Statue Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dennis, great work with all those Fetts! I only have room for one :lol.

I'm also not really wanting to get into a huge project, I don't mind a little work but I wouldn't want to take on what you have described where you have mostly done everything. I assume you bought all the soft goods? I'm not so sure it's as easy as some people say it is when they say "just build your own". Four or five grand into the project I'd probably be cursing what the **** have I done :)
Yeah, I bought all the raw casts of the helmet, armor, gauntlets, etc. and the soft goods like the flight suit. I'm no seamstress that is for sure! I'm pretty artistic anyway, so the challenge of trying it actually turned into a hobby and at some point I might join the pool of folks out there that paint helmets for money (if anyone thinks I'm skilled enough). I could also have significantly cut my cost of each Fett if I didn't feel the need to replace some of the resin cast pieces with metal. That added about 400-500 bucks to each one as well. Best thing to do is decide which Fett is your favorite, go to the awesome site Boba Fett Costume and Prop Maker Community - The Dented Helmet and start poking around at the build threads. You'll get a good idea of where to purchase stuff and what things you might be able to do yourself. There are in-depth tutorials and stencils for every piece and part out there. There's also occasional folks who sell completed parts and sometimes even full suits as they get out of the trooping game or upgrade. DM me here or on my Insta (dennisfett1980) if you want any details on how I did stuff or where I sourced the pieces and parts. Good luck!

I'm still weighing my options but if you have any suggestions Jay I'm open to ideas of where to source more accurate Fett stuff. If I'm not mistaken you have a fantastic Fett cosplay setup right?

Thanks, and yes, I just finished my ESB a little over a week ago, after having a couple ROTJ SE versions. And Buda’s lifesize one was actually my inspiration to even switch my display into an ESB Boba Fett:lol

9CC63954-89E8-4206-94CA-D3AFDAC6DD81.jpeg

But you’ve got some really good guys with a lot of knowledge in here. Use us and ask away and let’s get you into the club, buddy:wink1:

Thanks, and yes, I just finished my ESB a little over a week ago, after having a couple ROTJ SE versions. And Buda’s lifesize one was actually my inspiration to even switch my display into an ESB Boba Fett:lol

View attachment 545460

But you’ve got some really good guys with a lot of knowledge in here. Use us and ask away and let’s get you into the club, buddy:wink1:

I'm curious what helmet you used for your ESB if you don't mind me asking? I have seen some chatter on YouTube that the RS Props is most accurate but perhaps that is incorrect, or maybe more a great representation of the aged scanned prop helmet and not as much how it looked on screen? I'm very much a novice when it comes to Fett costume accuracy.

I'm curious what helmet you used for your ESB if you don't mind me asking? I have seen some chatter on YouTube that the RS Props is most accurate but perhaps that is incorrect, or maybe more a great representation of the aged scanned prop helmet and not as much how it looked on screen? I'm very much a novice when it comes to Fett costume accuracy.

I actually used to wear RS Props armor whenever I would wear my Fett but I haven’t kept up with them in years. I’ll have to defer to @budafett regarding their recent products.

But as far as my helmet on display, I temporarily have the eFX PCR helmet on it while I wait for my “fugly” version. I actually think the eFX is the best bang for your buck Boba helmet out there. Especially if you’re just looking for a solid looking Fett bucket with a touch of history/lineage.

Anyone have the Sideshow life size fett and replace the helmet with the EFX? Im trying to do it, but dont know how to hold the helmet up, anyone have any ideas?

Anyone have the Sideshow life size fett and replace the helmet with the EFX? Im trying to do it, but dont know how to hold the helmet up, anyone have any ideas?
Do you have pics of what you're talking about? Does the Sideshow helmet come off a mannequin head or is it all one piece?

View attachment 545460

Very nice suit and display! Love the natural pose. What mannequin do you use?

Very nice suit and display! Love the natural pose. What mannequin do you use?

It’s a fiberglass mannequin in my size and I got the armed cut and epoxy’d into a fixed position. I’ve upgraded the hands to the articulated ones from eBay though.

