Sideshow Captain America Premium Format 2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think this looks great. I have the original PF but will probably pick this up as well. The option to remove the pouches would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Curious to see what the exclusive will be.

Dunno. I also really like the previous Cap PF sculpted by Daniel Bel. That's my modern Cap PF. This will be my classic Cap PF.

Last edited:
For me personally, there are 3 things I'd change about the PF if I could. First, get rid of the pouches. Second, have the silver on his shield be white. Lastly, correct the stripes on his abs. The red stripe goes down the center of his abs. They have the white stripe there now.

Not sure how likely this is, but since this piece is still a prototype I'm hoping SSC will fix the stripes on his shield and abs. I don't mind the pouches, but it would nice too if SSC made his belt with pouches removable. Or get rid of the pouches altogether ...I don't mind.

Waiting for this to go on Pre-order. This will be my Brubaker/Civil War comics Captain America version. Granted that they make a companion piece of Bucky Captain America, they will serve as bookends to my Brubaker omnibus sets. Also, if they do indeed plan a Bucky Cap, it would be awesome to have Alex Ross be involved considering he helped design the Bucky Cap costume.

Waiting for this to go on Pre-order. This will be my Brubaker/Civil War comics Captain America version. Granted that they make a companion piece of Bucky Captain America, they will serve as bookends to my Brubaker omnibus sets. Also, if they do indeed plan a Bucky Cap, it would be awesome to have Alex Ross be involved considering he helped design the Bucky Cap costume.
Yes, this exactly.

Guessing this is going up today or sometime soon. The sculptor (Martin Canele) posted many of the official pics up on his IG today with price at $615. No mention of an EX though

I understand the pouches, I can even forgive the shield mishaps - but the stripes need fixing. The stripes are iconic.

Sideshow seems to be doing fewer and fewer exclusives these days. The Dracula PFs didn’t have them and neither did Carnage. I wonder why the trending away from them? Maybe more what they are doing with the 1:6 figures and just doing completely alternate costumes might happen? The Batgirl PF variant seems to say yes.

Sideshow seems to be doing fewer and fewer exclusives these days. The Dracula PFs didn’t have them and neither did Carnage. I wonder why the trending away from them? Maybe more what they are doing with the 1:6 figures and just doing completely alternate costumes might happen? The Batgirl PF variant seems to say yes.
Looking at this I don't think there's much more that could be done for an ex. 2nd portrait of course with a different expression, open mouth(?). Which to me is not really necessary. Shield presented perfectly for the pose so no gun hand really needed.

There's a couple of PF's that I've seen on SSC website that have the reg. edition sold out with the ex. still available, I would assume because people/retailers want the reg. enough without really needing or wanting the ex. which of course only goes through Sideshow.

Sure, but I like seeing the "A" & wings and the alternate shield seems to repetitive. To each their own... maybe anything extra is always good but I don't always necessarily need it.

I like seeing the "A" too, but it would still be present on the half cowl.

stern-byrne-captain-america-vol-1-no-255-march-1981-2.jpg

Having both shields and cowls just would have been a nice update to the original mixed media PF from 2006.

I can't wait to add this to my collection. I've been waiting about 15 years for a 1/4 Cap I want to display. The costume on this PF isn't perfect, but it's certainly close enough for me.

I like seeing the "A" too, but it would still be present on the half cowl.

stern-byrne-captain-america-vol-1-no-255-march-1981-2.jpg

Having both shields and cowls just would have been a nice update to the original mixed media PF from 2006.
Yah, that would have worked. I was thinking the full cowl was pushed back off his head..that and the earlier shield would have definitely given the figure an even more classic look.

Back