Rope Bridge TOD Indy 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hemble

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All

When I did the 3-3/4" rope bridge dio I wanted to make a 12 inch Rope bridge dio just with Indy and after a finally completing a few other Indy diorama's decided to give it ago. I picked myself up another Sideshow Indy and got straight into making the dio and was more then happy with the end result.

I used Vallejo and GW paints on the figure and diorama and then used pastels to weather the diorama and Indy figure. I have to thank MFisher for putting me onto the pastels. These are without adoubt the best things to use when weathering models, scenery etc.

RECIPE

1: Indiana Jones - Everything is from The Sideshow Toys Indy figure except the right arm which is from another figure and the shoes which are from Hasbro's 12 inch Indiana Jones figure. I removed the right sleeve and the small bead like buttons and replaced them using buttons from a Dragon WW2 American shirt.

2: Base - The cliff face I picked up from the local pet shop it's a foam back drop used in fish tanks, Once I got it home I cut out the desired length and height and used balsa wood as a frame and also for strength. Once the frame work was done I then used plaster of paris to cover the existing foam detailing to get the sand stone effect.

The rope bridge is a combination of balsa wood which was used for the blanks and a mixture of different sizes of rope which I got from the local hardware shop. The arrows were made using plasti rod and paper and once all the parts were connected and glued inplace I used Vallejo, GW paints and Pastels to paint and weather the entire diorama.

rb1.jpg

rb2.jpg

rb3.jpg

rb4.jpg

rb5.jpg

rb6.jpg

Last edited:
Incredible as usual, Indy looks great and so does the bridge and the arrows are a nice touch.

Looks great! That second angle makes it look like the arrow's going through Indy's hat (and I always thought Ford looked like Steve Martin)!

Very nice! Not meant as a knock on your quality, but you even captured the set-piece look of the original cliff wall, which I guess might have been intentionally done for the movie to give it the feel of a low-budget, Saturday matinee serial! With that said, a very clean and impeccable execution!

Another great job!... I'd love for you to post pictures of your displays in sequence as they're being put together from beginning to end-- It'd be neat to see all of the pieces come together.

I have always wondered if you have considered doing forced perespective pieces, mixing elements of 3" 3/4 with 12" to create a cool scene. I could totally see Mola Ram falling to his death at the bottom of the rope bridge display. :)

Hi All

Hi guys thanks for all the feedback and comments I very much appreciate them.

Venky - I have thought about doing forced perespective pieces but can never decide on what to do.

DarthNeil - I do on occassion do tutorials for my work I did on for the TLC dio I did a while back you can see that at my website in the tutorial section.

superado - I went of pics from the raider.net so it is pretty much based on the set designs I just added a little more red to it.

Ron

DarthNeil - I do on occassion do tutorials for my work I did on for the TLC dio I did a while back you can see that at my website in the tutorial section.

Great. I'll check that out in more detail. You really bring these collectibles to life.

Hi All

Cocoboloboy wrote
That looks excellent, hemble! I love it! The bridge slats look especially nice.

Cheers buddy, the slats were the hardest part as I went on a whim with the thickness and length.

DarthNeil wrote
Great. I'll check that out in more detail. You really bring these collectibles to life.

Again thanks for the kind words mate and hope you enjoy the tutorial section.

King Darkness wrote
Very nice work

Looks badass!

Thanks mate glad you liked it.

Ron

Back