1/6 Scaletta - VHS001 Mr. Robot (Bishop)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting the pics FlyAndFight! He looks good to me, from those pics. Can't wait for mine to arrive now. :D
I was thinking I would probably need to upgrade the body, anyway.

This was my attempt at battle damaged Bishop, from way back in 2009, using a modified Sideshow head...
View attachment 547827
Fantastic job, Lt. Dan!

I love the use of the white fluid as a base for the figure.

Yours looks great and no need for this other figure's version unless you wanted the full Bishop figure.

Fantastic job, Lt. Dan!

I love the use of the white fluid as a base for the figure.

Yours looks great and no need for this other figure's version unless you wanted the full Bishop figure.
Thanks FlyAndFight! The white fluid was a mix of acrylic and water effects. I ordered the new figure, as I also wanted a complete/standing version. :D

My Mr Robot figure arrived yesterday and I am really pleased with it. I think the sculpts look good and they don't look undersized to me. In daylight, the arm colour doesn't appear to clash with the head colour. The jumpsuit, boots and knife are all well made. :D

Mr_Robot_1.jpg

As I wasn't using the damaged Bishop, I converted some spare Ripley bits and used the other head, to make another full Bishop:

Mr_Robot_2.jpg

Great photos, Pizza.

Anyone on the fence should have a very good idea on how this figure(s) looks.

I'm definitely glad I have him both in my collection. As I mentioned before, I'll look into replacing the full figure's body to something a little bit less buff.

The body is a bit of a disappointment, especially since the arms don't match the hands or head sculpt -- It almost looks like he's wearing some sort of tan long-sleeved undergarment. The torn torso is pretty cool.

View attachment 547432
View attachment 547433
View attachment 547434

I got this guy few days back. Below my 2c:

1) Outfit great, we are lucky Scaletta did this (thanks buddy!), BUT jumpsuit is too big and tall wrt head, which might possibly negate any improvement by changing to a slimmer+shorter body. It looks bad in some pics, good in others, so heavy futzing, better body proportions + adding a fatsuit to better fill the jumpsuit, and water treatment to make it less puffy, might help (a lot). Too thick neck might be worsening the issue. Better body proportions w/ smaller neck+hands might help (a lot).

2) Colour matching problem does exist. It is fixable with proper body (hard to find a match though, proposals very welcome). Good that they painted the heads in the actor's light skin tone.

3) Heads: not HT, but not bad either. I kind of prefer the BD expression, which made me understand why no milk on it: so that we can use it for any purpose. Downsise: BD Bishop not fully realised.

4) BD Bishop: milk effect poorly executed. Acceptable on clothing, bad on forearms and hands, unexisting on head. Asking for a repaint that shouldn't be needed. Decision has to be made as to what head to sacrifice. Missing watch---->Tsok. More dramatic. Is it not accurate? Can't remember.... I do wish they had included the little milk pond flowing from Bishop's guts, like first advertised.

5) Missing extras: knife is cool but yeap, I concur we need the flashlight, several cryocontainers, maybe also the computer terminal + joystick he used to remote the dropship.

6) Why don't we collectibly ask Scaletta to make an accessory set? If everything goes down well, we could even go on with Newt, Burke, Gorman, and even Ripley. It is clear now that nobody will ever do them.

7) Questions: anyone has knife with 2 gray dots on the handguard, only on one side? Is that accurate? Anyone got cracks in the forearms? See pics attached. Worried they might worsen.

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20211204_173526.jpg
    IMG_20211204_173526.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20211204_173411.jpg
    IMG_20211204_173411.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 22
Great photos, Pizza.

Anyone on the fence should have a very good idea on how this figure(s) looks.

I'm definitely glad I have him both in my collection. As I mentioned before, I'll look into replacing the full figure's body to something a little bit less buff.
Let us see your results!

…Will these guys be producing anymore characters from Aliens? We sorely need a Ripley, Newt and some marines. I’d be so up for these - Aliens is one if not my favourite movie.

I’d also really characters from Alien and Alien 3 too!

Or even a synthetics line! First Bishop, then perhaps Ash, maybe a Call (maybe not 🥱) and then a David 👍🏻

Great work on this Bishop👌🏻

Very unlikely in the near future, I would think.

…Will these guys be producing anymore characters from Aliens? We sorely need a Ripley, Newt and some marines. I’d be so up for these - Aliens is one if not my favourite movie.

I’d also really characters from Alien and Alien 3 too!

Or even a synthetics line! First Bishop, then perhaps Ash, maybe a Call (maybe not 🥱) and then a David 👍🏻

Great work on this Bishop👌🏻

Back