Sideshow: Darth Vader Mythos Statue (2022)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a statue guy in general but this is a cool piece. Almost thinking about it, but I’m not really sure where it would go. Maybe..

Top part of his cape bothers me. Would have liked it better without it.
Can't do photoshop, so here's a quick solution with Windows Paint, to show what I mean.

darth-vader-mythos_star-wars_gallery_61e8c919834b8.jpg

darth-vader-mythos_star-wars_gallery_61e9e0a4f1793.jpg

darth-vader-mythos_star-wars_gallery_61e8c919080a9.jpg

I was thinking the same thing with the flames. I think it would look better if you shaved off the part that goes up at a right angle.

Same. I’m here for that entire, ridiculous cape and I love it. I was catching up on some livestreams tonight and apparently there are a lot of people who are completely “meh” about this statue and calling it overhyped, which I am just baffled by. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Lots of talk about how the original Mythos is still clearly superior. Personally, I couldn’t even tell you what the original Vader sells for because I’ve never even had the slightest desire to own it. But this, this here is my jam.

Vader Mythos 1 is listing for over $1000 on the Bay these days. Fett Mythos listing for about $1500.

The reactions i have seen for the new one are overwhelmingly positive, lots of people are saying this will be their first Mythos and that he is a must.

Can relate.

Last edited:
Tried reducing the cape at a part that might make it easier to "hide the crime" and changed the big flame a little. Modding the cap however you want might actually be easy (cut, fill, paint, weather, seal). But the flame is gonna be tricky if it's translucent.

vaderdadermaderkader.jpg

The cape is awesome the way it is…. The reaction has been positive as hell from what I seen .
The only negatives are coming from like three guys running anywhere they can to slag it cause they are crying about the first one being better cause they have it…If they truly believed it they would have to act so desperate…

Love the cape it’s badass …Yeah this is a hit.All I see is positive comments overwhelming.
I did see someone whining and they even had to acknowledge the crazy good hype in favor ….

The cape is awesome the way it is…. The reaction has been positive as hell from what I seen .
The only negatives are coming from like three guys running anywhere they can to slag it cause they are crying about the first one being better cause they have it…If they truly believed it they would have to act so desperate…

I think they are both great for different reasons. I passed on the first one and really regret it now, I just couldn't get past what I think is too much orange shading. The first one is a great look at Vader contemplating the choices he made and this new one is a striking look at what Anakin/Vader became after being cut down by Kenobi. I think there is space and purpose for both statues.

Back