S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cowboy Bebop Spike is already on deep discount on amazon japan just weeks after release. Not a good sign. I think that means are chances of getting Vicious and the rest are way more than a long shot.

Biggest problem is the guy simply can't stand on those pipe cleaner legs. It's starting to get HOT and HUMID in Japan this week...all over the country this guy is gonna be shelf diving, and that's gonna make collectors made when they come home and see him on the floor. Even mine, that I physically screwed into a figure stand was buckling at the knees when I got home today.

Bummer. I really wanted Vicious to go with him.

Yeah, I already put mine back in the box due to the legs. might give him the floor polish treatment later but for now he is shelved.

It was about 95 degrees here in Japan today.

Came home and he was doing the full "Smooth Criminal" pose cause I had fixed his feet to the stand, but his entire body just drooped forward at the ankles.

Wonder if the Lupin figures all suck like this....those long thing legs are a terrible design choice.

I guess Vicious was far enough along to actually get released. I'm surprised, honestly. Even though Spike is pretty awful cause of his stick legs, I'm sure I'll still get Vicious cause I'm a sucker.

item_0000012999_HNvwCqqb_06.jpg

I like his face here...check out his side eyes:

item_0000012999_HNvwCqqb_09.jpg

None that I'm aware of. They showed that variant Spike quite a while back, but no idea if it's ever going to see production.

Vicious is out tomorrow in Japan.....

Faye Valentine prototype shown at Tokyo Toy Fair.

No idea if the Real Folk Blues Spike will ever see the light of day.

Here are some comparisons between the Play Arts Kai Vicious and the brand new SHF Vicious.

Unlike Spike, I think PAK really nailed Vicious in all aspects; sculpt, paint, articulation, accessories. Its only drawback was the larger size and no interchangeable faces. The bird is great and attaches securely. He has a great range of motion too, and his sculpting is very anime accurate and not as stylized as Spike in the PAK line.

Well a few years later, Bandai has responded with the more compact version but it loses very little in the transition. The faceplates are one of the main draws and give him the perfect psychotic look. The smaller faces have a LOT more personality and are more anime accurate. Same accessories with the sword and sheath and various hands to hold them. Oh, and a knife to toss at Spike with the PAK didn't have.

One step down from the PAK is the flimsy plastic piece that holds the bird on his shoulder on the SHF. It's FRAGILE as hell. Not only that, the bird kind of "floats" about his shoulder and doesn't rest on his shoulder.

Articulation looks good, and so far he can stand on his own and he's not a shelf diver like SHF Spike...but I'll still have this guy attached to a stand (not including) for my peace of mind.

All in all, I prefer the SHF versions cause Spike, despite his flaws looks so much more on model, and it's great to have the pair in perfect scale, especially with Faye potentially on the way.

More Bebop SHF please!!

And in the meantime, I still recommend the PAK Vicious....he's a cool figure in his own right and blows the PAK Spike outta the water!!

20191128_002612.jpg
20191128_002643.jpg
20191128_002704.jpg

Hey Bebop fans.....

Remember back in 2005 or so when they released little trading figures of the main cast from the show?

I had 'em all....I especially loved Vicious cause it was my first version of him in any kind of figure form. Unfortunately, the design had a serious top heavy flaw and the little support beam broke.

vicious.jpg

I eventually replaced it, but that left me with a base that couldn't be used cause the peg was broken.

Well, i dug it out of storage the other day, and drilled a hole in it to hold a current Bandai support arm. So now my Vicious has a custom Red Dragon Syndicate base to stand on. If you have one of these laying around in storage like I did, give it a shot; I think it looks really cool!

20200110_234853.jpg

I didn't realize the price on Spike had gone up.

Vicious is still only 3000 yen on amazon japan. That's more than half off.

I think both of them sold terribly....Vicious sold terribly for sure. I think it killed any chances of ever seeing Faye released.

I didn't realize the price on Spike had gone up.

Vicious is still only 3000 yen on amazon japan. That's more than half off.

I think both of them sold terribly....Vicious sold terribly for sure. I think it killed any chances of ever seeing Faye released.
With the Netflix trailer, it got me intrigued and I binged watched the anime. Man I love the series. Had no idea what the story was about. I found Spike from a France online shop for just under $80 shipped after PayPal conversion, the next day they increased the price. As for Vicious, found one for $41 shipped. Now the waiting game.

Back