SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Paypal refund from sc_store9999. It was for a £26 ($36) JoyToy figure - be aware it's not just the more expensive stuff they're scamming. I waited till just short of the 180 day limit - seller didn't appear to send any response.

Thanks to TaliBane for the spot-on assessment of their methods, and for chasing this up with eBay, and to IANR for the info about VAT. It's like a more sophisticated version of the scammers who sell a load of $1 phone cases to build up feedback, then start 'selling' non-existent
i-phones (the type TaliBane referred to as 'pump-and-run' scammers - handy phrase, I'll need to remember that). Buyers are also more trusting of a seller they've successfully bought small items from before. Plus, they use economy international mail, so you're used to a long wait for stuff to arrive.

I agree that it's definitely a scam when you get a message saying "Could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order?" and the listing didn't mention pre-orders. Just demand an immediate refund, they'll back down - they're only interested in buyers they can string along, not ones who'll complain before the end of the buyer protection period and leave negative feedback.

I don't know what the solution to all this is - if eBay would only look at the percentage of their higher value transactions which are complained about they would see a very different picture (except when the scammer strings the buyer along until it's too late to complain, in which case eBay hears nothing). Maybe everything over a certain amount should have to be sent tracked and recorded and, if it's not showing as delivered by a certain date, it's an automatic refund. Although, this wouldn't help with the worthless-item-in-a-tracked-parcel substitution scam - so, yeah, do photograph and keep everything!

I just got scammed from a seller in China. Thought I got a good deal on a Hot Toys R2-D2 deluxe, just got it today...in a small envelope with a miniature figure.

Sellers name is baililongg9. Had around 120-ish good feedback. I was thorough in reading the feedback, price was $100-ish less. Just looked at his feedback now and he racked up 52 bad feedback in the last month. Looks like he decided to cash out. Had multiple listings of R2, so I'm sure I wasn't alone. He set his account to private so I cannot read his feedback currently. I did not know you could do that.

Not sure what steps I need to take now as I used Paypal and they want you to resolve through Ebay. Having them call me soon so I can get this done properly.
That POS scammed me on HT Maul and Sith Speeder , when I first noticed the negative feedbacks I did a chat with ebay and within 5 days got my money back. They shipped me a small envelope with a tiny Narwold figurine . Make sure you save it . They put a sticker over the original tracking number when it hits the states, carefully peel it back to reveal the original tracking number. Ebay is aware of this A$$hat so it shouldn't be too hard to get a refund.

I agree that it's definitely a scam when you get a message saying "Could you please allow me to ask that did you notice the item is a pre-order?" and the listing didn't mention pre-orders. Just demand an immediate refund, they'll back down - they're only interested in buyers they can string along, not ones who'll complain before the end of the buyer protection period and leave negative feedback.
Perfectly put. If people take away a simple rule from this thread, it's:

IF YOU BUY SOMETHING THAT APPEARS IN-STOCK THEN RECEIVE A MESSAGE SAYING IT'S NOT CURRENTLY IN-STOCK (HOWEVER IT'S PHRASED - WILL ARRIVE SOON, A PRE-ORDER, ETC,) YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

Even if they say it'll only be a few weeks, even if they are polite, even if they have tons of recent positive feedback, even if they respond to every message promptly, even if you've bought from them before successfully.

Always remember: it's a violation of eBay policy to list something as in-stock when it's a pre-order (and you can REPORT LISTINGS THAT DO THIS.)
That POS scammed me on HT Maul and Sith Speeder , when I first noticed the negative feedbacks I did a chat with ebay and within 5 days got my money back. They shipped me a small envelope with a tiny Narwold figurine . Make sure you save it . They put a sticker over the original tracking number when it hits the states, carefully peel it back to reveal the original tracking number. Ebay is aware of this A$$hat so it shouldn't be too hard to get a refund.

This is critical point that I forgot to mention. Whether the package goes to U.S., U.K., E.U., Australia etc, they will put a secondary label (from local shipper who has contract with China shipper) over the initial label and it usually HAS A DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBER.

This is critical part of the scam (which these sellers were obviously aware of all along) that they rely on. If you take a pic of that secondary envelope label to send to ebay/paypal, the seller will respond with "look at the tracking number, different package."

