Saturn Toys 1/6 '66 Batman and Robin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So this company is advertising this but using hot toys figures in their ad? AND THATS OK? LOL
This is nothing new. They aren’t the first to do this and they won’t be the last company to either. It’s “ok” in the sense that, at this point, most collectors know not to expect an exact HT copy when they get theirs, especially in paint

With that said, it’s been around 10years since HT released theirs and it could end up being a nice surprise if the costume(s) is made out of better spandex material than what HT used back then as I understand the HT one was prone to snagging as well as the bat chest emblem falling off

For the price I'm not worried. It works out about £190 in my currency. To get the Hot Toys figures on eBay would cost me over £800.

Not expecting HT quality but they'll be more than serviceable and look great on the shelf.

If HT do reissue theirs or Jazzinc make even better figures that's fine. I'll have an extra set of cheap figures for spares and alternate looks.

For the price I'm not worried. It works out about £190 in my currency. To get the Hot Toys figures on eBay would cost me over £800.

Not expecting HT quality but they'll be more than serviceable and look great on the shelf.

If HT do reissue theirs or Jazzinc make even better figures that's fine. I'll have an extra set of cheap figures for spares and alternate looks.

The price was too tempting, and I just ordered them from Kit.

Will be interesting to compare them to the Hot Toys. I also wondered whether the spare HT faceplates would fit, but it's unlikely since recasts are normally a little smaller.

If the Batman and Robin bases match those of the villains I'll swap them over with the HT. Don't know what I'll do with the Saturn figures, but it's nice to have options.

Maybe have them in some cliff hanger predicament!

15081285030_8c99ded778_c.jpg

Why do you guys think Hot Toys will reissue these?

I doubt they will. They didn't sell well, and HT aleady has more on their plate than they can deal with in the time they set themselves.

Plus Mars/Saturn is already eating into the potential market.

I bought the set for $266 when they weren't selling. Now look at the aftermarket price, I never understood how this hobby works after all these years? Some stuff sits forever and then once it's not available, it becomes a hot commodity. I bought a Sideshow Taun Taun & Bespin Luke DX07 from BBTS long after they were released , and they had them in stock for quite some time.

I bought the set for $266 when they weren't selling. Now look at the aftermarket price, I never understood how this hobby works after all these years? Some stuff sits forever and then once it's not available, it becomes a hot commodity. I bought a Sideshow Taun Taun & Bespin Luke DX07 from BBTS long after they were released , and they had them in stock for quite some time.

Aftermarket prices are high because there's likely relatively few for sale, so demand is high. But if HT made a new production run at the quantity required to make it worthwhile, they would probably find themselves in the same situation again.

This is a very niche theme, especially at HT prices. They'd rather be making and selling the flavour of the month figures which have movies or series out now.

My thinking is that they sit because the demand was low (obviously). They eventually are bought by those who really wanted them in their collection. Those people rarely sell. It's happened to me a couple of times. I waited too long to purchase.

I've missed the boat on a few figures by waiting too long or sold off figures which I regretted later on. My biggest regret is the Sideshow TaunTaun, I sold it thinking I could buy it back some day, now it's so scarce and extremely expensive. I have hopes that Hot Toys might make their own at some point, I didn't think they ever would, but seeing that they made the Blurgg , gives me some hope.

So this company is advertising this but using hot toys figures in their ad? AND THATS OK? LOL
Some people on Facebook commented that Robin at least looks different, something about the body skin tone visible is different than HT's release. So who knows.

Some people on Facebook commented that Robin at least looks different, something about the body skin tone visible is different than HT's release. So who knows.
Just cant believe the price for the pair .Are we gettin ripped off that badly by these other companys lol

Yeah ... I broke down and pre-ordered the set. Just hoping they look anything like the pics.

I hope that Penguin figure they teased is a little way off for now.

Back