Sideshow: Darth Vader Mythos Statue (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife would kill me.
Luckily my girlfriend enables me so I'm lucky lol. If you can only choose one I'd say go for the Vader. I have the Maul, and it's stunning. But I feel like this Vader piece will be next level. And Vader is my favorite Star Wars character so the choice would be easy for me lol.

I see Sideshow has a companion print for this now. I'm not a print hater but I don't know how folks collect figures/statues AND prints unless they have almost unlimited space. The money spent has become almost irrelevant, at least for me. The display space is so fricking valuable that it might as well be a damn rhodium mine.

I see Sideshow has a companion print for this now. I'm not a print hater but I don't know how folks collect figures/statues AND prints unless they have almost unlimited space. The money spent has become almost irrelevant, at least for me. The display space is so fricking valuable that it might as well be a damn rhodium mine.
I feel like SS has a companion piece for all their big statues nowadays, they must be good sellers for them as they've been consistently doing it for awhile.

I'm very selective with prints, I have a few and they really help the display pop a bit, but I don't want to cover the walls with them, I want a clean display, not something that looks way too oversaturated.

Some of the art prints are rather nice imo. While i don’t own the statues, I quite like the prints a lot. Have the Ventress one (my favorite) the Ahsoka (in between worlds) the clan of 2 Mando, and Bobas the mercenary. Surprisingly I’m not too impressed with this Vader print for some reason.

After the finale, I'm sure SS got a few extra pre-orders over the last few days.

After the finale, I'm sure SS got a few extra pre-orders over the last few days.
I bet you’re right. I have a feeling either Fett or Ahsoka is in the pipeline and being that I still want to snag Ventress, I thought I better lock in this PO.

Some got turned off.
Me for example -Was planning on getting this, but will not. Don't want anything that might remind me of that....ahem, series....

C3DA9B69-4538-4605-8023-EB7ACBBF6AB4.jpeg
7A638323-6D63-46E9-BFC8-F26B17E97B42.jpeg
82845EF2-189D-4091-82EF-EC177299D3C8.jpeg
B159683D-0478-4452-AD55-BD80AA2FF477.jpeg
D58DAA98-8DB6-4707-A957-DCFD83D2EDBD.jpeg
3DD0ED78-04A8-45B8-8E8A-A655B7902F67.jpeg

They really need to improve the flames on the base, it just looks fake and bad. Otherwise it's pretty great. Personally I think they went a little too far with the total shredding of the arm fabric on his suit.

This piece has put me all in on the Mythos line now, it's so damn good. I just bought Maul and Asajj because of this piece. I'm considering the Emperor as well, but we'll see. Maybe in a sale. Hopefully we get another character announcement this year. Of course Boba Fett is going to be the obvious choice, but I would love a ROTJ/ESB Luke or Han or even a Mando next.

Really tempted by this piece but that sculpted cape is sort of a bummer. I was always worried about the original Kenobi mythos getting damaged for the same reason. If I buy it it'll be one of those "never move it" statues...

Back