You must take a hair dryer and GENTLY peel the second label off without damaging the (cheapo thermal printed) original label. I stuck the secondary label on the other side of the envelope so I'd have both labels if needed.

What did you tell them in the chat? Did you have to go through the returns process as well?
Perfectly put. If people take away a simple rule from this thread, it's:

IF YOU BUY SOMETHING THAT APPEARS IN-STOCK THEN RECEIVE A MESSAGE SAYING IT'S NOT CURRENTLY IN-STOCK (HOWEVER IT'S PHRASED - WILL ARRIVE SOON, A PRE-ORDER, ETC,) YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED.

Even if they say it'll only be a few weeks, even if they are polite, even if they have tons of recent positive feedback, even if they respond to every message promptly, even if you've bought from them before successfully.

Always remember: it's a violation of eBay policy to list something as in-stock when it's a pre-order (and you can REPORT LISTINGS THAT DO THIS.)

This is critical point that I forgot to mention. Whether the package goes to U.S., U.K., E.U., Australia etc, they will put a secondary label (from local shipper who has contract with China shipper) over the initial label and it usually HAS A DIFFERENT TRACKING NUMBER.

This is critical part of the scam (which these sellers were obviously aware of all along) that they rely on. If you take a pic of that secondary envelope label to send to ebay/paypal, the seller will respond with "look at the tracking number, different package."

You must take a hair dryer and GENTLY peel the second label off without damaging the (cheapo thermal printed) original label. I stuck the secondary label on the other side of the envelope so I'd have both labels if needed.
While I did see that annoying put other stickers on top of the other initial label, they did not cover the initial tracking number that is "Orange Connex" with an ES then lots of numbers. Isn't it fine to show both labels if both tracking numbers are clearly shown?

Seller didn't mention that it was a preorder in the listing, and just that it was brand new and sealed in a message to me. Should've known with the lack of photos to be honest.

What did you tell them in the chat? Did you have to go through the returns process as well?

While I did see that annoying put other stickers on top of the other initial label, they did not cover the initial tracking number that is "Orange Connex" with an ES then lots of numbers. Isn't it fine to show both labels if both tracking numbers are clearly shown?

Seller didn't mention that it was a preorder in the listing, and just that it was brand new and sealed in a message to me. Should've known with the lack of photos to be honest.
I told them that I was the victim of a scam and gave them all the info, they don't respond to inquires , the negative feedback, the item you received is not the item you payed for. Also offer pics of what you received.

I told them that I was the victim of a scam and gave them all the info, they don't respond to inquires , the negative feedback, the item you received is not the item you payed for. Also offer pics of what you received.
I've already started the returns process as they told me that was the only option on the phone. I've added photos - message of brand new unopened package, dimensions of box from sideshow listing, packaged recevied w ES#/USPS# w mini and tape measure to show dimension difference and the amount of neg feedback he has received in a month.

Called Paypal and said they can open a dispute, but wait till the Ebay seller decision. If return asked for, send it then with the #, list it in a disput and get that started. Then there is a 20 day dispute period where I can then turn it into a claim. Whew.

Seems like I could just call the credit card company and it would get fixed the fastest.

I've already started the returns process as they told me that was the only option on the phone. I've added photos - message of brand new unopened package, dimensions of box from sideshow listing, packaged recevied w ES#/USPS# w mini and tape measure to show dimension difference and the amount of neg feedback he has received in a month.

Called Paypal and said they can open a dispute, but wait till the Ebay seller decision. If return asked for, send it then with the #, list it in a disput and get that started. Then there is a 20 day dispute period where I can then turn it into a claim. Whew.

Seems like I could just call the credit card company and it would get fixed the fastest.
Did the CC chargeback in my case and I couldn't believe the scammer merchant actually tried to fight it - he sent my CC company a scan of his ebay auction page and also the "delivered" tracking for his little junk envelope (CC company sent me a scanned copy of seller's submission/response.)

Fortunately he didn't do the math - the 18" tall figure body he showed in his own auction page pic couldn't possibly fit in his tiny tracked bubble envelope (visibly marked "stationery" under description:slap:lol,) so they found against him within only a day or two once I'd submitted the pics.

I'm going to stay in touch with this a**hole just to mock him and waste his time.:devil

In some cases, tracking does show that the package now has a different tracking number when it is taken by the destination courier. It might help.

