SCAM EBAY SELLERS!! Beware of these guys ( red_star2013 and sc store9999 )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Fellow freaks,

I thought I would name and shame these Fraudulent sellers on eBay. I pre ordered The Hot Toys Mandalorian remnant Stormtrooper from an eBay seller known as "red_star2013" and also pre ordered the Hot Toys Madalorian figure from " sc store9999 " Both sellers sent shipping information to me back in January, which was very odd as we all know this is impossible as the figures were never released at that time. I contacted ebay regarding this issue at the time, as I tried to contact both sellers and had no response. eBay managed to contact the sellers who then got back to me to say that the shipping information they sent me was " just an order code " that they give out prior to the figures release. I gave them the benefit of doubt, but now after chasing "red_star2013" for the Hot toys Mandalorian Stormtrooper shipping date, I have had no response and further more because of the purchase date for both the figures, eBay and paypal have washed there hands of both transactions, as they are too old for them to get involved with. So it looks as though I've been scammed for ?400 Gutted as this has never happened to me on a pre order from eBay before. If you check there feedback it looks as though they has done the same to several other buyers. I checked their feedback prior to purchase and they were 100% at the time so I thought I was in safe hands. Please share these seller names on any other collector forums so that these scammers get a bad rep and others don't get caught out like I have. Does anyone know if there are any other avenues I could explore to getting my money back? any advise would be much appreciated :)
If you still have not received the item and used a credit card. I would call your bank and report it as a fraud charge/unauthorized transaction. Ask them to do a chargeback. I once preordered a TFA Han Solo on eBay and while, the item did show up, it looked as if it had been partially eaten by someone. Ebay could not do anything about the the seller not accepting returns because the 30 days eBay allows to cover you had passed. This is where scammers come in, they know very well they wont have the item and wait for the clock to run out. NEVER PRE ORDER on EBAY.

If you still have not received the item and used a credit card. I would call your bank and report it as a fraud charge/unauthorized transaction. Ask them to do a chargeback. I once preordered a TFA Han Solo on eBay and while, the item did show up, it looked as if it had been partially eaten by someone. Ebay could not do anything about the the seller not accepting returns because the 30 days eBay allows to cover you had passed. This is where scammers come in, they know very well they wont have the item and wait for the clock to run out. NEVER PRE ORDER on EBAY.

Chargeback in the event is good advice of course, but the original post is from 2020 so this is all from a while ago (and well past the window to file a chargeback). They did mention they used PayPal and it was already past their dispute window as well.

But it does bear repeating, never preorder on eBay.

Chargeback in the event is good advice of course, but the original post is from 2020 so this is all from a while ago (and well past the window to file a chargeback). They did mention they used PayPal and it was already past their dispute window as well.

But it does bear repeating, never preorder on eBay.
Thanks! I need to visit this thread more often. lol

hi, i checked all their known accounts today many have no hot toys 1/6 but the others have 90 listings some with 10 figures each , so beware.

I have a question for the community. Not really Ebay scams related but close enough so i don't have to open a brand new topic.

Anyone as some experience/knowledge to share about day1collectibles? Legit? reliable?

Last time i checked they changed name.

I also got scammed 2-3 years ago by this seller and red star 2013. I never preorder on ebay ever again. But i know good shops now, that was a rookie mistake
I ran into same preorder scam by sc_store9999 . I was past my paypal 180 day protection but was luckily able to get refund from my credit card. I am glad they are off ebay.

I ran into same preorder scam by sc_store9999 . I was past my paypal 180 day protection but was luckily able to get refund from my credit card. I am glad they are off ebay.
Hi unfortunately they are still active with around 30 accounts that change names so always see if their business details match ones mentioned on this forum . just a month ago i posted '' hi, i checked all their known accounts today many have no hot toys 1/6 but the others have 90 listings some with 10 figures each , so beware.''

So gonna hop in here to find out, does anyone know what account name sc_store9999 is under currently? I found their new one a few months ago and contacted them to ask where my bravo toys hunk is after ordering in 2021 with the same smoke they'd pulled with everyone else. I checked their reviews on ebay, and they had tons of positive with only about 2-3 negative, so I trusted them! I don't expect any chance of getting my money back, but ill still try! I wonder has anyone else here got money back from them after about 2 years?? If so, how did you go about it?

Nope, money is gone and so are they. Unless you pay by credit card there's little you can do. eBay has a narrow window where you could get things cancelled, but, the seller will always find a way to keep you hanging beyond that point.

So gonna hop in here to find out, does anyone know what account name sc_store9999 is under currently? I found their new one a few months ago and contacted them to ask where my bravo toys hunk is after ordering in 2021 with the same smoke they'd pulled with everyone else. I checked their reviews on ebay, and they had tons of positive with only about 2-3 negative, so I trusted them! I don't expect any chance of getting my money back, but ill still try! I wonder has anyone else here got money back from them after about 2 years?? If so, how did you go about it?
hi , any of the account names mentioned in this thread are scstore etc so just use those ( at some point you will likely start seeing a message ''you have reached your daily message limit'' which means they have blocked you ) but theres nothing to stop you reporting as many of their listings as you want i use ''SCAMMER GROUP MEMBER DOES NOT SEND HOT TOYS PRODUCTS'' all the best.

hi this may be of use. if your goods dont get sent by a supplier its the ''date when goods should have been expected '' not order or despatch date so every time they say ''will send in 4 weeks'' thats all adding to your window to claim money back. so my item should have arrived in april (with 120 days to claim) but all their fake promises meant i could claim in november & was refunded today. can be done online or thru post just show copies of emails/letters & prove payment by statement/screenshot, attach explaination & done.

Back