1/6 Scaletta - VHS001 Mr. Robot (Bishop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sculpt is easily the best Lance Henriksen to date, from what I've seen, and believe me I've long been paying attention as a huge fan of the guy. But there was something here that just seemed off, and I couldn't put my finger on it, but it just suddenly hit me. The hair colour should be (dark reddish) brown, not black as it appears in the figure promo pics.

There's a hint of brown in the promo pics, but it is quite subtle. Will see what it looks like in hand. A spot of drybrushing would sort it out. Shame it doesn't come with his torch. Something i will have to scratchbuild.

torch2.jpg

torch1.jpg

The sculpt is easily the best Lance Henriksen to date, from what I've seen, and believe me I've long been paying attention as a huge fan of the guy. But there was something here that just seemed off, and I couldn't put my finger on it, but it just suddenly hit me. The hair colour should be (dark reddish) brown, not black as it appears in the figure promo pics.

I'd like to see these changes made before shelling out the cash.
m.

Safe why? I am not well versed as to the risks you all seem to imply.
Does this have anything to do with the removal of the custom section? If affirmative, why isn't this thread moved over to the newly created custom forum?
m.

Actually even on FB they try to only discuss prices over PM. Just to be safe I guess.

Whats strange is the forum cut ties with SideShow and the customs section did not come back...

My guess is they were threatened with legal action over unlicensed items.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Hey all)

Some of you might remember this guy. First it was planned as a custom project, then collaborative project with another brand. With all production delays and COVID adventures it`s finally released by us with factory.

It`s still a very limited edition run, 50% of sets are already reserved. Both Normal and Damaged version come in 1 box.

Please check the link if interesting. I would be glad to see you all in our list Scaletta 1/6 Scale Bishop figure

Stay safe everyone)

Thanks for the pics, Stryker!

Is it the photos or are the arms on the "battle damaged" Bishop a better match to the hands and head sculpt?

That miss-matching body should never have been allowed to go to production.

I agree. I'll definitely be looking for an upgrade to the full body, even though I shouldn't have to.

By the way, tracker shows it back in Miami and out for delivery!

My order has been shipped. The outfit and shoes (on the full Bishop ;)) look really good and are almost worth the price of admission alone for me. The head does look possibly undersized ... I hope not. The body colour mismatch is pretty poor but will change the body as I don't like the proportions in any case, hopefully the head looks better on slimmer body with smaller hands.

My Bishop(s) arrived today and I'm glad that I picked the figure set up but I'm in agreement with Stryker's review.

I will say that the head sculpts are very good, capturing Lance Henrickson very well and not undersized at all. What gives that undersized impression is my biggest gripe with the full figure - the ancient and oversized body utilized. It is not up to today's standards, at all. Articulation is limited (no shoulder movement, for example) and the hard plastic color doesn't match the well painted head sculpt nor even the 3 pairs of hands. The body is just too wide in the shoulders for the character and possibly just a bit too tall. It is really the only major issue with the figure.
A replacement body is a must, for me. I think once that is done, the figure will look significantly better, all around.

The jumpsuits are great, as are the sneakers. Aside from the knife (made of metal, if not mistaken) and two additional pairs of hands (gripping and fists), that is it, as far as accessories go. I wish that Scaletta had included the flashlight/torch that he used when moving through the pipes, in his journey to the control center, to remote in the second dropship. Another cool accessory could have been a clear container holding a face-hugger.

As for the "battle damaged" half figure, it was initially my main reason for picking up the set, as I really just wanted that piece but now I'm glad that the full figure is also included. If you have the Power Loader with Ripley, the BD Bishop looks super-cool beside it. I liked that the head sculpt has a different expression from the full figure and they didn't go with the easy route by just reusing the same sculpt. My only nit to pick is that the milky white weathering affect was not added to the face and neck areas. Not a big deal but it would have been more screen accurate. I did notice that the BD Bishop is missing his wristwatch. Not sure if a second watch is not included in the release or if I'm just missing it.

For anyone on the fence, I can definitely recommend the set, even with the body issue. It certainly is a great addition to one's "Aliens" collection, for sure!

I do need to create more display space for these figures and move some of those Star Wars pieces to another area...

Bishop 1.jpg

Bishop 2.jpg

Bishop 3.jpg

The eyes seem on the big side.
Sculpt gives me a Trey Gowdy vibe(…but also Lance of course)

Back