robbiethepainter's "August 11th Rad BMX bike..." stuff

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: robbiethepainter's project thread.

Awesome work Robbie, you really are very talented! I'm doing the same bat suit mod and the pants look terrible on mine when I pull them over the jumpsuit, would it look as close fitting as it does in your pics once I've glued it down? ..because it looks terrible the way it is now! it looks like he has a diaper on.

Sorry mate. I never got back to you.

Batman pants. The gluing helps definitely. One thing that I also did was not cut out the inner thigh and crotch rubber.(Let the jokes fly)
This kept them tight through the legs. The only area I have glued right now is the waist. Knees and stuff are still just floating.

Just some testing with black fabric to get a sense of how the body will work for the armor.
2012-06-11_13-43-09_917.jpg

This is gonna be an awesome thread to follow! Can't wait to see plenty more updates.

The immortal looks great so far Robbie. :rock

Full of win, this thread is.

Follow it closely I will.

that immortal is amazing, if you do make a few put my name on the list of buyers! It is too awesome to not get.

Thanks. The plastic I used is too thick. Have to buy something smaller.

Also need to find smaller line to tie together.

Like many others, I thought I would start a thread to show my work.
I'm starting it with my current project. Hope you enjoy.
ImmortalHead004.jpg

ImmortalHead003.jpg

head.jpg

foot.jpg

Outstanding work ! I'll be watching this with interest. What type of clay is that you are using ? It holds details quite well. :)

Thanks. Its Sculpy Firm. Never have used it till now, but I really like it. I know a lot of people have been using it for some time now.

I may be wrong but it almost feels like it sort of dries out. Which is really cool. Straight out of the package its pretty tough but still has some flex and can easily be built up. The after it sits out for several days it seems to stiffen up and feel more waxy and can crumble. The cool part about the next state is the details are easy to put in and hold.

Thanks. :) I'm glad that you made the decision to use it , it certainly looks like you've been using it forever ! I love to see work like this !

Funny thing is, I haven't sculpted like this in 10-12 years. Since I got into this hobby 3-4 years ago I have been doing heavy mods but nothing like this. My sculpting skills have gotten better working in other areas like model building without me even knowing it. This far exceeds anything I did 10 years ago.

Thanks. Its Sculpy Firm. Never have used it till now, but I really like it. I know a lot of people have been using it for some time now.

I may be wrong but it almost feels like it sort of dries out. Which is really cool. Straight out of the package its pretty tough but still has some flex and can easily be built up. The after it sits out for several days it seems to stiffen up and feel more waxy and can crumble. The cool part about the next state is the details are easy to put in and hold.

:lecture:exactly:

Back