RoboCop 2 Cain Tippet studio Chronicle Legacy Series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to tell. Not the head for sure. Arms and maybe the legs will be sligtly poseable.

I just recently found myself able to actual afford this and went looking for information. The pre-order page on their site is woefully lacking and misleading. They say nothing about it being a statue and nothing about what materials it's made of. I assume it's an entirely static statue which sucks as I find the pose rather awkward, especially with the clamped down head. I may be wrong but I have yet to see anyone move anything on it.

No, you've got it right. It's pretty much a statue with no moving parts. Mostly resin-like material. It's made straight from the puppet though, and it is proper 1/6 scale, so I ordered one. Phil himself picked the pose. I'm going to see how easy it will be to mod the hell out of it when I get it.

My main problem is he looks off balance due to the head being clamped down. Unless you're going for off balanced it's a good general rule that you can angle the hips and shoulders at any angle but you need to keep the eye line parallel to the ground. This isn't 100% true but for me it's pretty important for a fairly neutral standing pose like they have him in.

For example, the right looks so so much better to me.

cain-and-cain.png

My main problem is he looks off balance due to the head being clamped down. Unless you're going for off balanced it's a good general rule that you can angle the hips and shoulders at any angle but you need to keep the eye line parallel to the ground. This isn't 100% true but for me it's pretty important for a fairly neutral standing pose like they have him in.

For example, the right looks so so much better to me.

cain-and-cain.png

I don't know how the sales numbers have turned out, but I would have bought one for sure if it came with the craned neck option at least.
Many of the scenes starting with the press conference had Cain's head up on swivel. i think the most iconic poses were during the dual and rampage scenes. Your Photoshop definitely creates a far more dynamic pose, than the static waddle. It is too bad, that it wasn't done that way. Too too bad.

Yeah I'd be seriously considering it if it looked like my mockup. As it is there's no way I'll spend that kind of money on it.

Yeah I'd be seriously considering it if it looked like my mockup. As it is there's no way I'll spend that kind of money on it.

I think it looks fine as it is. Its kinda like he's in mid stride.

Last edited:
I didn't change anything about the stride. I just changed his head. He looks all wrong to me because his head is clamped down in the storage mode. When active in the film his head never looks like that. It also totally throws off the balance.

It's like they cheeped out on doing all the pieces required for the neck and that's not cool for something that costs that kind of money and is just a 16" statue.

edit: okay I'm not entirely right, there are scenes in the film where he's in motion and his head is held down with those little clamps but most of the time he's looking around to give him a more expressive quality.

I don't think they cheaped out on anything. It was Phil Tippets choice for the pose for the statue. If he felt an elongated neck was a necessary part of the design he would have choosen it. Seeing as he is the master of puppet design and motion I trust his choice for the design.

For me it's simple. It looks wrong to me. I don't care who made the choice. ::shrug::

I was told they will be receiving and shipping the next wave mid October.

As for the discussion about the head, I completely agree that having the ability to raise it or even having a static raised head would have added so much more to the piece. I would really like to know why this wasn't done.

Have any in-hand photos or videos of this shown up yet? Curious as to how it came out.

Back