Sideshow: Darth Vader Mythos Statue (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did a fantastic job on this. Bought.

My only complaint is the flames on the base, they were bad on the General Kenobi Mythos too.

I wish they put this type of effort on the General Kenobi, Skywalker and Palpatine Mythos.

Since it has 3 head sculpts I’m buying. First Vader statue. It does take up a lot of real estate though so I’m going to have to find space. 2ft wide…

Last edited:
I'm never a fan of sculpted flames, but this Vader looks awesome overall. If I didn't already have the Iron Studios Vader, I would be all over this.
Between this and their latest PF, Sideshow is on a roll with Vader.

They did a fantastic job on this. Bought.

My only complaint is the flames on the base, they were bad on the General Kenobi Mythos too.

I wish they put this type of effort on the General Kenobi, Skywalker and Palpatine Mythos.

I'm getting all the villains and skipping Anakin and Kenobi. I have been pretty critical of the Emperor in the past but I'm buying it anyway. The line will feel incomplete to me without him and I feel like he will be a chase statue eventually despite it's shortcomings. The cool flowing cape of Vader makes Sideshow's decision to go with soft goods on the Emperor all the more bizarre and irritating :gah:

The next question is Boba Fett Mythos v2 when?

I have always wished the Mythos line was 1/4 scale, but on a positive note(for me anyway and I'm sure some others) these 1/5 Mythos will still fit inside the DF Moducases.

*clutches pearls* OMFG THIS IS SO TEMPTING this guy is wonderful!!! I have no where to put him! And I dont even care?!!! He is FRAKKIN' GORGEOUS OMG THAT EX
darth-vader-mythos_star-wars_triptych.jpg

Last edited:

I was wondering this just the other day, the last Mythos Fett was in 2013? I think it was, and if so he's overdue. The last one got away from me, but the next one WILL NOT. Meanwhile this Vader is luring me to the Dark Side I mean the Broke Side....

EDIT: Aaaaaaannnnnddddd..... PREORDERED. If we do get Fett 2, and I think we will, he will pair well with this piece.

Last edited:
Wow, this looks incredible. This is a definite buy for me, but I don’t think there’s a huge rush even to grab the exclusive considering the editions sizes they’ve been doing for all these. I will hold out hope, I’m sure in vain, that SS might bring back some of those $25 codes they were tossing out like candy for such a long time. They sure are pinching pennies over there now, that’s for sure.

This will be my first Mythos, I’ve been tempted by Asajj but could never pull the trigger. Not sure if this will push me to get her as a companion. Also, gotta love the complete lack of brand synergy from SS by making a Rebels Ahsoka in 1/4 scale then doing an obviously Rebels-inspired Vader in 1/5 🙄

Probably one of the best SW statues I've seen them do. I do feel like the cape is a just a bit much? Like it feels like it's a LOT more fabric than what would actually be on his back but I get it's for the dramatic look/effect. The Vader helmet with the Anakin eye peeking through is such a great sculpt.

Would love to see them tackle this as a 1/6 figure. That flaming saber doesn't even make sense but who cares since it looks awesome. :lol

The amazing thing to me is that not only does Sideshow include three heads, but also that all three look really good. This statue has sold me fully on the line.

I'm getting all the villains and skipping Anakin and Kenobi. I have been pretty critical of the Emperor in the past but I'm buying it anyway. The line will feel incomplete to me without him and I feel like he will be a chase statue eventually despite it's shortcomings. The cool flowing cape of Vader makes Sideshow's decision to go with soft goods on the Emperor all the more bizarre and irritating :gah:

Good idea, I'm getting Anakin and have Kenobi, I have an idea display wise for them in the future, but not overly excited for those pieces like I was with Ventress, Maul and now Vader. Kenobi is better in person but his head sculpt is meh, base and pose is boring, especially knowing how well their first Kenobi mythos head sculpt(s) were.

I see the idea behind having Palpatine and going full villain on the line too, I can't get over that cloth cape though.

Not surprising that the Kucharek Bros made this Vader, as they did Ventress and Maul, Sideshow should ask them to do more pieces.

Boba's has to be in the docket, regardless of the show, Boba will sell. I would love to see a storm/clone trooper mythos.

Mythos Clone Trooper, dont get my hopes up!! Lets see a Null ARC. I almost dont care which one. Ordo, maybe. This is the Mythos line, so we can have Nulls. Right? Right.

Y'all I just cannot with this guy. He is just magnificent. I'm a little peeved his saber does not light up, tho.

View attachment 557316
I love the fact that the lightsaber doesn't light up. Those features are like giving the pieces a death sentence. Eventually they will stop working and then it's like owning a defect object.

Back