Runnen's Customs [Update 09/07/17 : Galactic Marine, Senate Guard, Holiday Special

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Runnen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone! After years of admiring all the beautiful work people do here and building up motivation and faith to get started, I've finally stepped into the world of customizing stuff and this thread will be dedicated to sharing the results with the community.

I've always been a fan of Star Wars since I was 5 years old (I'm going on 35) and I've grown to also love japanese culture and especially the feudal japan / samurai era, and when I grew to realize that those Kurosawa movies had been one of the major inspirations behind Star Wars, it just clicked for me and it was natural for me to collect and love the Movie Realization Star Wars line when it showed up, being based on two things I deeply enjoy.

I've collected all the figures so far in this line, which includes Darth Vader, Stormtrooper, Sandtrooper Sergeant, Sandtrooper Corporal (SDCC exclusive), Boba Fett, Stormtrooper Banner Bearer and the Royal Guard, with more figures coming soon, but I found myself really itching to have more of these amazing figures and decided to create my own.

My latest work finished today was Dengar, I've always loved those bounty hunters.

0gLhEan.jpg

86Yd7RC.jpg

xjDzMeo.jpg

The base for this figure was :

8xvLL8i.jpg

I used Ronin Boba Fett for the lower body (legs, shinguards, feet), the wristguards and pauldrons. The upper body (torso, arms) are from the Stormtrooper Flag Bearer / Drummer. I removed the drum to use the flat chestguard and modified it. The drum and drumsticks will be used in a different custom down the line. The head is from a 7" Kill Bill figure, and the hood/bandana is made from Swiffer sweeper cloth, threaded with bendy metal wire to give it shape like it is flowing in the wind, and painted grey along with the rest of the clothes under the armor. The armor was painted chocolate brown and glossed with warplock bronze from Games Workshop paint. The backpack is made from the cover of a Tic Tac container, with added tidbits here and there, and the rolled-up sleeping blanket is from sweeper cloth as well. The backpack can open to put stuff inside, if needed.

I hope this will be a good place to share my customs, I have more already done to share, such as a figure of Zuckuss seen above next to Dengar, which was made from a modified Movie Realization Spiderman figure.

I'll soon add more pictures of my other creations which include an Emperor's Shadow Guard, a Death Trooper, and Captain Phasma.

My next project at the moment is an AT-AT Driver with a very particular take on the AT-AT, but saying more would spoil it.

I currently have 9 other custom concepts in the works, awaiting delivery of materials and figures to start working on them, and will keep this thread updated as I get more work done!

Please give me your opinion, it can only help me improve!

Re: Runnen's Customs

Awesome! You nailed the style mash-up.

Thanks a lot! I've seen your customs gallery several times and compliments coming from someone like you that makes these amazing creations is really meaningful. :) I'll make sure to post more pictures soon!

Here's a few glances at my 99% finished AT-AT and AT-AT Driver custom, still based on the awesome Movie Realization samurai line.

4viUOAX.jpg

The horse is a repainted and modified Planet of the Apes horse figure, added snow to the base, cut off the frontal horn on the faceplate and added the ornaments, but still missing the red braided cloth I'd like to add to represent the AT-AT visor (hence 99% done). The trooper is a mix of Boba Fett and Drummer because it was leftover parts from my Dengar custom seen above. The breathing tubes and apparatus are braided rubber and a mix of other figure parts and even some LEGO thrown in, modified and painted over.

I hope you all like it!

Hi everyone!

Here's a few pictures of my latest customs, still in the Movie Realization samurai line, hope you like them!

Senate Guard from the prequels. A simple recolor of the Royal Guard, but also sculpted the twin ridges on the helmet, resculpted the faceplate visor, and the hair crests are done with paintbrush hairs that I dipped for a few days in black polish, then glued into place.

Img_3596.jpg

The Galactic Marine, one of my favorite prequel designs, sadly very underrated as it was barely glimpsed in Episode III. A Stormtrooper reworked, mostly a paintjob, but also added the veil (it's a painted babywipe) and modified the gun.

Img_3595.jpg

My latest creation, Holiday Special Boba Fett. A simple repaint on a Boba Fett, but a modified Stormtrooper handgun and a banner from the Drummer modified heavily to make him the bannerman of the Mandalorian Ronins.

Img_3594.jpg

An ensemble view of my collection so far. Customs on this display are Death Trooper, Shadow Guard, Captain Phasma, Dengar, Zuckuss, AT-AT and AT-AT Driver, Galactic Marine, Senate Guard and Holiday Special Boba Fett. The rest are official figures.

Img_35972.jpg

Please comment if you like them. :)

Back