Salacious Crumb Prop Replica – Regal Robot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V8Falcon

Super Freak
Reaction score
This could be cool. Especially for those who missed the original version.

5.png

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

CanineAfraidCassowary-max-1mb.gif

I get replicas and everything, but... I cannot imagine a scenario where anyone would drop 4 thousand dollars on... that. I just don't. Even collecting all the HT Iron Men makes more sense to me. If you have that cash you're obviously rich enough to buy whatever, so at this point if you want it you can easily get it, but... 4 thousand? I don't know, I don't understand the market for these things. I get the 9K 1:1 Vader, it's the ultimate SW/DV collectible next to getting the actual props from the movies, but... the ugly rat thing from Jabba's Palace?

Regal Robot is stuff is very high priced, some might say overpriced. But they have a customer base and they are sticklers for accuracy. Their Rancor for example was like two and a half times the cost of the significantly larger Sideshow statue which is great in it's own right. Salacious here is cool but I won't be paying 4k for a life size of him.

Completely agree with all the above posts, that price is insane. I will stick with the original Sideshow version. And Tony McVey was involved in the sculpting of that one.

The Regal Robot will be very cool and more accurate, but not $4000 more cool. The 4K price tag is close to hilarious and absurd IMO

salacious.jpg

Yea I literally jumped out of my chair when I saw this and said I was going to buy it. I was thinking maybe 2K. But 4K is ridiculous. Heck there life size Chewbacca torso is only 4.5K I think and its 4 times the size. Such a shame as I really wanted this.

Screw it, I've made up my mind and am all in on this. Anyone with me? Salacious was always my favorite creature going back to when I was a kid. There are a couple videos up on YouTube already from the guys that commissioned it and it looks incredible. Plus, I already own the rancor and have the chess set on order so I guess why not at this point lol. I don't like the high cost either but the price is the price and they will continue to sell out regardless with these small run sizes. For me, these are actually pieces I can see myself still owning 30-40 years from now, so if I need to sell other parts of my collection in order to help fund them then I am fine with that.

I would very much love to add this piece to my collection. However, I really want their Chewbacca bust! I’m hoping a piece of property sells soon, so I can get Chewie. But, if they announce they’re ending it’s run soon (please don’t! :pray:… yet), then I’ll be forced to jump on it now - should that happen. &, if I were to jump on the Salacious Crump PO, that’s when they’d announce the end Chewie, & I’d be completely screwed.
They’re also working on a Gaffi Stick, from ANH, & I really want that one too.

I would very much love to add this piece to my collection. However, I really want their Chewbacca bust! I’m hoping a piece of property sells soon, so I can get Chewie. But, if they announce they’re ending it’s run soon (please don’t! :pray:… yet), then I’ll be forced to jump on it now - should that happen. &, if I were to jump on the Salacious Crump PO, that’s when they’d announce the end Chewie, & I’d be completely screwed.
They’re also working on a Gaffi Stick, from ANH, & I really want that one too.
I’ve thought about just emailing them about Chewie to see if they plan on doing those into next year at least since I’ve been eyeing that as well, but like you it doesn’t seem as urgent up to this point. I don’t think I will pick up the gaffi stick unless the price is great (and we should all know that it probably won’t be lol). I am however interested in the bronze Tarkin bust that has apparently been in the works for a while though.

I’ve thought about just emailing them about Chewie to see if they plan on doing those into next year at least since I’ve been eyeing that as well, but like you it doesn’t seem as urgent up to this point. I don’t think I will pick up the gaffi stick unless the price is great (and we should all know that it probably won’t be lol). I am however interested in the bronze Tarkin bust that has apparently been in the works for a while though.
I would def buy that Chewie, but they don't ship to Australia, and because they are made to order, I can't find a reseller who could ship it too me.

Anyone else pick one up? 3 hours in and already less than 15 left. 12-month payment plan makes it much more palatable so thank god for that.

Back