And to give mine the look that someone was inside, I added an old paintball vest and football hip and thigh pads.

4D9C9931-48E8-4729-91E9-12FC62105981.jpeg

Swap out the right arm for the straight one and rotate his wrist around and you have the perfect Cody Order 66 mannequin too:lol

D32AC36B-7825-4537-8FC2-C1F0FB43C913.jpeg

Thanks @Jaycepticon!

I'll make some quick points. Regarding building an accurate ESB Boba Fett (it's my specialty but a ROTJ is very similar and easier)

1) IT DEPENDS WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE! In my opinion there are two goals each with different factors:
  • Accuracy / Wearable and displayable when not in use.
  • Display Only
2) Budgets
  • If Bullet 1 is the goal: Build your own. You're looking at $5-10k (I can suggest multiple vendors who won't rip you off and have years of experience.)
  • If Bullet 2 is the goal: Buy Sideshow's
3) Patience
  • If Bullet 1 is the goal and you want to build: Prepare to wait 6-12 months

It’s a fiberglass mannequin in my size and I got the armed cut and epoxy’d into a fixed position. I’ve upgraded the hands to the articulated ones from eBay though.

And to give mine the look that someone was inside, I added an old paintball vest and football hip and thigh pads.

View attachment 545837

Swap out the right arm for the straight one and rotate his wrist around and you have the perfect Cody Order 66 mannequin too:lol

View attachment 545838
I strongly considered the breaking and epoxy approach to get the pose just right but got kind of lazy and used the articulated arms. My thinking was I could change up the poses but the reality is that it's such a pain to undress and redress that I probably never will anyway... That first picture I'm going to term "Saturday Night Jay"... :)

Thanks @Jaycepticon!

I'll make some quick points. Regarding building an accurate ESB Boba Fett (it's my specialty but a ROTJ is very similar and easier)

1) IT DEPENDS WHAT YOUR GOALS ARE! In my opinion there are two goals each with different factors:
  • Display Only
2) Budgets
  • If Bullet 1 is the goal: Build your own. You're looking at $5-10k (I can suggest multiple vendors who won't rip you off and have years of experience.)
3) Patience
Hey Buda, on the $5-10K are you assuming that you're buying finished pieces and parts or that you're buying raw casts and painting and weathering yourself? I can't disagree with your decision tree above as the budget and patience are two very large factors. I learned really quickly to think ahead and start ordering stuff for the additional Fetts I decided to do well in advance so that I would minimize the wait. I also got incredibly lucky a few times with sales on theDentedHelmet from both a budget and patience perspective. Couldn't find boots anywhere and BAM! WastedFett put the pre-sale notice up on TDH. I ordered two pair because I knew at some point I'd be building another Fett and that became the Super trooper, which was darn near zero wait time because I'd purchased pieces and parts in advance.

The last deciding factor is if you want to have a new, all consuming hobby. If you do, then you can get down to the low end of that budget number but you'll be spending hundreds of hours watching tutorials, tracing stencils onto helmets and armor that you found from some dude named RafelFett that HAS to be George Lucas' burner account and running in virtual circles exclusively with other people who know the 749 differences between an ESB and ROTJ Fett. I say that with great fondness as I really love the community of Fett and other folks who troop and have a passion for the hobby. If all of that and waiting about a year to have it done doesn't seem feasible, follow Buda's recommendation and buy Sideshow's! I really do think they did a pretty good job on it and I liked the base so much, I somewhat replicated the look on my main display. Good luck!

I strongly considered the breaking and epoxy approach to get the pose just right but got kind of lazy and used the articulated arms. My thinking was I could change up the poses but the reality is that it's such a pain to undress and redress that I probably never will anyway... That first picture I'm going to term "Saturday Night Jay"... :)

I actually had the poseable arms on my Jango top but yeah, it’s a pain dressing up and down these goes which is why I just decided to go mostly Bust displays going forward. Especially since I still wear these things to conventions a few times a year:lol

555ED508-E954-42F0-AFD1-8AF2013C3B03.jpeg

Thanks @Jaycepticon!

