Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to add this to my collection. I've been waiting about 15 years for a 1/4 Cap I want to display. The costume on this PF isn't perfect, but it's certainly close enough for me.
Agreed. I've been waiting years and years for a fully sculpted classic Cap to buy and have watched them come and go from other companies without ever pulling the trigger due to one or more things rubbing me the wrong way. I still wish that this one didn't have the utility belt since that wasn't added to his costume until many decades after his debut (Marvel Knights to be exact) and I do think that the blast effects cheapen the look a bit but otherwise the rest of his costume, physique, facial expression and pose are absolutely dynamite. I think I'm gonna pull the trigger on this one.

Last edited:
Contemplating ordering when I just noticed this for the first time: The Kucharek Brothers (Design)

I was a fan of their work with Bowen so this is probably becoming me next SS order.

Sideshow seems to be doing fewer and fewer exclusives these days. The Dracula PFs didn’t have them and neither did Carnage. I wonder why the trending away from them? Maybe more what they are doing with the 1:6 figures and just doing completely alternate costumes might happen? The Batgirl PF variant seems to say yes.
Because they’re startin to cheap out & get lazy

This is definitely for me too. Fits close to the classic Cap I've been waiting for.

I broke down and POd this spectacular piece. I didn't want to PO this before the ES is set. Also, since there isn't a EX for this PF, I wasn't in a hurry to order this. However, at $595 shipped, I couldn't resist pulling the trigger on this.

I both want this and the new Vader PF so I've been trying to figure how to get both. If I can only get one, it's definitely this one. Of all the Cap statues out there, this is one of my favorites 1/4 scale.

I both want this and the new Vader PF so I've been trying to figure how to get both. If I can only get one, it's definitely this one. Of all the Cap statues out there, this is one of my favorites 1/4 scale.
I agree. For me personally, this is the best 1/4 Cap out there.

I'm new to this hobby...and have overextended myself from buying left and right to get started. How long (guestimate) will this one stay on the market before selling out? 3500 is a decent number...more than most.

I'm new to this hobby...and have overextended myself from buying left and right to get started. How long (guestimate) will this one stay on the market before selling out? 3500 is a decent number...more than most.
Sideshow is known to reissue their pieces so even if the first run sells out, they will more than likely have a second run

Do you mean multiple runs within the 3500? Or they will go beyond 3500?
I’m honestly not sure. But just taking their more recent Batman (black one standing on a grave), Superman and Wonder Woman comic PFs-All have been “sold out” at least once but then go back into production. The Superman PF JUST sold out again, though I’m guessing it’s for the last time as that’s an old PF. They do this with their 1/6 figures as well. Not sure if that’s within the supposed “edition size” or not. But they tend be sold out for a little time then all of sudden be back up for PO, at least the regular versions. Usually once EX’s are sold out, that’s it. The Clark Kent Superman PF was sold out then I was surprised to see it back up for PO.

This will be available for a while, they won't do more than 3500 and there will be batches but normally it just goes back to pre order again with an estimated date. If you don't want to miss out then you could order with a long layaway plan but you'll get a chance to buy for a while IMO

This will be available for a while, they won't do more than 3500 and there will be batches but normally it just goes back to pre order again with an estimated date. If you don't want to miss out then you could order with a long layaway plan but you'll get a chance to buy for a while IMO
R.gif
That's the fact, as I know there will be batches

The total ES will not exceed 3500 but it may very well get released in batches over time. Who knows how long it'll take to sell out.

I always wondered why Sideshow keeps making high production runs and making back to back versions of the same character. I have to imagine that it is something to do with keeping the license tied up. In addition, each iteration serves as landmarks for the evolution of the company and the industry.

Back