1/6 S-HERO - SH001 Doom Monarch (Doctor Doom)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine arrived after spending three weeks in customs, which seemed a longer stretch than the year since the pre-order!

So I will say that I knew what to expect from the figure right out of the box on account of having followed this thread, so I wasn't too bothered by It's dwarflike stature, because I was convinced that a bodyswap or the joint extension method used by Skullknight would work well. I opted to use an old sideshow freddy body that I had lying around from which I had pulled the head off, which Is quite slim and lanky and I managed to swap It without too much bother. I'm pleased to report that I think It looks amazing. The figure now has presence and stature, and as can be seen in this case, almost goes toe to toe with a predator for size.

I'll add that one of the kneepads was detached from his knee right out of the box, so I went ahead and pulled the other one off, and along with the cape clasps which I swapped for bronze tacks, and having dispensed with the fur, I think I'm finding a better balance between the ornate and the more spartan comic look.

I still have a few things to do, I haven't even attached the ankles yet because the pegs are incompatible, but overall this figure can really work providing a few tweaks are made.

Attachments

• 20240121_160324.jpg
    20240121_160324.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_160257.jpg
    20240121_160257.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240121_160243.jpg
    20240121_160243.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Well mine arrived after spending three weeks in customs, which seemed a longer stretch than the year since the pre-order!

So I will say that I knew what to expect from the figure right out of the box on account of having followed this thread, so I wasn't too bothered by It's dwarflike stature, because I was convinced that a bodyswap or the joint extension method used by Skullknight would work well. I opted to use an old sideshow freddy body that I had lying around from which I had pulled the head off, which Is quite slim and lanky and I managed to swap It without too much bother. I'm pleased to report that I think It looks amazing. The figure now has presence and stature, and as can be seen in this case, almost goes toe to toe with a predator for size.

I'll add that one of the kneepads was detached from his knee right out of the box, so I went ahead and pulled the other one off, and along with the cape clasps which I swapped for bronze tacks, and having dispensed with the fur, I think I'm finding a better balance between the ornate and the more spartan comic look.

I still have a few things to do, I haven't even attached the ankles yet because the pegs are incompatible, but overall this figure can really work providing a few tweaks are made.
Looks great! Nice work.

Looks cool!

I also like the sword you added, I want to get one like that for my Baron Zemo figure
Thanks i like adding abit of my own lore to the character like He don't need the sword but he keep it as a trophy from the previous tyrant who ordered his murder death and carry it as a reminder.
Yes it a must for Zemo he just his blade.

Back