RoboCop 2 Cain Moderoid plastic model coming from Good Smile

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
FJDvbFkaUAUvoeu.jpg

Looks like it'll be articulated, has a swap out "monitor" head. Plastic model kit like ED 209, though, so it's gotta be assembled and painted.

Scale is unknown but it might be close enough to fudge with a MAFEX or NECA or Hagane....

Also, not related to this, but I forget where the thread is....there are pics up on toayark of the physical prototype of the Hiya Toys Cain, and it looks really nice.

Unfortunately, it's a $50 3 3/4 inch scale figure, which is absolutely useless for my collection. But between that showing up and this on the horizon, maybe some other company will make a proper 1/12 or 1/6 scale figure now? Seems the floodgates are finally opening!

Yeah, the Hiya does look like it's gonna turn out nice but it's just too damn small to be of any use to me.

They just showed off an Otomo figure from Robo 3 as well.

I guess I'd get one if it was in 1/12 scale, but honestly that movie sucks so bad I wouldn't waste money on a toy of that character.

Besides, I've still got my lazy custom if I really wanted to have one fighting MAFEX Robo.

IMG-0702.JPG

If they release Cain I am in.

Cant get enough Robos. In the pics the Neca Ed209, BD HT Robo and Murphy and the chair are missing

IMG-20220201-WA0009.jpg

The ED209 kit they made was approx 1/12 scale, and the same company just advertised a 1/12 Aliens Power Loader....so fingers crossed!

God I'd even take a model kit of that at 1/6 scale. It's a shame no company attempted him. Even more of a shame that Threezero just straight up abandoned theirs.

I wonder if any company has the license for Robocop at 1/6 now or if it's just free floating around.

You can always go the 3D printed route. I printed a 1/6 one off not long after I got my first 3D printer, but haven't taken the time to finish the parts, paint, assemble, etc.

You can always go the 3D printed route. I printed a 1/6 one off not long after I got my first 3D printer, but haven't taken the time to finish the parts, paint, assemble, etc.
Where'd you get a good file for him if you don't mind me asking? Def might be something I look into once I get into 3D printing down the road.

Goodsmile showed off a painted version, but don't get your hopes up. This is still a plastic model kit with very limited colors. Unless you're realllly handy with an airbrush, it's never gonna look like this.

Smile-Fest-2022-Reveals-019.jpg

Shame though...would really go great with the MAFEX RoboCops and NECA's ED-209.

give me 1/6 cowards

I've got an FDM printer but I've got my sights on a resin printer in the future which would be better for that robocain project, so maybe a year or two down the road ill start that one

I don't know if we'll ever get a legit 1/6 Cain.

With that said, there's a seller on Etsy selling a 1/6 model kit for $384 and a 1/3 model kit for $750.

Screenshot_20220810-200222_Etsy.jpg

20220810_200455.jpg

Am I correct in thinking this is bigger than the Cain figure they just released or the same mould?

Last edited:
Actually, having looked into it further, this appears to be a new, larger Cain which is great! Even if the moulded details appear somewhat soft, as the ED-209 model was, I see great potential in this for super detailing. Looking forward to it.

Oh man. I want this thing. Even for a model kit, I think it looks pretty damn good in bare plastic, and even with a little detailing will look great.

I grabbed some pics off twitter from Japanese collectors that built it already.

None of these guys posed it with a freaking RoboCop figure!! They all posed it with their goofy anime figures. Man...what a bunch of weirdos.

Closest we get is a shot with Mafex Terminator.

Fq1-qMwaEAAwNlm.jpg

Scale looks good. Really, really good. This would look absolutely amazing with the Mafex RoboCop 2 figure.......that I don't have. ****!

Fqx2E2caEAAh48g.jpg

I think with just the stickers provided (notice the face options for Cain's primitive CGI face) it would look really damn good.

Fq-4Di2aAAMkxLN.jpg

FrGzAaRaQAI3q_6.jpg

Of course I'd prefer a fully finished toy from either Medicom or NECA or anyone, but that will probably never happen, seeing as how it's 2023 and it never happened yet. Not only that, a Medicom version would run well over $300....this might be the best option for a 1/12 scale RoboCain.

Back