Shumi Arts - ShumiRai SCFC001 - 1/6 Scale Hikaru the Bounty Hunter (ヒカル)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I usually don't care for figure bases, and even though they have not showed detailed photos of the base alone, the base figured prominently in my decision to get this figure

yeah, I usually don't care for figure bases, and even though they have not showed detailed photos of the base alone, the base figured prominently in my decision to get this figure
I went from being a little bothered that they'd never mentioned an option for a standard to really looking at the base and realizing how amazing it looks. The exhaust pipe discolouration looks utterly fantastic. The truth is, had they put the standard up first, then the base version later, I'd likely have been emailing and demanding to upgrade to get the base, haha.

I believe ShumiRai only offered one version (with base) but after getting feedback they decided to offer it without the base and also the base alone. I'm really digging the base so sticking with it. Might actually pick up the standard too :lol

Aint spending 400 on a figure to let the pleather rot.
They're not using pleather, but ok.

I believe ShumiRai only offered one version (with base) but after getting feedback they decided to offer it without the base and also the base alone. I'm really digging the base so sticking with it. Might actually pick up the standard too :lol
Ah, that's awesome that they decided to do that. I love the base too, but there may be a few people who already placed an order even though they'd have preferred to have a lower price and no base, so hopefully stores will allow them to change over to standard.

Ah, that's awesome that they decided to do that. I love the base too, but there may be a few people who already placed an order even though they'd have preferred to have a lower price and no base, so hopefully stores will allow them to change over to standard.
So its real leather? Or vinly? Coz sure looks shiny on the jacket.

Looks like they may be planning SFC002 to be “Tomoe Yukishiro” from Rurouni Kenshin. Personally not much interest but seeing the variety of what they’ll be making is really neat.

IMG_6804.jpeg

IMG_6805.jpeg

6ab98a63-4a20-45bf-9df9-c80a6658010f.jpg

Pretty much self-explanatory on the material usage for those interested.

In the close ups you can see the woven nylon fabric. So I think it's similar in concept to something like a waxed cotton. It should be durable or at least more durable than pleather. Time will tell :pray:

"Pleather" is not a technical term for manufacturing. Polyurethane is a technical term, but drilling down a bit more, there are 3 types of polyurethane coated fabric on the market today:
  • Polycarbonate (PC) – The best resin available. It is very durable with high resistance to humidity, heat and light.
  • Polyether (PET) - Good resistance to humidity, heat and light.
  • Polyester (PES) - Low resistance to humidity, heat and light. (Probably what most toy manufacturers use)

Back