Sideshow Cad Bane The Clone Wars Animated 1/6 Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just remember that every time you gaslight yourself into buying a Sideshow piece, it only emboldens them to continue to cut costs and produce garbage.

Sideshows aliens/non human characters come out better than their human sculpts. Even if this isn’t hot toys quality, paint wise, which it won’t be - I still think it’ll look good.

I must be in the minority in this thread that mostly prefers the live action look of Bane. To me the live action just looks more like an Old West gunslinger.

As such the live action HT figures suit my Clone Wars wants just fine. If Sideshow would have absolutely nailed this lineup I would have been tempted but they had almost zero margin for error. And based on the Anakin and Kenobi production figures they have made it very easy to just completely ignore this entire line.

Also that looks like a lot of pleather...

Last edited:
Side note, how many factories in china could be painting (apparently by hand) 1/6 figures?

Doesn’t seem likely that asmus, sideshow, threezero, hot toys, big chief, damtoys, etc etc all have completely different factories painting and making these things. Any production photos I’ve seen, they all look like a pretty small operation.

Does hot toys have the associates painting sculpts and sideshow uses the interns at the same factory?

I must be in the minority in this thread that mostly prefers the live action look of Bane. To me the live action just looks more like an Old West gunslinger.

As such the live action HT figures suit my Clone Wars wants just fine. If Sideshow would have absolutely nailed this lineup I would have been tempted but they had almost zero margin for error. And based on the Anakin and Kenobi production figures they have made it very easy to just completely ignore this entire line.

Also that looks like a lot of pleather...
It is a lot of pleather. Also, this doesn't look bad at all but we all know SS prototypes to finished product tend to vary quite a bit. I really liked his live action look and am looking forward to the HT as you know what to expect with them (mostly).

This version seems a lot better than HT. Still, will wait for the production piece. Or if they make animated PF version (like Ahsoka) - already have Gentle Giant bust on preorder, but statue would be better.

Not sure how this would be considered a lot better than the Hot Toys version off the bat. The Hot Toys version is likely going to be close to the prototype. The Sideshow version is probably going to fail to get close it. And the SSC has a ton of pleather which is troubling because I doubt it's going to last.

If it's down to preference between the animated and live action appearances then I certainly understand but that's not on the figures themselves.

I like Cad Bane because he's a bounty hunter but he's not a favorite character personally so I don't have a strong attachment to his animated appearance. I agree with @TurdFurgusonsHat that I prefer the old west gunslinger look of the live action version.

Side note, how many factories in china could be painting (apparently by hand) 1/6 figures?

Doesn’t seem likely that asmus, sideshow, threezero, hot toys, big chief, damtoys, etc etc all have completely different factories painting and making these things. Any production photos I’ve seen, they all look like a pretty small operation.

Does hot toys have the associates painting sculpts and sideshow uses the interns at the same factory?

It's common to have factories contracted out by companies but I would guess the hand painted parts are probably different since it's more specialized. It's not really work just anyone off the street could do if you throw them on a production line.

EXO-6 is a smaller operation run differently but nanjin has talked about retaining painters for the head sculpts.

And I don't think Sideshow has their sculpts painted so much as someone lines them up and shoots them with a paint gun.

1__scaled_600.jpg
2__scaled_600.jpg
3__scaled_600.jpg
4__scaled_600.jpg

I just want to meet that overenthusiastic salesman twat from the video and tell him what a joke Sideshow are.

This could be such a brilliant line if it weren’t for the company producing it.

This is Bane. The live action version just became redundant but unfortunately it won’t look remotely like the prototype once released. I’ve never felt this combination of disappointment at being excited.

I don't like the way live action Cad Bane looks. Urgh terrible. So I'm skipping the HT BoBF version.
This SS TCW version looks great but it's SS so definitely going to wait for final release version. Far too high a chance the actual release will be garbage.

I just want to meet that overenthusiastic salesman twat from the video and tell him what a joke Sideshow are.

This could be such a brilliant line if it weren’t for the company producing it.

This is Bane. The live action version just became redundant but unfortunately it won’t look remotely like the prototype once released. I’ve never felt this combination of disappointment at being excited.
I don't like the way live action Cad Bane looks. Urgh terrible. So I'm skipping the HT BoBF version.
This SS TCW version looks great but it's SS so definitely going to wait for final release version.

I will say it's definitely a rough time to be an animated Cad Bane fan so I sympathize. I know how weird it is to feel both excitement and dread in a collectible.

What will in all likelihood be the objectively better figure is based on an appearance many animated fans don't like and the figure that looks the part is destined to fall short. Quite the conundrum.

Darn it, I hate myself for loving this. Let's just hope the broken clocks are right twice a day rule applies to this one. Wouldn't hesitate to buy this over the Hot Toys live-action version IF Sideshow don't screw it up.

These QVC videos always sound like a kid trying to pad out an essay with a minimum word count.

Also I didn't need to hear Guy waxing poetically about Cad Bane's elongated blue fingers of the Duros™.

Last edited:
These QVC videos always sound like a kid trying to pad out an essay with a minimum word count.

Also I didn't need to hear Guy waxing poetically about Cad Bane's elongated blue fingers of the Duros™.

Sideshow needs to replace their stupid employee tee shirts with some of these stupid employee tee shirts. Everytime I see them I imagine Tom Cruise as doofus Vince.

TB2wbi.gif

I am now conflicted. Ordered the HT version now Sideshow does this. Wow. What to do.

I've got no real attachment to the character, but I gotta say this is one of the coolest looking figures I've seen from Sideshow in ages. If the final figure comes even close to this prototype (and I know that's a big "if"), I will definitely be picking it up.

Back