Rob Zombie's The Munsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, exactly like Jumanji.

I think they could play with the roles. I'd make The Rock, the movie star. He would make a good captain too, but I'd make him the movie star because he's an actual movie star. The cast would also require two hot women. The question is who can play Gilligan? I could see Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pratt in this film too, but not as Gilligan.

You are going for really big names for something as dismiss-able as Gilligan's Island.

But OK, I'll play... let's go really big. Let's pretend everyone wants to make this and see it.

Gilligan - Timothy Chalamet
Skipper - Russell Crowe
Ginger - Jessica Chastain
Mary Ann - Natalie Portman
Professor - Robert Downey Jr
Millionaire - Christopher Walken
And his wife - Julianna Moore

And what a terrible movie it would be... :lol

Or you could go full Judd Apatow cliche casting choices...

Gilligan - Jay Baruchel
Skipper - Seth Rogen
Ginger - Emma Stone
Mary Ann - Rose Byrne
Professor - Paul Rudd
Millionaire - Steve Carell
And his wife - Apatow's wife, Leslie Mann

Last edited:
Or you could go full Judd Apatow cliche casting choices...

Gilligan - Jay Baruchel
Skipper - Seth Rogen
Ginger - Emma Stone
Mary Ann - Rose Byrne
Professor - Paul Rudd
Millionaire - Steve Carell
And his wife - Apatow's wife, Leslie Mann

Wow, great casting.

That's perfect. I mean, it would be awful, but it's frighteningly accurate and totally possible. At least, it would have been a few years ago. It's a small miracle it didn't happen, actually. It's almost too perfect.

I would like to take a moment to hate on this wig, acquired for $9.99 at Rob's local Spirit Halloween. This wig is so bad. Its an embarrassment.

Attachments

• dET8adQ.jpg
    dET8adQ.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
good lord, i know The Munsters was cheesy and not all that good, but man....what a **** trailer. Just enough of that Zombie flair too. Yikes. I may have to get drunk and watch for free one night.

Well, the old theme music still holds up, yet everything they added "new" looks like absolute ****!

Last edited:
A buddy of mine was able to get a streaming copy of this. . . . . movie. I like Zombie's The Devil's Rejects and Lords of Salem so figured I'd give it a watch. It

I haven't watched Munsters since the 80's but of course love the custom cars in it and the design of the Munsters.

Not really sure who this movie was made for. It doesn't have the filth that Zombie is known for and is rated PG. About 1/3 into I had to turn it off. It was just boring and none of the humor was funny. It was colorful had silly stuff like the show, and the dude playing Grandpa nails that part. I don't see any kids liking this at all. I'll try and finish it tonight and see if it gets better.

I kinda with Zombie gave us a Trailer Trash Munsters instead. I would've made it more interesting.

I would like to take a moment to hate on this wig, acquired for $9.99 at Rob's local Spirit Halloween. This wig is so bad. Its an embarrassment.
Just wait until you see her acting, you'll soon forget about the bad wig. She's so bad she'd make Amber Heard look like Meryl Streep.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" directed by ROB ZOMBIE. Imagine that.

HAL would be using four-letter words and Discovery One would have a sexbot room with a disco globe in it.
With ideas like that you could be a writer on the Book of Boba Fett.

No way. I have failed to include a baby or child or cute teenagers of some kind in the plot.

I bet even Rob could not have ****ed up BoBF as badly as the people who made it did.

Back