Statue Sideshow Life-Size Boba Fett Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@TurdFurgusonsHat there's a lot of YouTube videos on this piece especially from the later batches. While I would always support building your own the SSC piece and the fixes that made do make this a wonderful display piece.

I watched all the videos I could find, most are older but there are a couple more recent ones. I don't have the time, connections, or know how to build anything this complicated, much less have it turn out well. But I do have a decent job, which leaves me with this Sideshow Fett as a likely best option.

I'm a bigger fan of Vader as a character, but I'm not as big a fan of the way that Sideshow life size Vader looks. I'm also reluctant to go the life size route with Vader for fear of pleather degradation over time. So if I were to go life size, Fett is my obvious choice.

This Sideshow life size Fett has been around so long I'm almost tempted to wait to see if Sideshow makes another version but if they did it would likely be the new costume. Or probably more likely a life size version of The Mandalorian.

I watched all the videos I could find, most are older but there are a couple more recent ones. I don't have the time, connections, or know how to build anything this complicated, much less have it turn out well. But I do have a decent job, which leaves me with this Sideshow Fett as a likely best option.

I'm a bigger fan of Vader as a character, but I'm not as big a fan of the way that Sideshow life size Vader looks. I'm also reluctant to go the life size route with Vader for fear of pleather degradation over time. So if I were to go life size, Fett is my obvious choice.

This Sideshow life size Fett has been around so long I'm almost tempted to wait to see if Sideshow makes another version but if they did it would likely be the new costume. Or probably more likely a life size version of The Mandalorian.
I don't think we will be seeing anymore lifesize star wars figures any time soon. they haven't even hinted at one in years.

I don't think we will be seeing anymore lifesize star wars figures any time soon. they haven't even hinted at one in years.

Which is really unfortunate because Sideshow has exclusive rights to the license far as I know. Some of the up and coming higher end companies like Queen Studios have started doing life size stuff like Iron Man. Would love to see someone else take a crack at Star Wars in larger scales like 1/3 and life size.

Which is really unfortunate because Sideshow has exclusive rights to the license far as I know. Some of the up and coming higher end companies like Queen Studios have started doing life size stuff like Iron Man. Would love to see someone else take a crack at Star Wars in larger scales like 1/3 and life size.
same here. I have been hoping queen studios and or infinity would get the star wars license period. I would even settle for some 1/4 or 1/3 scale from those companies as I know they would be incredible. I could be wrong so please do not quote me but I heard somewhere that SS star wars lifesize license was over ad they never re upped. again I could be wrong.

Im in the process of trying to make my own stormtrooper lifesize I have the anovos armor and looking to get boots and blaster. but the main thing I am having trouble finding is a mannequin. I wanted something posable but now im thinking about getting stagnant one and just cutting up and repositioning. I want the same type og pose as the fett lifesize.

same here. I have been hoping queen studios and or infinity would get the star wars license period. I would even settle for some 1/4 or 1/3 scale from those companies as I know they would be incredible. I could be wrong so please do not quote me but I heard somewhere that SS star wars lifesize license was over ad they never re upped. again I could be wrong.

Im in the process of trying to make my own stormtrooper lifesize I have the anovos armor and looking to get boots and blaster. but the main thing I am having trouble finding is a mannequin. I wanted something posable but now im thinking about getting stagnant one and just cutting up and repositioning. I want the same type og pose as the fett lifesize.
Here's a pic of each of my four life size Fetts. The super trooper and season 2 I don't have the jet packs for yet, but ESB and ROTJ have full jetpack harnesses. The mannequin I used was this one, but I replaced the arms with the ones below because otherwise the shoulders are too broad for Fett. Might work for Stormie, not sure. They're expensive but what I like about them is they have a half inch foot peg and I was able to use a threaded half inch rod through 2x6 wood in the stands I made to give it the look that there's nothing holding it up.

mannequin
Mannequin arms

ESB Fett Full.jpg

ROTJ Fett Full.jpg

Mando Full.jpg

Super trooper Full.jpg

Here's a pic of each of my four life size Fetts. The super trooper and season 2 I don't have the jet packs for yet, but ESB and ROTJ have full jetpack harnesses. The mannequin I used was this one, but I replaced the arms with the ones below because otherwise the shoulders are too broad for Fett. Might work for Stormie, not sure. They're expensive but what I like about them is they have a half inch foot peg and I was able to use a threaded half inch rod through 2x6 wood in the stands I made to give it the look that there's nothing holding it up.

mannequin
Mannequin arms

View attachment 544681
View attachment 544682
View attachment 544683
View attachment 544684

Dennis holy **** you have been busy! Four life sized Fetts??? I assume based on your post that you made all of those? Did you farm some of the work out or do it all yourself? Where did you get all the components? I have so many questions lol

Absolutely fantastic collection by the way! Great design theme to the whole space!

