1/6 Sideshow Collectibles Michael Myers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't with that guy. Great content for Myers fans but the amount of ads he puts on his videos is obnoxious. I watched a ten minute video which had FOUR COMMERICAL BREAKS. I get wanting to earn money if you're a content maker on Youtube but he takes it to a whole other level. I don't do ad block because I want to support creators but I can't watch his channel as every two minutes there's a friggen commerical break smh. Anyway, to each their own and I'm glad some of you really like him. He seems like a decent guy otherwise

I can't with that guy. Great content for Myers fans but the amount of ads he puts on his videos is obnoxious. I watched a ten minute video which had FOUR COMMERICAL BREAKS. I get wanting to earn money if you're a content maker on Youtube but he takes it to a whole other level. I don't do ad block because I want to support creators but I can't watch his channel as every two minutes there's a friggen commerical break smh. Anyway, to each their own and I'm glad some of you really like him. He seems like a decent guy otherwise

I've never seen an ad break in any of his videos.

I do have plenty of security loaded though - Avast Online Security, AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin, uMatrix and Malwarebytes Browser Guard - but I didn't know any of that could stop a Youtube advert from loading.

I think he doesn’t have the choice. I heard from another YouTube channel( I think it was either thing with two heads or cinemassacre) where that was brought up as a complaint and they don’t have the option to put the amount of ads or space them out. I don’t know how truthful that is, but that could be why. I ad block, I don’t give a ****.

I just watched a snippet of the head sculpt swap.

he incorrectly states that the cover of Halloween 4 is not the original mask. However, it is one from the 78 movie. I swear, i don’t think this guy really knows his stuff about this franchise.

He's a YouTuber with no direct affiliation with the studio or any manufacturer, he's just getting on camera and talking. Lot of people like him and even ones with pro review channels have erroneous information in some of their videos. Dean even says often, if I'm off, let me know in comments. He is passionate, but I've never seen him profess to be the end all of Myers knowledge.

It's the price of admission for watching YouTubers, take the information you get with a grain of salt, and if you can come away with something of value from watching, great, if not, move on to the next channel.

I watch Dean's videos to get a glimpse of products under similar conditions to my own shooting style to gauge how I might feel about them in hand or get alternate posing ideas.

I just watched a snippet of the head sculpt swap.

he incorrectly states that the cover of Halloween 4 is not the original mask. However, it is one from the 78 movie. I swear, i don’t think this guy really knows his stuff about this franchise.
This is actually what he said...
"Some one did mention in the comments for the review or maybe the post session it might have been that this really reminds them of the artwork from the Halloween 4 you know that famous front cover where they reused or made it look like the original mask was back it definitely wasn't. But anyway..."

I’m guessing the part I’m mistaking is that he actually talking about the mask in the movie and not really the cover mask?

I think he doesn’t have the choice. I heard from another YouTube channel( I think it was either thing with two heads or cinemassacre) where that was brought up as a complaint and they don’t have the option to put the amount of ads or space them out. I don’t know how truthful that is, but that could be why. I ad block, I don’t give a ****.
The ONLY time YouTubers do not have a choice is when a video is copyright claimed. Outside of that, they very much have complete control.

You should not have to look past something on a $250 figure. This is the Sideshow brain warp....."accept this.....than accept every other over priced 12" figure we offer." ToTs did this property and for much cheaper. Accepting this price with this level of quality only downgrades what we as collectors are willing to accept for an overpriced 12" figure

You should not have to look past something on a $250 figure. This is the Sideshow brain warp....."accept this.....than accept every other over priced 12" figure we offer." ToTs did this property and for much cheaper. Accepting this price with this level of quality only downgrades what we as collectors are willing to accept for an overpriced 12" figure

ToTs is more overpriced for its level of quality and lack of accessories.

$235 for Sideshow Myers isn't that bad for the figure quality and accessories.

