1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work on the bash, matrix.

I always felt the old Sideshow Raiders hat had a wonderful asymmetrical quality that captured Raiders well, the hat itself just suffered from being too small and, well, being from 2008.

If someone could hydrospan it up and thin the brim, it might make a nice Raiders hat.

He’s finally mine! I know there’s a lot of work to do on it (I’ve started some already). I literally read nearly this entire thread from the point where ppl started getting theirs in hand to see what everyone has done. But very happy to finally have this figure in my collection from my favorite of the Indy films. Still have the Present Toys version on PO to get the headsculpts and other bits from it.

9DA31612-6BCF-4987-9891-01BBFF723134.jpeg

He really is. After taking apart the entire torso to get to the broken arm parts, it’s was relatively easy to fix the arms with some screws and superglue. I’m thinking of getting the DoggieDoc DX set (when available) to have some Raiders items. I just want one Indy, so it won’t bother me to have a mix of bits like the idol on display even though the figure is from ToD

With Sideshow reissuing Freddy & Jason, Hot Toys reissuing Marty McFly I’m actually praying this gets the same treatment. I’ve seen it for £2,500 on eBay. This would be the holy grail for me!

Overall it is a great figure and maybe it will get rereleased since a new movie is coming out. Prices are crazy on this one. I have him and overall really happy with him out of the box. I need to weather his clothes though.

With Sideshow reissuing Freddy & Jason, Hot Toys reissuing Marty McFly I’m actually praying this gets the same treatment. I’ve seen it for £2,500 on eBay. This would be the holy grail for me!
It’s definitely a grail for me as well even though I’ve been doing some work on it in my free time. Luckily I didn’t pay anywhere near $2500. I would still be down for a reissue though to get some parts and maybe a new body that doesn’t have paint rubs in the elbow joints. It would also be interesting to see if paint apps would be better, the same or worse. Mythos Obiwan’s paint was downgraded in its reissue.

Sideshow reissues are notoriously worse than the initial release with rare exception.
very true. I'm not sure how the Freddy Krueger reissue has come out, but it seems the SW figures that have been reissued over the past couple of years haven't faired too well. Even my R2-D2 reissue got pushed back from now to Dec21-Jan 22 so I wonder if that, too was having trouble at the factory level.

I have a custom TOD Indy. Sideshow repainted sculpt, shirt, pants, sword, stones and whip. Inigo hat, DiD satchel, custom boots, custom strap and custom TOD holster and belt on a Hot Toys body. Cost is $450. Pm me for pics if anyone is interested. Thx

Back