Mighty Thor 1/4 scale statue by XM Studios

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks good so far!

However, I would have preferred Lady Sif or the Enchantress first before She Thor.

Yeah, I'll give em props for taking a chance on her but I think it's a little for me to drop top dollar on a really new character. Of characters they could do I would love to see an Enchantress, Spiderwoman, Wasp, Valkyrie, Tigra

I like it. I like a lot of XM stuff, but I feel pricing and all that is due to hype. I like these occasional pieces where they can actually be caught at about retail. Everyone keeps telling me I'm crazy asking for near retail prices, but I've always had sellers bite.

If I can score this at retail, I'll be in.

Xm1/4 scale Thor (Jane Foster) .... some work-in-progress on Thor.
We are still tweak her and detailing her ....
Thanks to Caleb Nefzen for the sculp ..... keep up the good job....

12246828_1613167142237312_5336141774278538398_n.jpg

12243351_1613167155570644_4165989948013841588_n.jpg

12238158_1613167175570642_6779741866798209466_o.jpg

12244352_1613167188903974_2599827767354183846_o.jpg

Idk how in the hell Thor can be a girl but the statue and pose look kool also she has amount of details, I like it

Idk how in the hell Thor can be a girl but the statue and pose look kool also she has amount of details, I like it

While I will never pick this up (there's only one Thor in my book and she's not him) I think the pose and details on this piece are better than OG XM Thor. This piece is very dynamic.

Great pose and amazing details.
Unfortunately, the blank expression of her face completely destroys everything else.

The helmet is too big on her. The handle should be a little shorter. And the ice/rock behind her left foot is weird. If she is running as it look like she is, it should be below her feet and not facing vertically like she is leaning on a wall(ice/rock). This is more suitable for a character like Spiderman, where he can be on a wall and leap/lunge forward.

I think this is incredibly good. The details and texturing on the costume is fantastic, the pose is aggressive and I like that she's propelling ahead from that rock, it conveys a great sense of motion. The handle might be too long but I'm no Thor expert and she's supposed to be significatively smaller than male Thor, so not sure. The base is amazing, reminds me of the Diablo Overthrown, it's big and detailed but not invasive.
Most of all, the head sculpts are both impressive under every aspect. They rival Sideshow's recent efforts with Sonja and Phoenix, XM only needs to give it a good realistic paint app on skin tones and hair. Glad both companies are stepping up their game.
Only drawback: couldn't care less about the character.

The helmet is too big on her. The handle should be a little shorter. And the ice/rock behind her left foot is weird. If she is running as it look like she is, it should be below her feet and not facing vertically like she is leaning on a wall(ice/rock). This is more suitable for a character like Spiderman, where he can be on a wall and leap/lunge forward.

Everything he said is right on.

Back