Dennis holy **** you have been busy! Four life sized Fetts??? I assume based on your post that you made all of those? Did you farm some of the work out or do it all yourself? Where did you get all the components? I have so many questions lol

Absolutely fantastic collection by the way! Great design theme to the whole space!
Thanks! I did all the painting, 3D printing and weathering myself. I sourced it mostly from Etsy and TheDentedHelmet. There's folks out there that sell the raw, unfinished helmet and armor casts that I ultimately dremel, prime and paint. There are stencils and reference photos as well as Costume Reference Libraries on the 501st website. I work at home, my kids are grown and my wife is fine with me tooling away in the basement for hours doing this. It's been super fun and rewarding figuring out how to do the artistic stuff and having four of these for a little more than the one Sideshow is good if you've got the patience and skills to pull it off.

Regarding the overall space, I had a year while the house was being built to design how it was laid out. The built in shelves saved so much money on display space as it's just 2x4s covered with drywall. Appreciate the kind words!

mannequin
Mannequin arms

View attachment 544681
View attachment 544682
View attachment 544683
View attachment 544684
man you have blown my mind is so many ways WOW! incredible and thank you so much for the links to the manniquins. much appreciated. I love everything you have done here!

man you have blown my mind is so many ways WOW! incredible and thank you so much for the links to the manniquins. much appreciated. I love everything you have done here!
There's also a more affordable one that someone has made out of wire covered in cloth that they show stormtrooper armor on. The only reason I didn't use it is that it required a stand inserted in the lower back and I just wasn't willing to have that visible with my display. Here's a link to Walmart but they're also available on Amazon. Couldn't find pics of the stormtrooper on the mannequin but it's out there somewhere (TK Products) :

Seller TK Products, LLC

I have seen those, they look flimsy as well. I want something that looks like a real person in the armor not a mannequin with armor on. and I am also with you on the stand, I do not want that to show.

I have seen those, they look flimsy as well. I want something that looks like a real person in the armor not a mannequin with armor on. and I am also with you on the stand, I do not want that to show.
All reasons why I landed on the ones I first shared. The athletic mannequin is great but shoulders were too large AND they lacks bicep pivot. Replacing with the arms I shared solved both the boulder shoulder issue as well as maximizing upper body mobility.

All reasons why I landed on the ones I first shared. The athletic mannequin is great but shoulders were too large AND they lacks bicep pivot. Replacing with the arms I shared solved both the boulder shoulder issue as well as maximizing upper body mobility.
agreed! I cannot thank you enough for sharing with me I have been researching like crazy. this helps so much in my final decision. much appreciated

Great stuff, @darth dennis . I know we follow each other on IG but it's easier to write on here about how awesome your collection is. A lot of good stuff there.

And @TurdFurgusonsHat, just commission @budafett to build you a set the full costume and you'll have a display that absolutely craps on SSC's. And you'll probably have a chunk of change left to get a Hansicle display to go along with it:lol

Great stuff, @darth dennis . I know we follow each other on IG but it's easier to write on here about how awesome your collection is. A lot of good stuff there.

And @TurdFurgusonsHat, just commission @budafett to build you a set the full costume and you'll have a display that absolutely craps on SSC's. And you'll probably have a chunk of change left to get a Hansicle display to go along with it:lol
Thanks! and yes, building my own cost about $13K for the four and that's including about $2K of mannequin and mannequin parts. I do think Sideshow's is nice, but I really took my time and feel like I got a much better ESB for about $3K. Good luck Turd!

Honestly here's the thing with this piece and you can go back and look at my previous posts. It's $8495 and we all might think that price is crazy. It's really not.

This piece, especially the ones shipping now (the first wave was inferior in my opinion) as a display piece is pretty good. People will know it's Boba Fett, things at a glance look accurate, comes with a light up base, etc. It's a licensed piece which will hold the value and it's a one stop shop coming from Sideshow.

Now if you want a more accurate build you're going to spend around or more than $8495 especially if you can't paint. Now there's things to factor in as well. Sourcing the armor, blasters, holsters, softwoods, electronics, etc is a complete pain in the ass. It's a process that will take close to a year if not longer. JUST TO SOURCE. Now you have to get people to commission your paint application if you can't. If you don't do your research you can easily get back a crappy paint job or totally scammed. Throw that on a mannequin and if you're looking to get "infamous" level on 501st standards you're looking at spending close to $9k. That's about where I am now with my build which I started in 2014.

I have my issues with this piece but price isn't one of them.

Haha based on Buda's previous posts I don't think he would be interested. I have done some cursory shopping around but it hasn't really gotten me too far. I tried looking into possibly getting the fully painted RS helmet but right now only the raw helmet is available without the ears and range finder. Maybe it will be available again in the future.

I'm still weighing my options but if you have any suggestions Jay I'm open to ideas of where to source more accurate Fett stuff. If I'm not mistaken you have a fantastic Fett cosplay setup right?

Thanks! and yes, building my own cost about $13K for the four and that's including about $2K of mannequin and mannequin parts. I do think Sideshow's is nice, but I really took my time and feel like I got a much better ESB for about $3K. Good luck Turd!

Thanks Dennis, great work with all those Fetts! I only have room for one :lol.

I'm also not really wanting to get into a huge project, I don't mind a little work but I wouldn't want to take on what you have described where you have mostly done everything. I assume you bought all the soft goods? I'm not so sure it's as easy as some people say it is when they say "just build your own". Four or five grand into the project I'd probably be cursing what the **** have I done? :)

Back