With the $120 price point of a TOTS 78, you're making out with the head sculpt alone. The not so great body and Tinela's pattern for the coveralls are just icing on the cake at that point lol.

Also, if you get their accessory pack for $80, you've still got a better deal than the SS. That being said, at the end of the day, all that matters is that you're happy with your purchase!

Work in progress. Ikea Kallax cube diorama, I know the door isn't accurate to the movie. It's a placeholder from another project.

xZxbyLS.png
xgIdgU4.png

Thank you to our SSC representative….

:nono

I doubt that very much.

Remember, everyone has their opinions about things.

For me, I didn't buy the Sideshow, but from the neck down he's a solid figure. Maybe too solid for '78, but I like the naturalistic, human appearance.

The TOTS standout part is the sculpt. I wasn't totally happy with the figure until a body swap, and ankle extensions to elevate Castle to Courtney's stature, thereby taking up the excess material in the coverall legs. I also swapped the clown boots out for a pair I found among my spares.

Removing the eye section from the head also gave him the dead, black eyes irrespective of light source.

51078360206_5624365fc8_o.jpg

51401715528_f97d23df87_o.jpg

Swapping bodies gave me a spare 'African American' TTM19 that I didn't already have 'in stock', which I used for another project.

It's pretty hilarious that this was the body TOTS used for their '78 Myers...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The 'perfect' Myers can be a subjective thing, because it depends on the source images and their lighting, and the lighting in your own display.

The hairline on the Sideshow is the thing that stands out so obviously that, as I wrote before somewhere, it's almost as if there was a directive that it had to differ from the '78 screen mask.

Nevertheless, it's still a largely appealing figure due to the quality of the coveralls, boots and solid, naturalistic body.

:nono

I doubt that very much.

Remember, everyone has their opinions about things.

For me, I didn't buy the Sideshow, but from the neck down he's a solid figure. Maybe too solid for '78, but I like the naturalistic, human appearance.

The TOTS standout part is the sculpt. I wasn't totally happy with the figure until a body swap, and ankle extensions to elevate Castle to Courtney's stature, thereby taking up the excess material in the coverall legs. I also swapped the clown boots out for a pair I found among my spares.

Removing the eye section from the head also gave him the dead, black eyes irrespective of light source.

51078360206_5624365fc8_o.jpg

51401715528_f97d23df87_o.jpg

Swapping bodies gave me a spare 'African American' TTM19 that I didn't already have 'in stock', which I used for another project.

It's pretty hilarious that this was the body TOTS used for their '78 Myers...

Spoiler Spoiler:

The 'perfect' Myers can be a subjective thing, because it depends on the source images and their lighting, and the lighting in your own display.

The hairline on the Sideshow is the thing that stands out so obviously that, as I wrote before somewhere, it's almost as if there was a directive that it had to differ from the '78 screen mask.

Nevertheless, it's still a largely appealing figure due to the quality of the coveralls, boots and solid, naturalistic body.

Honestly, the big issue with Sideshow's figure is that they're selling it as "John Carpenter's Halloween" which is clearly isn't. Otherwise, it's a great high quality figure and accessories. It's Sideshow's interpretation of the character and that would be fine if they sold it as that. The Sideshow mask is still better looking than most official designs from other movies IMO. I ended up swapping the head with TOTS' head anyway.

Took some pics in the dark. :)

Attachments

• C5F3C343-6028-4ADA-8579-A2A7F1A9BD90.jpeg
    C5F3C343-6028-4ADA-8579-A2A7F1A9BD90.jpeg
    41.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 9437F47E-6CF2-49B3-B867-8F87EC50F9C2.jpeg
    9437F47E-6CF2-49B3-B867-8F87EC50F9C2.jpeg
    26.4 KB · Views: 82
  • AD24EE84-205A-4DAA-B562-8E0A2FF079B2.jpeg
    AD24EE84-205A-4DAA-B562-8E0A2FF079B2.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 4FE78A6D-9808-4F3E-B30C-E7815F4F008D.jpeg