Sideshow: DC - Batman Begins - Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
easy pass!
i hope Prime 1 or QS will made 1 in same size or 1/3rd

Last edited:
Just seen the new sideshow painting video on YouTube, paint application is amazing looking.
One of the best paint apps on the begins sculpt yet but it has the age old flaw most have with the thin neck, not “panther-esque” enough.
I could forgive that tho if the final product paint application is as good as this & you can cover the arms with the wired cape, would help with the pose

Last edited:
Just seen the new sideshow painting bud on YouTube, paint application is amazing looking.
One of the best paint apps Iv seen off the begins sculpt yet but it has the age old flaw most have with the thin neck, not “panther-esque” enough.
I could forgive that tho if the final product paint application is as good as this & you can cover the arms with the wired cape, would help with the pose
I never had an issue with the pose personally, when the piece was lit from below like on the Sideshow con live, he looked great to me

Just seen the new sideshow painting bud on YouTube, paint application is amazing looking.
One of the best paint apps Iv seen off the begins sculpt yet but it has the age old flaw most have with the thin neck, not “panther-esque” enough.
Thanks for the heads up on the paint vid. I save all of those as I think it's a great way to learn potential new techniques for my own custom paint jobs.

I really want to order this as the Begins suit is my favourite. Just worried another company like QS may release their version.

Just seen the new sideshow painting video on YouTube, paint application is amazing looking.
One of the best paint apps on the begins sculpt yet but it has the age old flaw most have with the thin neck, not “panther-esque” enough.
Unfortunately I doubt the retail piece will get that much attention to detail when it comes to painting.

Unfortunately I doubt the retail piece will get that much attention to detail when it comes to painting.
Exactly, I commented that same thing on their video, surprised they haven't deleted my comment lol

Also queen or another high end company are bound to do a begins bale at some point

Yea that's definitely not going to happen with the production paint. Their Mythos Clone Wars General Kenobi took a huge step down from the proto in production paint on the headsculpt

this actually turned out looking pretty nice, even the paint work considering my doubt in the post just above the out of the box video :lol I wonder if the matte finish has the rubber feel to it?

this actually turned out looking pretty nice, even the paint work considering my doubt in the post just above the out of the box video :lol I wonder if the matte finish has the rubber feel to it?
I don't know about the feel but it certainly looks the part

I don't know about the feel but it certainly looks the part
Definitely. I just remember there was a Special edition Mattel toy back in the day for Batman Begins that had “premium” paint finish that felt like rubber even though it wasn’t and I just thought it was the coolest thing :LOL:

Definitely. I just remember there was a Special edition Mattel toy back in the day for Batman Begins that had “premium” paint finish that felt like rubber even though it wasn’t and I just thought it was the coolest thing :LOL:
Haha yep I guess it makes a difference on smaller figures with articulation, very nice tactile feel. However, if anyone starts feeling my 'statues for adult collectors' they will get a swift smack :D

I definitely don’t agree with the “goofy pose” comments. It’s not like he’s doing a handstand. Also, has no one realized that Silver Surfer’s legs are posed with one in front of the other? Batman’s are side by side.

They nailed the paint, I somewhat get the goofy pose comments but he's also a man dressed like a bat so I don't mind a little exaggerated flexing :D

Back