Statue Royal Guard Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jesus, 500!! wow. I'm assuming this is 1/4 scale but damn that's a lot for nothing but a cape and head sculpt. I love the RG and HT did a great job but 500 is too much. I will definitely wait for a review in-hand. Plus, where's an ROTJ emperor PF to go with this? I have yet to get a PF SW piece from SS as I haven't liked the poses they do especially on the stormtroopers.

Jesus, 500!! wow. I'm assuming this is 1/4 scale but damn that's a lot for nothing but a cape and head sculpt. I love the RG and HT did a great job but 500 is too much. I will definitely wait for a review in-hand. Plus, where's an ROTJ emperor PF to go with this? I have yet to get a PF SW piece from SS as I haven't liked the poses they do especially on the stormtroopers.

There is the Emperor on throne Premium Format statue, but I definitely prefer the HT version there too.

A new PF will be coming soon i think, lately when not really much pre order the RG PF. But im sure its a plan from Sideshow to will be made a new Emperor otherwise this PF will be flopped

6zDejnJ.jpg

When was the stream?

Those raised sides on the base were an unnecessary and stupid decision.
I prefer fully sculpted so when you use mixed media use it to its full advantage, don't leave it to crumple up on an overdesigned base.

One of the great things about the Hot Toys Royal Guard figure was the material used in the robe, excellent draping.

The Commander Cody PF is probably the best trooper pose they did.

Their new Stormtrooper one is pretty decent but suffers from small armor syndrome. They dropped the ball on the Snowtrooper, original Clone Trooper and Sandtrooper PFs.

The Royal Guard by HT is a very good figure with an reasonable price, no extra items, but no need for it. Material is top notch and well tailored. Got 2 of course, beside Palpatine.

Sideshow makes plain stupid decisions, goes cheap, cheap and cheap at a high price. Their Star Wars PF`s are sitting in their warehouse for a long time. They need to wake up and realise they must pull their sh#t together, or just end up as an distributor for other companies.

I haven`t bought a Sideshow item since early 2018, there was a chance this statue would break it, but....

It looks alright to me, but it also looks like a $200 figure at most. I'm not sure Sideshow could have done much to avoid that mind. Maybe reduce the price as much as possible (A lot less than it is) Or offer two very slightly different versions and slap a super low ES on both in order to really target the mega fans who probably would buy a pair. I'm sure their will be people who are happy this was made, but I do think this charter is much better suited to the mythos line just due to it's simplistic looking nature.

I definitely think Sideshow would've been better served to come out with a $350 price point on this piece and entice people to buy two. At $350, they still should make a decent profit and would likely sell many more units than they will at the $500 price point. This is one statue that I suspect a fair amount of people just don't want only one of and if that's the only financial option, may pass altogether...

I really dislike the two bumps on the side of the base. The base should have been flat in order to let the fabric flow. Now you're gonna have it bunched up on both sides. Just a horrible design choice. I personally think that the MYC 1/4 scale version is superior to Sideshow on this one. The fabric is great:

https://www.mycsculptures.com/imperial-royal-guard

RG1.JPG

RG2.JPG

I definitely think Sideshow would've been better served to come out with a $350 price point on this piece and entice people to buy two. At $350, they still should make a decent profit and would likely sell many more units than they will at the $500 price point. This is one statue that I suspect a fair amount of people just don't want only one of and if that's the only financial option, may pass altogether...

Yea excellent point, they should've done a deal for 2, I reckon $399 is a fair price. I can see us picking this up on sale in a years time.

I have nearly every sideshow Star Wars premium format bar the new Han, Luke and Chewbacca. I would have jumped on this and bought 2 but not a $500. I will wait until this is in a sale cause I can't see many paying $500 for this. Also the base just doesn't make any sense, just a simple flat base would have been ideal, but they have obviously tried to make a feature of it to make the price more worth while. Sorry but they failed.

$500 is the new baseline for a simple PF. You will never see something for less than that (MSRP) from now on, unless it is a small character like yoda.

I like it and will get one down the road...for less $ of course.

I just fell off my chair, popcultcha has this for $999 retail over here. :mad:
We are now double the US price.....
Umm no thanks.

I just fell off my chair, popcultcha has this for $999 retail over here. :mad:
We are now double the US price.....
Umm no thanks.

Man that is insane! I'm so glad I paid in full for my ecto 1 and 1/3 Myers months ago. I'll not be buying much until the dollar recovers....

Back