Premium Format Sideshow Ahsoka Tano Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Except Sideshow doesn't do animated SW headsculpts so it's going to be a realistic portrait regardless.

Which is in Sideshow’s favor. Total artistic representation and no one can complain unlike the caricature headsculpts they did for Cara Dune and Gideon:lol

Honestly, I’m more excited to see what they are doing for the new Power Girl PF than Ahsoka for just 1 simple reason: SSC has abandoned using light up sabers with their Darth Maul being their final one. Sure, i know there are several people who can do a conversion (and those have usually turned out better than even the best SSC ones, I had to get my Malgus saber repaired and the custom was much better).

I understand their rationale=money. It’s not just costly to incorporate the electronics but shipping, breakages, customer flubs, etc. all brought upon the downfall of standard light up sabers on SW PF’s. I remember buying my first one that was not red (either Ayala or Shaak-Ti and the bright blue glow was glorious). Imagine a well made Ahsoka in her Rebels gear, with 2 white sabers that just transform it from nice to special!

Honestly, I’m more excited to see what they are doing for the new Power Girl PF than Ahsoka for just 1 simple reason: SSC has abandoned using light up sabers with their Darth Maul being their final one. Sure, i know there are several people who can do a conversion (and those have usually turned out better than even the best SSC ones, I had to get my Malgus saber repaired and the custom was much better).

I understand their rationale=money. It’s not just costly to incorporate the electronics but shipping, breakages, customer flubs, etc. all brought upon the downfall of standard light up sabers on SW PF’s. I remember buying my first one that was not red (either Ayala or Shaak-Ti and the bright blue glow was glorious). Imagine a well made Ahsoka in her Rebels gear, with 2 white sabers that just transform it from nice to special!

It is crazy how the light up sabers became a thing of the past while prices continue to surge.

It is a joke.

Yes, they definitely made improvements to the light up sabers during the Aayla timeframe and then pretty quickly did away with them. Honestly, I was OK with it because I very rarely lit them up anyway and of the ones I still have, I think 2 out of 7 still work. For the price point hike, they should've not only kept the light-up feature but improved both the reliability and look.

Yes, they definitely made improvements to the light up sabers during the Aayla timeframe and then pretty quickly did away with them. Honestly, I was OK with it because I very rarely lit them up anyway and of the ones I still have, I think 2 out of 7 still work. For the price point hike, they should've not only kept the light-up feature but improved both the reliability and look.

Yep, last one I got that had a light up feature was the Shaak-Ti one. Granted it looks amazing lit up, but I never used it due to how often those things broke after prolonged use. Great statue though and I'd also have loved SS to evolve the tech.

Shaak-Ti looked amazing with her saber lit.

sEIDhHu.jpg

So I see that this was announced and available for RSVP. Doesn't most of their PF's nowadays have Fine Art Prints in tandem with them? Like how the Mythos Asajj had an art print based on the design. Wouldn't this confirm the speculation that the Ahsoka PF will likely be based on Rebels?

1200_previewbanner_501211_AhsokaPrint.jpg.jpg

It was safe to assume it was going to be Rebels Ahsoka anyway, based off the teaser image.

I?d say, minus your small variations, we just got our first glimpse of this as a PF. Rebels - check, Animated to realistic portrait (non-specific) - check. Based off this scene she did hold her lightsabers this way, now just make them light up.

I?d say, minus your small variations, we just got our first glimpse of this as a PF. Rebels - check, Animated to realistic portrait (non-specific) - check. Based off this scene she did hold her lightsabers this way, now just make them light up.

If this is the P.F., I’m in. I wouldn’t mind a future alternate S7 Mando version. But Sideshow doesn’t typically repaint their PF’s like they do for Marvel/GI Joe, right?

If this is the P.F., I’m in. I wouldn’t mind a future alternate S7 Mando version. But Sideshow doesn’t typically repaint their PF’s like they do for Marvel/GI Joe, right?

Sometimes they double dip on characters but repaints feel relatively uncommon. I think the only real instance of extensive repaints was with the Stormtrooper which they made a couple of variations of.

Ahsoka's appearance and outfits are so different from each other that they wouldn't be able to repaint them anyway.

Yeah this wouldn't be close to how Ahsoka looks like in Mando Season 2.

That would be a completely different project, also a project they would have to start after this season came out, so I wouldn't expect that piece anytime soon.

She looks GLORIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

This is SO much better than I thought it would be!!!!!!!

So glad they went with Rebels Ahsoka!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And it looks like the Ex comes with a Morai on it's own base!

Speaking of bases, the base is based on Malachor from Season 2 of Rebels!

Well..they nailed it.

She looks fantastic and I now have something to use all my reward points on.

Give me a confirmation that those gorgeous white sabers light up and I'll be completely satisfied.

Very happy they didn't screw this up like Mando, Gideon and Cara.

Looks great! But it’d be #3 of Ahsoka costumes so the two Hot Toys will have to do for now.

Maybe once I see this in person, my mind will change:dunno

Someone over in the other forums joked about the hands in the pose being not being canon.

I'm here to confirm that the pose is INDEED canon.

o1jJ19F.png

Back