Serenity BDR - Full Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of these. I always wanted to display it but never found a proper spot so it ended up sitting in the box never displayed and just tucked away.
I also never followed any articles on this until just reading this Thread now.
Does anyone know if there was ever an option to get that landing gear and the scaled mule that was shown at SDCC?
I hate to think mine is sort of incomplete if those items were once offered.

There wasn't ever any news about a release for that one. Currently there's a smaller scale version of the TV model that they're making, though it's not really a replica.

No I do not believe that was an option, you just had some options like changing the engine cover configuration, or shuttle configuration, etc.

I have one of these. I always wanted to display it but never found a proper spot so it ended up sitting in the box never displayed and just tucked away.
I also never followed any articles on this until just reading this Thread now.
Does anyone know if there was ever an option to get that landing gear and the scaled mule that was shown at SDCC?
I hate to think mine is sort of incomplete if those items were once offered.

I have the perfect spot for you to display your serenity, send it on over :wink1:

Pinched from 1/6 Mal thread:
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!! and gals...1/6 static kaylee preview!!!

https://www.littleplasticmen.com/e-mag/v1n2/#34

Very interesting.
The BDR was apparently finished due to QMX not liking scale (1:180) and they're working on a 1:125 (misprint in article says 1:25 which must be a misprint unless they're building something the size of a house :) )

. QMx recently shut down product of its Firefly Serenity replica, but fear not Browncoats, there is something new on the horizon. “After an amazing five year run on the Serenity replica, we ended that product line this year,” says Gore. “But, and we have not announced this to anybody, but part of the reason we shut down that edition, it is a weird scale. We’re coming out with a 1:25 version. The cargo bay will be fully built-out. When you look into the windows, you’ll be able to see the galley.”

Full cargo bay (which has to mean opening door) and visible interior through the windows!
I wonder how much this would actually cost ....$5K ?

Considering the cost of their Star Trek ships, I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than 5k

Yeah actually, I believe you are right. Probably more like $7500+ I'm guessing...likely way more than I would ever want to pay for a collectible :D

Well that's pretty interesting news, tho I'm not sure only making 200 from an 1000 ES over 5 years is too much of an amazing run.

Even so, at a larger scale, with that much more detail, likely moving parts, etc it would be super cool. Of course the price is going to be super huge as well. Between base cost, shipping, local GST/Duty, etc I'll be very surprised if it would cost me less then $10K, as such, nothing I'll ever be doing and hence I'm even more glad I have the 'original' BDR.

Back