly shaped, wants to be a Hero, but the overall shape resembles soft recasts. Sideshow recast Portumac Vader lid for their 1:1 Vader bust so no wonders here. No one asks to have a 100% accurate helmet on a licensed product, but at this day and age, it is sad what we are getting from Sideshow, while Gentle Giant, Marmit and other companies were able to make way more accurate helmets, even in smaller scales and all this decades ago. If you want to learn more about screen used helmets read here: https://starwarshelmets.com/original-stormtrooper-helmets-sub-submenu.htm

Does anyone else have the Han Carb 1:1 and was able to modify it somehow so it isnt as high? I want it lowered a bit so it doesnt hit the ceiling but cant figure out how to do that.

Could someone with the Han in Carbonite share the details of the PSU (Volts/Amps/Watts)? My statue hasn't been plugged in for a while and I forgot to label my PSUs... Sideshow support don't have the details for it available :(

This got delayed, then waitlisted. Now it's back available for preorder but Sideshow raised the price by $250.

I mean $250 probably just covered the extra shipping costs associated with someone so large.

These life size pieces have had free shipping for a long time so yep I'm sure they just raised the base price instead of removing the perceived deal. Glad I ordered awhile back. Was supposed to ship last November, now I'm starting to wonder if it will even arrive when I'm scheduled to have it paid off in August/September.

Back