1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KGHOBBY now has the throne at £184 if you pay in full for the 3% discount

Shipping by airmail is £121/$147, which brings the total to £306/$371.

Opting the slow boat from China is £60/$73 with an estimate of 40-60 days. Though if the reality is anything like Planet Action Figures' group, that could be doubled to 80-120 days.

KGH is less than Kit's $449, but with KGH you'd have to pay in full now to lock in that shipping because by the time it comes to delivery that price could rise. There's been quite a few complaints on their Facebook about high shipping charges.

Opting the slow boat from China is £60/$73 with an estimate of 40-60 days. Though if the reality is anything like Planet Action Figures' group, that could be doubled to 80-120 days.

KGH is less than Kit's $449, but with KGH you'd have to pay in full now to lock in that shipping because by the time it comes to delivery that price could rise. There's been quite a few complaints on their Facebook about high shipping charges.
Standard shipping for a figure is £40 now- which has doubled since pre-pandemic prices- and that’s for small parcel sized boxes. Anything bigger and it’s £55-£60-£70+ for the likes of Deluxe Boba 2pack, Supes & Knightmare Batman, ASM2 Lizard, Sideshow Grievous etc.

It’s just insultingly high but I don’t see any incentive for companies to ever bring it back down to appropriate levels again. Why would they when we have no other options but to pay them whatever they ask for?

Based on the info you provided I personally would go with Kit

Based on the info you provided I personally would go with Kit
Because you’d rather spend $78 more in total by placing a $149 deposit with Kit now, then paying the additional $300 when the balance is due than just spending $371 right now?..

Which is also preferable to paying $297 with slow boat shipping to save $152 overbuying from Kit?

Be good to know why Kit’s best price is so much more expensive than KG.

Because you’d rather spend $78 more in total by placing a $149 deposit with Kit now, then paying the additional $300 when the balance is due than just spending $371 right now?..

Which is also preferable to paying $297 with slow boat shipping to save $152 overbuying from Kit?

Be good to know why Kit’s best price is so much more expensive than KG.
Yeah I would.
I realize not everyone feels the same way, but I would rather pay a bit more for the flexibility and certainty. I have never had any issues ordering from Kit, Sideshow, nor Timewalker, so I continue to use them. I think their prices are fair and my experiences with all three have always been positive (I have ordered about 35 of my figures from them).

I’m just not sure in this case of the price is really the FINAL price in this case with KHG.

KGHobby has been known to struggle honoring their shipping price if prices go up at the time the item is released. During the height of the pandemic they asked for an additional 200 usd to ship Gametoys Cloud and Hardy Daytona or wait until prices improved. Prices eventually did improve, but that was about 5-6 months after release. If prices never improved.... well.... who knows where you'd be in that situation.

shero_toys

Iron Monarch is coming soon !!!​

S-Hero Iron Monarch 1.jpg

S-Hero Iron Monarch 6.jpg

S-Hero Iron Monarch 4.jpg

S-Hero Iron Monarch 2.jpg
S-Hero Iron Monarch 3.jpg

shero_toys
Looks very similar to the armor on the Doom Monarch but for some reason this Iron Monarch seems bulkier/more robust. Maybe I’m wrong in this. Either way I like it, and don’t see any difference from Hot Toys making dozens of Iron Man and Iron Man related figures, so I don’t have a problem with this. At least it is based on an actual comic, so why not?

Last edited:
Back