Shumi Arts - ShumiRai SCFC001 - 1/6 Scale Hikaru the Bounty Hunter (ヒカル)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nagoya

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Shumi Arts presents the first entry in their ShumiRai Series, Hikaru the Bounty Hunter 1/6 Scale Figure. Combining both cyberpunk and samurai elements, this unique piece was based off the art of South Korean artist, Gharliera.

Product Features:
  • 12.75 inches tall (32.4cm)
  • 1/6 Scale
  • Made of metal, fabric, resin, PVC, and ABS
  • Concept illustration by Gharliera
  • Part of the ShumiRai series
  • Approx. 20 points of articulation (Die-cast joints)
  • Interchangeable parts and accessories
Product Includes:
  • Hikaru figure
  • 7 Interchangeable hand parts
  • Faux leather red jacket
  • Printed white t-shirt
  • Red short pants
  • Sneaker shoes
  • Katana
  • Cyberpunk-style blade
  • 3 Throwing knives
  • Goggles
  • Pelican case
  • Black backpack
  • Choker
  • ShumiRai's basic magnet base (made with mixed polystone & acrylic)
IMG_5703.png
IMG_5705.png
IMG_5708.png
IMG_5709.png
IMG_5707.png
IMG_5706.png
IMG_5704.png
IMG_5702.png
IMG_5701.png

Last edited:
Honestly, what a concept. I have no knowledge about Shumi Arts whatsoever, but this is their new division ShumiRai’s first release.

It’s fascinating that this figure has die-cast joints and magnets in the base, yet no other top of the industry standards like PERS and rooted hair. Not to mention the faux leather jacket? Maybe they think there’s too much risk for mass QA failures.

Faux leather aside, I think what will hurt this figure’s sales the most is the ludicrous price.

Edit — Gundamit - $465:
https://gundamit.com/shumirai-1-6-scfc001-hikaru-the-bounty-hunter_p2710.html
OSK - $492:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4530
SpecFictionShop - $575 (full price) / $595 (deposit)… LMAO:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/col...karu-the-bounty-hunter?variant=45221551407408

Last edited:
Honestly, what a concept. I have no knowledge about Shumi Arts whatsoever, but this is their new division ShumiRai’s first release.

It’s fascinating that this figure has die-cast joints and magnets in the base, yet no other top of the industry standards like PERS and rooted hair. Not to mention the faux leather jacket? Maybe they think there’s too much risk for mass QA failures.

Faux leather aside, I think what will hurt this figure’s sales the most is the ludicrous price.

OSK - $492:
https://onesixthkit.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=4530
SpecFictionShop - $575 (full price) / $595 (deposit)… LMAO:
https://www.specfictionshop.com/col...karu-the-bounty-hunter?variant=45221551407408
That price is mainly because we're going through retailers that will ship the figure worldwide so they add a markup to it. If you bought the figure directly from Shumi or on a Chinese site, it costed $380.

That price is mainly because we're going through retailers that will ship the figure worldwide so they add a markup to it. If you bought the figure directly from Shumi or on a Chinese site, it costed $380.
Sorry for the long-winded (and thoroughly edited) response—ugh. I’ll preface by saying I completely believe you and would say it’s a typically fair generalisation, but there are still two strange pricing things I notice when it comes to this figure.

A) Spec is offering free shipping only to the USA. The inflated price could certainly be there to offset part of the cost to get the items there in the first place, but that leads directly to….​

B) There’s already another product which is virtually identical, from a production standpoint, that’s floating around which contradicts the pricing difference: Blitzway x BHEADworks’ figures:​
  • Both involve companies which are Korean (or at least have a strong Korean market presence?)
  • Both are original characters done as a collaboration between a larger figure company and a smaller artist, and
  • Both come with a massive base which looks like it could cost a fortune to ship.
Check out the latest BHEADworks’ release “Devil Moli” and the price difference on OSK and Spec:​
OSK - $509:​
SpecFictionShop - $355 (full) / $375 (deposit):​

Just a weird observation. I honestly understand storefront pricing differences even less than I thought—I’d wager that purchasing from Spec internationally would add a ton from shipping costs, but that could be said for the ShumiRai figure too, even after its price is already hideously inflated.

Last edited:
I really love the design of this figure, but the price... ouch! I gave into temptatation eventually and pre ordered. Kind a reminds me of a mix of Kaneda and Alita, with some Gaki Race thrown in for good measure

gakirace.jpeg

The aesthetic is killer, and is undoubtedly inspired by Kaneda! I went ahead and put down a PO, though I am curious why Shumi Arts/Rai keep referring to it as a “standard ver”… wondering if they’ll actually end up announcing a premium edition with rooted hair like the original proto seemed to have, and we will feel silly :slap:

I was about to pre-order, until i saw the price. If they sold it without the fancy base and at a lower price point, i would bite. I think it would display well alongside the Akira bike.