Well I don't let things go very well and I attached all these photos as evidence against this clown in the returns process. I just thought this should be an clear open and shut case and I really didn't want to chance it with him asking for a return. I planned on contacting Ebay again and the chat was available. First person sent me to a resolution person and I calmly gave the clear evidence of this situation and what pictures I attached to prove I was in the right. I think the 56 negative feedback in a couple weeks was the clear indicator this guy was a fraud. She closed the case in my favor and said I will see the funds back in my account in 3-5 banking days. Got a service number for the chat, but I won't be done with this till I see the money back. Odd how I have more luck in chat than over the phone.

Lesson: No big purchases from China again. Had no issues on smaller purchases, but it is the big ones that they want to nail you on as stated previously in this thread.

Another odd situation was as a seller, I make sure my packages show delivered. Sold this guy some SW Miniatures that were delivered in Feb and a couple weeks ago I got a dispute from outside of Ebay saying it wasn't delivered. I was like he is doing this now? Total scam. I provided the screenshot of the item tracking delivered in Feb. I got an email a few days later stating that he won the case, but Ebay buyer protection covered me. I couldn't believe it. I didn't want to let that go either and was quite tempted to message him to tell him he is a scammer and to never buy from me again, but I surprisingly let it go. I remember that guy didn't quite sound right in the messages back and forth about the items.

:slap:dunno

Did the CC chargeback in my case and I couldn't believe the scammer merchant actually tried to fight it - he sent my CC company a scan of his ebay auction page and also the "delivered" tracking for his little junk envelope (CC company sent me a scanned copy of seller's submission/response.)

Fortunately he didn't do the math - the 18" tall figure body he showed in his own auction page pic couldn't possibly fit in his tiny tracked bubble envelope (visibly marked "stationery" under description:slap:lol,) so they found against him within only a day or two once I'd submitted the pics.

I'm going to stay in touch with this a**hole just to mock him and waste his time.:devil
If my scammer didn't take down his ebay store I would do the same,.

Yeah! I received my card! I paid for HT and got a card! Now begins the long journey to claim back my money and hopefully get the scammers' only Ebay account banned.

I received my discount card on Saturday from eBay two-faced seller lwstore2013. I had ordered the Selina Kyle Catwoman figure.
Despite my telling the seller that I did not want a discount card, just my figure, he sent me the card with a long pre-order policy letter which began with "Hello friend."
I have started the return process with eBay and let's see how this scammer will respond. eBay rep said that since I received the wrong item, I would not have to pay for any return shipping.

Last edited:
I received my discount card on Saturday from eBay two-faced seller lwstore2013. I had ordered the Selina Kyle Catwoman figure.
Despite my telling the seller that I did not want a discount card, just my figure, he sent me the card with a long pre-order policy letter which began with "Hello friend."
I have started the return process with eBay and let's see how this scammer will respond. eBay rep said that since I received the wrong item, I would not have to pay for any return shipping.
IMMEDIATELY leave negative feedback mentioning the bogus "VIP discount card". He is already in violation of eBay policy if the item you bought was shown as in-stock but then he said "friend, item will be in stock in 3 weeks"

Remember to take pics that show the tracking number. Sometimes a second label is placed over the original that has a different tracking number.

Be aware - this guy will send that tracking info to ebay, paypal, cc company to "prove" he sent item to you.

And say hi to him for me - he was my scammer!:inlove

IMMEDIATELY leave negative feedback mentioning the bogus "VIP discount card". He is already in violation of eBay policy if the item you bought was shown as in-stock but then he said "friend, item will be in stock in 3 weeks"

Remember to take pics that show the tracking number. Sometimes a second label is placed over the original that has a different tracking number.

Be aware - this guy will send that tracking info to ebay, paypal, cc company to "prove" he sent item to you.

And say hi to him for me - he was my scammer!:inlove
I appreciate the info you have been providing. I sent eBay photos of the envelope showing the tracking number, the letter and the discount card. Seller has not responded directly to the return request I opened with eBay but he sent me a confusing message to my eBay inbox which makes little sense to me. It reads:

"Hello, really sorry​

After you purchase, we will write to you immediately. If you do not agree, we can cancel the order for you as soon as possible. We have seen the dispute you opened and will refund as soon as possible"​

What can seller mean by "After you purchase'? I have already purchased the item.
"If you do not agree, we can cancel the order...." If I don't agree to what?
So confusing the way the seller communicates.
If seller does not formally respond to the return request by Aug. 6 I will escalate the case with eBay and demand a refund.