• Display Only
2) Budgets
3) Patience

Thanks this is helpful coming from someone who knows. I only want this for display purposes and I don't think I want to go through all the hoops of making my own. I don't have a ton of confidence in my ability to do a great job either. So probably the boring lazy route of just paying the money is best for me.

Jay suggested the EFX helmet and after watching some online reviews I'm probably going to pick that up first. I was considering what oneangrymo suggested above and possibly switching it on to the Sideshow.

What’s it look like underneath, without the helmet? If it’s one of egg head things, try filling the helmet with these so it stays put.
Aoutacc Universal Airsoft Helmet Pads, Helmet Replacement Foam Padding Kits Set Accessories Mats for Fast/Mich/ACH/USMC/PASGT Helmet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGF4CTH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_REF11VZ34NP7A9JT7T9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

But before I continue, are you aware the Bust is a tad undersized overall and is the ROTJ version? Whereas, the eFX is an ESB Boba helmet and will be noticeably larger while on the Bust. Not sure how they’d look together.

Ultimately, it’s your display so feel free to do as you wish. I was just curious if you cared about accuracy. I know not everyone does.

What’s it look like underneath, without the helmet? If it’s one of egg head things, try filling the helmet with these so it stays put.
Aoutacc Universal Airsoft Helmet Pads, Helmet Replacement Foam Padding Kits Set Accessories Mats for Fast/Mich/ACH/USMC/PASGT Helmet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PGF4CTH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_REF11VZ34NP7A9JT7T9Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

But before I continue, are you aware the Bust is a tad undersized overall and is the ROTJ version? Whereas, the eFX is an ESB Boba helmet and will be noticeably larger while on the Bust. Not sure how they’d look together.

Ultimately, it’s your display so feel free to do as you wish. I was just curious if you cared about accuracy. I know not everyone does.

I believe he is talking about the full life size ESB piece, not the ROTJ bust. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Sideshow ESB life size helmet has a sort of mock up mannequin head inside and some sort of swivel joint connection.

I believe he is talking about the full life size ESB piece, not the ROTJ bust. I'm not 100% sure but I think the Sideshow ESB life size helmet has a sort of mock up mannequin head inside and some sort of swivel joint connection.

My mistake. I got that question recently so my mind automatically went there again. I keep forgetting what this thread is about sometimes.

The weird thing about the Sideshow life size Fett is the helmet size. It looks tiny, like no way a real human head could fit in there. So I bought the efx and just held it up next to it and I think it looks much more realistic, problem is the statue only has up to the chin, the rest of the mannequin head is not there, so I have no idea best way to mount it.

The weird thing about the Sideshow life size Fett is the helmet size. It looks tiny, like no way a real human head could fit in there. So I bought the efx and just held it up next to it and I think it looks much more realistic, problem is the statue only has up to the chin, the rest of the mannequin head is not there, so I have no idea best way to mount it.

Would one of these egg heads possibly fit in that "chin cup" area? Maybe shave the bottom some and then just duct tape it at the base? Won't be pretty but you'll never see it and that Sideshow chin cover on him looks like it has some stretch to it.

https://www.amazon.com/Mannequin-Tr...9Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Thanks this is helpful coming from someone who knows. I only want this for display purposes and I don't think I want to go through all the hoops of making my own. I don't have a ton of confidence in my ability to do a great job either. So probably the boring lazy route of just paying the money is best for me.

Jay suggested the EFX helmet and after watching some online reviews I'm probably going to pick that up first. I was considering what oneangrymo suggested above and possibly switching it on to the Sideshow.

I would disagree with Jay on replacing the SSC "Helmet" with an eFx. I would say keep the SSC 1:1 fully complete. That helmet is meant to go along with the rest of the piece in terms of scale and paint application.

The eFx helmet, while amazing, has a shine to it unless you weather it like @Jaycepticon had done to his.

Back