The head sculpt was the main reason I didn't pull the trigger on this, as she was giving off that 'dead' staring at nothing Hot Toys/ Soosoo expression originally, but she looks SO much better and more focused in these photos. But of course, has sold out at all of the Asian sites now...

That’s crazy. I haven’t been able to find the quantity of pieces that they made, but I wouldn’t have thought they’d sell out from websites so fast. Saw it’s still available on OneSixthOutfitters for about $495, but no idea their shipping prices. Probably still would be better than BBTS’s offering at $595.. good lord.

That’s crazy. I haven’t been able to find the quantity of pieces that they made, but I wouldn’t have thought they’d sell out from websites so fast. Saw it’s still available on OneSixthOutfitters for about $495, but no idea their shipping prices. Probably still would be better than BBTS’s offering at $595.. good lord.
I did contact OSO to ask about the shipping fee, as they are in Brooklyn and I'm in Jersey City. They just replied a second ago to say the fee will be low due to my location because they do ship out of NYC, so I'm yet again tempted to preorder even though her price is pretty painful. I honestly think the price is good if she ends up looking IDENTICAL to those latest photos, but I'm wondering how much the final paint will be downgraded during mass production.

Last edited:
Wait, even though I drew some vague BlitzwayxBhead comparisons in an earlier comment, I didn’t actually think the companies were affiliated with each other—maybe I’m blind but did you see something suggesting they are split from the same group?
I looked through some of Shumi Arts’ IG tags for reviews and it looks like their sculpts all turn out remarkable, but then again this figure sounds like it will apparently be their first “mass” production, so who really knows:

Wait, even though I drew some vague BlitzwayxBhead comparisons in an earlier comment, I didn’t actually think the companies were affiliated with each other—maybe I’m blind but did you see something suggesting they are split from the same group?
I looked through some of Shumi Arts’ IG tags for reviews and it looks like their sculpts all turn out remarkable, but then again this figure sounds like it will apparently be their first “mass” production, so who really knows:

Re-reading my previous message, my choice of words did imply they are connected! That's not what I meant. Sorry! I'll edit my comment. I meant that the Blitzway figures suffer a downgrade during mass production and I'm worried that this could be the case for this figure too, (even though the businesses are not connected) due to her being mass produced and not a bespoke 'art' piece. her face reminded me a little of the girls from the Blitzway line in terms of rendering and style, which is why I mentioned them (but shouldn't have!)

Last edited:
Ahh yeah, any figure for BHead prices, like this one and even all of InArt’s, should strive to be as close to their proto as possible—that’s so disappointing to hear that BHead’s is off the mark.
I managed to secure a PO with GD’s cheap NRD in case I get gun shy from the full price next year, but doubt I’d have personally put down the much scarier $100 deposit OSO is asking. Double fingers crossed that it turns out if you decide to go for one, though 🤞🤞

I did contact OSO to ask about the shipping fee, as they are in Brooklyn and I'm in Jersey City. They just replied a second ago to say the fee will be low due to my location because they do ship out of NYC, so I'm yet again tempted to preorder even though her price is pretty painful. I honestly think the price is good if she ends up looking IDENTICAL to those latest photos, but I'm wondering how much the final paint will be downgraded during mass production.
Had no idea they're in Brooklyn. I'm in NY as well so I wonder if they would allow a local pick up option so that there's no shipping involved.

I'm surprised this sold out so quick from all the retailers. Was there a short cut off date or did all the stock just sell out that quick?

Ahh yeah, any figure for BHead prices, like this one and even all of InArt’s, should strive to be as close to their proto as possible—that’s so disappointing to hear that BHead’s is off the mark.
I managed to secure a PO with GD’s cheap NRD in case I get gun shy from the full price next year, but doubt I’d have personally put down the much scarier $100 deposit OSO is asking. Double fingers crossed that it turns out if you decide to go for one, though 🤞🤞
I just went ahead and put that scary deposit down :D I love Akira and she's looking so much more appealing in these new images that I couldn't resist! The shipping showed as $15, so that's fine by me. Congrats on scoring her at an Asian store for cheaper!

Been speaking with OSO the past few days. They now offer the standard edition that comes with a normal black base for $100 less. Think I'm gonna go with that version. They said both versions come with the updated sculpt.

185410qp6lp7c266cp7ial__86591.1686932967.jpg

185405wtrrmmo21rrzq0nr__93609.1686932967.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of people didn't want the base or added cost. I really don't mind the base because it's designed extremely nicely, but would have ordered standard if it had been available to start with, as I have the Akira bike to pose her with. Strange that OSO are the only store offering this standard version. I have contacted them just in case it's possible to swap to standard. I doubt it though.

*Edit* Actually, looking through the base images now, it's pretty great looking, so will probably tell them to ignore my email about standard.

Last edited:
Back