Should Hayden Christensen entirely replace Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Hayden Christensen entirely replace Sebastian Shaw in Return of the Jedi?

• Hell no, leave the OT alone!

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Yes, it keeps things consistent!

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • I really don’t care one way or another at this point

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
@Darth Snoopy has many sticks ...
Indeed! :lecture

animation-cartoons.gif
:lol

I'd rather they didn't tweak the OT anymore but oddly, I don't think I'd care they did a remake/reboot of the OT. I'd just pretend it didn't exist and not watch it anyway. It couldn't be worse than the rest of the crap Star Wars they've been churning out.

I'd rather they didn't tweak the OT anymore but oddly, I don't think I'd care they did a remake/reboot of the OT. I'd just pretend it didn't exist and not watch it anyway.
Yes, I'd rather they just remake the OT in order to perfectly sync with the changes made by the PT and then retire the current SE's so that the original OT could remain separate and untarnished.

Yes, I'd rather they just remake the OT in order to perfectly sync with the changes made by the PT and then retire the current SE's so that the original OT could remain separate and untarnished.
Or..

Release unaltered 4K or 8K OT then do a massive MASSIVE recut of the SE with new elements!

Go to town!

Well I've got ROTJ 4K83 so sure why not. Hayden already replaced Shaw's ghost in the SE so adding him to the unmasking scene would just keep things at least consistent with the other revisions.
I couldn’t disagree more. Replacing Shaw’s ghost who just stood around was bad enough, but to put Hayden in the unmasked scene is erasing a significant piece of Shaw’s work in his selected career. It’s not his fault that Lucas didn’t think through his casting choices.

I couldn’t disagree more. Replacing Shaw’s ghost who just stood around was bad enough, but to put Hayden in the unmasked scene is erasing a significant piece of Shaw’s work in his selected career. It’s not his fault that Lucas didn’t think through his casting choices.
It would erase nothing. I'll forever have Shaw for the unmasking scene and as a ghost. :dunno

If they only enhanced the duel between Vader and Kenobi for ANH I'd be okay with that.

That’s partly why I was ok with the whole Kenobi series and them meeting again since Mustafar and before the Death Star. The original fight is the weakest lightsaber fight of the saga and there should have been an epic rematch. Kenobi didn’t quite give us that epic remake but it was better than the old Ben buying time fight we get in ANH.

It would erase nothing. I'll forever have Shaw for the unmasking scene and as a ghost. :dunno
Yes, but it’s bigger than your individual collection lol. If 20 years from now the only way someone can see his performance in the OT is in a grainy YouTube clip then that’ll be rather sad.

While we’re talking about ROTJ, most people agree that Harrison Ford mailed in his performance. I think it’s time to replace him in the movie with Alden Ehrenreich. Everyone good with that?

:chase

Yes. Never liked Sebastian Shaw as Anakin. The guy was like 10 years older than Alec Guiness yet we're supposed to believe he's Obi-Wan student?

Well, now Hayden looks ten years older than Ewan. Nature is healing itself.

If they only enhanced the duel between Vader and Kenobi for ANH I'd be okay with that.

See this I don’t agree with. To me that duel comes across very much like Vader is just toying with Obi-Wan. It doesn’t need to be flashy because it’s a personal battle and more a game of cat and mouse. Maybe not the intention of the time but I think it works as an explanation.

From memory, part of the terms and conditions of the sale to Disney was that they don't mess with the OT. So until Lucas dies, I don't think they try anything. Even that stupid addition of Greedo talking in ANH was Lucas's doing before he sold the company.

See this I don’t agree with. To me that duel comes across very much like Vader is just toying with Obi-Wan.
Or that he's being cautious. Obi-Wan beat him in their last fight - an accurate statement whether the Obi-Wan show is canon for you or not. And if the show is canon it means Vader lost twice.

From memory, part of the terms and conditions of the sale to Disney was that they don't mess with the OT. So until Lucas dies, I don't think they try anything. Even that stupid addition of Greedo talking in ANH was Lucas's doing before he sold the company.
George better pray they don’t alter the deal any further :lol

I’d like to see that fan film David Prowse was a part of where they reshot the unmasking scene with him. I don’t think it’s ever been released “because Disney”, despite many other fan films existing just fine.

Back