Rob Zombie's The Munsters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
CsYnXnS.jpg
JpA4IWb.jpg
dET8adQ.jpg
akMQxsO.jpg

I wonder how he’s gonna play this one. I actually enjoy his movies, I know what I’m getting going into them heh, but I can definitely see why people don’t like them. I think I’m the only person in the world who liked 31.

I'm not a fan of Zombie's films, but I know from his Stern interviews that he is a very serious fan of the original show. As such, he may at least try to do it justice in terms of tone/approach.

I wonder how he’s gonna play this one. I actually enjoy his movies, I know what I’m getting going into them heh, but I can definitely see why people don’t like them. I think I’m the only person in the world who liked 31.
Can't say I've seen many of his films. Halloween and The Devil's Rejects. Can't say I have any desire to watch any of his other work.

I’m starting to wonder about any merchandise that may come from this.

The Munsters saying the f-word five times in each sentence: cant wait.

If only Sheri could act her way out of a paper bag! That'd be something. Something that unfortunately is not possible.

Can't say I've seen many of his films. Halloween and The Devil's Rejects. Can't say I have any desire to watch any of his other work.

Devil's Rejects only makes sense if you've seen House of 1000 Corpses, which is admittedly one of Zombie's better works. Its definitely a film you will remember.

31 was okay, if you can get past the f-word five times per sentence. People did NOT talk like that in 1978, I dont care what Rob says. Maybe in California they did.... 31 is memorable if only for the absolutely ****ing TERRIFYING performance Richard Brake gave us in it. Yes. See it just for Doomhead, a genuinely frightening and disturbing villain.

The Munsters saying the f-word five times in each sentence: cant wait.

If only Sheri could act her way out of a paper bag! That'd be something. Something that unfortunately is not possible.
It’s rated PG so no cursing. Wish I could say you were wrong about Sheri. ☹️

Last year I found every episode of The Munsters and binged the lot. Then I did the same with The Addams Family.

Afterwards I tried to watch the 1990s movie versions of The Addams Family, but couldn't get through them.

There's a charm to the originals of both series, and the latter didn't translate as a more modern reboot for me. I didn't even like the pilot version of The Munsters which was filmed in colour, but Zombie has already addressed that aspect.

Therefore, this isn't a movie I've particularly looked forward to, but will probably check it out due to curiosity.

I wonder how many times Sheri Zombie will do that stupid fake giggle thing she does in this.

I can't think of a rehash by a filmmaker I would want to see less.

Maybe Gilligan's Island by Joel Schumacher I would want to see less.
Gilligan's Island? That's brilliant for a reboot starring the Rock or something. Imagine, a group of strangers on an island with creatures and all kinds of adventure crap. The film ends with the group getting stranded again. I'm surprised they haven't made a movie out of it yet.

Gilligan's Island? That's brilliant for a reboot starring the Rock or something. Imagine, a group of strangers on an island with creatures and all kinds of adventure crap. The film ends with the group getting stranded again. I'm surprised they haven't made a movie out of it yet.

Basically Jumanji?

Basically Jumanji?

Yeah, exactly like Jumanji.

I think they could play with the roles. I'd make The Rock, the movie star. He would make a good captain too, but I'd make him the movie star because he's an actual movie star. The cast would also require two hot women. The question is who can play Gilligan? I could see Chris Hemsworth or Chris Pratt in this film too, but not as Gilligan.

Back