Help Support Collector Freaks:

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
Yeah at over 1k for the pair, the longer to stretch out those payments the better. That’s the catch to having them ship within a month of each other I guess. Better than worrying if the other would go up for preorder. If Dracula didn’t do well, I’d fear for Van Helsing happening.

I agree that these will likely be very limited pieces. An edition of 666 honestly wouldn’t surprise me. I sincerely doubt over 1,000 based on the 5 of us in this thread that ordered :lol

Dr. Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
I wonder when they will actually tell us the edition size. Once that happens, some more may jump on board in a panicked frenzy.

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
I suspect so. I just hope they aren’t so low that these go the way of the Brendan Fraser Mummy PF. Only time I’m aware of they canceled an item due to low sales. It looked like crap but still.

Damien

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I suspect so. I just hope they aren’t so low that these go the way of the Brendan Fraser Mummy PF. Only time I’m aware of they canceled an item due to low sales. It looked like crap but still.
do you have a picture of that?

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
1628129676136.jpeg

1628129775385.jpeg

Zero likeness resemblance.

Dr. Anton Phibes

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
Not to rain on anyone's parade with regards to this piece, but the film is called "The Mummy". If they wanted to capitalize on the film's success....The Mummy should've been the initial release. When the film was made, I remember Arnold Vossloo was asked "Are you upset about marquee billing?" His repsonse was "Not at all...the film is called The Mummy. Not The Brendan Fraser".

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
I think just like with these, a pair of figures probably would have done better. O’Connell with Imhotep would have likely done better but I think the lack of a likeness is really what killed that piece. Even if you don’t like the movie, a well done mummy could be a tempting figure.

burtial

Super Freak
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Reaction score
I think just like with these, a pair of figures probably would have done better. O’Connell with Imhotep would have likely done better but I think the lack of a likeness is really what killed that piece. Even if you don’t like the movie, a well done mummy could be a tempting figure.
Very true. I didn't care too much for the movies, but I do love my SOTA Toys Mummy figure.

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
A bit higher than I expected. I honestly thought 500 or maybe 666. Also thought Dracula might be a higher edition than Van Helsing.

lttgtimaatisgdaicfi

Super Freak
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reaction score
That is high but they don't make them all at once do they? I doubt they end up making only half of that total if that.

Buttmunch

Two-Faced Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Reaction score
No, they aren’t like BCS that sets an edition higher than it needs to be and then does batches of 500. They do a run of statues and then are done with them. I only think they’ve had multiple ‘batches’ on something like marvel PFs with really high editions (10,00+) where they can’t all physically fit in one shipping container and another shipment is needed for that.

Some of their 1/6 figures have had multiple runs though but they aren’t limited to a set edition size. I’m sure they’ll run all 750 at once and be done.

toycrypt

Super Freak
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reaction score
I hate Brandon Frazier and I also hate the number 666.....it haunts me ever since I started making loot on crypto...lol.