Sideshow: Darth Vader Mythos Statue (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really tempted by this piece but that sculpted cape is sort of a bummer. I was always worried about the original Kenobi mythos getting damaged for the same reason. If I buy it it'll be one of those "never move it" statues...
No denying that Kenobi cape and overall piece was a beast, but this Vader looks amazing. I think that cape dynamic adds to the overall piece.

Really tempted by this piece but that sculpted cape is sort of a bummer. I was always worried about the original Kenobi mythos getting damaged for the same reason. If I buy it it'll be one of those "never move it" statues...
Mixed media sux. Scuplted all the way!

This piece has put me all in on the Mythos line now, it's so damn good. I just bought Maul and Asajj because of this piece. I'm considering the Emperor as well, but we'll see. Maybe in a sale. Hopefully we get another character announcement this year. Of course Boba Fett is going to be the obvious choice, but I would love a ROTJ/ESB Luke or Han or even a Mando next.

The Vader had a similar effect on me. After getting Maul and ordering Vader I had to have the Emperor despite the execution of him being not nearly as good. Then I had to get Ventress despite not liking the character as much because Sideshow did such a great job with the statue.

I'll be passing on Anakin and Kenobi but I hope to see another reveal soon.

The Vader had a similar effect on me. After getting Maul and ordering Vader I had to have the Emperor despite the execution of him being not nearly as good. Then I had to get Ventress despite not liking the character as much because Sideshow did such a great job with the statue.

I'll be passing on Anakin and Kenobi but I hope to see another reveal soon.
If these were quarter scale I’d probably cave for Vader and others. I only kept the Fett from the original Mythos line but that isn’t all that surprising for me. If you’ve got multiples and can dedicate some space to 1/5 scale I think these will look really nice together.

Thank you for your Ted talk. Seriously though, there’s a place for both in my collection but I generally prefer the mixed media look for my statues.
Mixed media can be great when the materials used are good quality and when the capes are posed properly, the overall piece can even be unique for each collector. I also have both sculpted and mixed media in my collection

I like both. It was SS OG PF Vader that pulled me into this rabbit hole. However, it is amazing to see how far sculpting has come with all the finite details they can now pack in.

I kind of liked this statue, but wasn't interested in buying it, due to its big size. With this large edition size I might find a good deal in time, so I might buy one some day. So it's all good in my case. And to be clear, I don't care about edition sizes, if I like the item, I buy it.

I kind of liked this statue, but wasn't interested in buying it, due to its big size. With this large edition size I might find a good deal in time, so I might buy one some day. So it's all good in my case. And to be clear, I don't care about edition sizes, if I like the item, I buy it.
Agree on the edition size, I don't care about that either. It is a solid strategy to look at the edition size to determine if it's a pre-order or an item you can wait for a deal down the road on. At 4500, I'd say even the exclusive edition will be around for a while...

11k is a lot of units to have out in the wild. For me, at the end of the day it comes down to if I like it. I think this piece is a homerun and look forward to having it in the collection.

Wow! I haven’t seen edition sizes like that in a long time! I’m no my a big statue buyer but even I ordered one, so it looks like I’m not alone.
The funny thing is the first Sideshow 1:1 Vader bust with Shaw head, the non-exclusive version didn't have an edition size established clearly, but it was way below 10000, most likely 1500-2500. Anyway, if I can find this Mythos Vader on a very good deal as an international customer, I'm in, as I don't care if it has 10000, 20000 or 10000000 edition size.

Last edited:
That's a high edition size so I now don't need to pre-order this. I'll wait until it's shipping next year, maybe get a better deal on it, but the bottom line is it will definitely be in the collection. It's too damn good.

From FB
C411BC12-E3C3-49B6-8DD8-F027958A138B.jpeg
C7950233-907F-4CC6-AF38-035F205B699F.jpeg
B446BD6A-FB5D-4044-A663-DC16F4308298.jpeg
587DEA4D-8063-4DBD-95E4-5015651E8FDE.jpeg
14909DD9-D386-4E3E-8205-B8EB65C24177.jpeg

Back