Last edited:
I appreciate the info you have been providing. I sent eBay photos of the envelope showing the tracking number, the letter and the discount card. Seller has not responded directly to the return request I opened with eBay but he sent me a confusing message that to my eBay inbox which makes little sense to me. It reads:

"Hello, really sorry​

After you purchase, we will write to you immediately. If you do not agree, we can cancel the order for you as soon as possible. We have seen the dispute you opened and will refund as soon as possible"​

What can seller mean by "After you purchase'? I have already purchased the item.
If seller does not formally respond to the return request by Aug. 6 I will escalate the case with eBay and demand a refund.

Don't mind them. Just reply please refund. Keep dispute open. Escalate in any case if they will not issue a refund. I'm actually surprised they did not ask you to close the dispute so they can refund you as soon as possible :D

I appreciate the info you have been providing. I sent eBay photos of the envelope showing the tracking number, the letter and the discount card. Seller has not responded directly to the return request I opened with eBay but he sent me a confusing message to my eBay inbox which makes little sense to me. It reads:

"Hello, really sorry​

Only communicate via the request.

Ignore or reply via the request to any messages he sends to your inbox.

The seller knows full well ebay will only look at messages in the request when making a resolution decision.

Good luck!

"Hello, really sorry​

Hey, I talked with PAYPAL and the rep told me not to do anything the seller asks. My seller asked me to send him my PAYPAL ID so that he can send me a refund, citing they had issues with their official PAYPAL account. PAYPAL rep told me they might try to send me money from another PAYPAL account just so I will close the dispute. The sellers will then dispute their payment from the other PAYPAL account to me and I will eventually lose my money. I asked PAYPAL how is it they are still able to use their PAYPAL account when they have been scamming people for the past few years. She assured me they are looking in detail at this PAYPAL account of theirs. But I remain skeptical. These scammers have been scamming for quite some time without PAYPAL or EBAY doing a single thing to stop them.

Yeah, the message I hope everyone is getting here is that this is a NEW, and SOPHISTICATED type of scam. This is not your standard pump and run eBay scam. These people know the rules very well and they exploit every loophole. They are pros at this. And it WILL happen to you - I was scammed twice in 9 months and I don't buy a huge amount of stuff on eBay.

The key thing is that because they maintain largely reputable high-volume eBay accounts with lots of positive feedback, they are free to scam as much as they want so long as they are good at keeping negative feedback low.

First key point:
Every time you chat with eBay, ASK THEM TO EXTEND THE FEEDBACK PERIOD TO 180 DAYS (currently it is only 60 days) and make it from DATE OF DELIVERY, not date of purchase. This is the way these scammers escape negative feedback - it is not hard (esp as a regular communicator a lot of positive feedback) to string along a buyer for up to 60 days.

If eBay made these two changes, most of these scams would unravel because they would start getting piles of negative feedback. I was suspicious of this guy after about three weeks, but he sweetly and proactively strung me along and I realized the 60 days had passed.

Second key point:
If you buy an item and the guy messages and gives you the "sorry friend, item not in stock for another 3 weeks - can you kindly wait?" Immediately report the listing and seller to eBay. Listing an item as in-stock but it in reality being a PO is a violation of eBay policy. If enough people did this, these scam PO listings would be pulled.

Whether this is a small group of sellers or becoming widespread I don't know - I never had these kinds of issues with eBay in 20+ years, even dealing with China - but from now on don't buy anything from an eBay seller you don't know/trust beyond a dollar amount you are willing to lose. For me that's $50, and there will be no exceptions from now on.

I dunno what to believe , my redStar 1689 has been a Top Rated 99% positive feedback since 2006 but I am now past 180 days dispute period for my Boba Fett figure and he hasn't replied to my last message from 5 days ago.

At some point ebay had delisted and deleted my item from my purchase history so I could not even file a claim or leave feedback but they put it back in for some reason but now I'm past 180 days anyways

I've never been scammed in 20 years using ebay. I even had a seller once refund me a year later because he could not send a parcel due to custom issues.

Even if I do manage to get a refund I've ruined my chances of getting this figure at non-scalper price so I lose either way

Last edited:
Back