Statue Sideshow Asajj Ventress Mythos statue 1/5

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a question to any that have this statue.
How stable is it? Is it prone to tilting backwards?

I ask because, I preordered this in Jan22, right after the first batch sold out. It arrived a couple weeks ago (June) and was very top and back heavy; it tilted back on me putting the hands on, and wanted to rest tiling with the front of the base 1/2” in the air. I live in earthquake country, so the idea of this is terrifying. It seemed somewhat secure with 5-6 felt pads added around the back of the base to support it, but still.
I am waiting on the replacement now, Sideshow was confident this is an anomaly, but I am wondering if it is a change in the weight/ distribution of the base on the second batch.

It is a gorgeous statue. Thanks

Sorry for the bump, but I finally ordered this with the promo and reward points. Too good to pass up. Can’t wait to unbox this one!
Don't apologize, it is a great statue and if it wasn't for the ridiculous ES, probably would of sold out along with Maul a while ago.

The Ahsoka PF will be around for a long time, another ES that is way too high.

I ask because, I preordered this in Jan22, right after the first batch sold out. It arrived a couple weeks ago (June) and was very top and back heavy; it tilted back on me putting the hands on, and wanted to rest tiling with the front of the base 1/2” in the air. I live in earthquake country, so the idea of this is terrifying. It seemed somewhat secure with 5-6 felt pads added around the back of the base to support it, but still.
I am waiting on the replacement now, Sideshow was confident this is an anomaly, but I am wondering if it is a change in the weight/ distribution of the base on the second batch.

I've had it since early 2021 and I've had no issues. It does look like it would have some leaning issues but it hasn't for me.

Not sure how being in an earthquake country would affect it though.

Better late than never. Super impressed with this piece.
0D83726F-8A18-47A6-8580-472EB38B82C4.jpeg

I can't speak to the 2nd batch, but the base on mine rests flat and seems pretty stable. There's a little play if I push backwards on the base, but very little.

Attachments

• Asajj Ventress - Front.jpg
    Asajj Ventress - Front.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 0
I can't speak to the 2nd batch, but the base on mine rests flat and seems pretty stable. There's a little play if I push backwards on the base, but very little.
I know with mine (which is 2nd batch) if I give it a little nudge to fall backwards there's enough weight for it to tilt back forwards. Handling it does make it seem a little heavy in the back, but once displayed I think it's fine.

Back