RIP The Sandbox 2007-2021

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilof76

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don’t know what happens now, but I know what happened then. It’s been a long time coming, but now she’s gone. To those who kept her going, you’re the ****. To those who used her up in the end and left her for dead, you’re ****. To those who never knew her, my condolences. She was a forum for the ages and the North remembers.

:rip

(Edit: oops. No language filter. :lol)

People age, they find new interests, stop collecting or jettison their collections ... it's the way of things. I'm sure a combination of changing demographics and a changing entertainment landscape plus manufacturer responses to same ... are driving the extinction of life on this forum.

But perhaps after this extinction event there'll be a new inflorescence and adaptive radiation event. Nothing we'll recognize or even value ... but nerds find a way.

Collecting is way too mainstream now with everything having a super high edition size. Nothing is really rare and worth its price tag anymore.

Collecting is way too mainstream now with everything having a super high edition size. Nothing is really rare and worth its price tag anymore.
I wish that applied to alternative movie posters - would be good every now and then for them to not be sold out within a minute of going live. :gah:

Enjoyed coming here to read and engage in the banter about figures, movies and life really. Still come back to remember what it was like in the past, good memories for sure. Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.

Enjoyed coming here to read and engage in the banter about figures, movies and life really. Still come back to remember what it was like in the past, good memories for sure. Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
You just reminded me of something. In my younger years I was part of and witnessed the peak and passing of a couple of 'scenes' -- usually centered around music. I remember being at a party where a younger friend looked around with satisfaction, loving the social life we'd all built together. I told him "Remember this, because it's not going to last and won't come around again."

I must have been close to 30 then? I didn't know at the time how very right I would be. Things come together and fall apart, endlessly.

You just reminded me of something. In my younger years I was part of and witnessed the peak and passing of a couple of 'scenes' -- usually centered around music. I remember being at a party where a younger friend looked around with satisfaction, loving the social life we'd all built together. I told him "Remember this, because it's not going to last and won't come around again."

I must have been close to 30 then? I didn't know at the time how very right I would be. Things come together and fall apart, endlessly.
You summed that up perfectly. I've noticed it more and more as I've got older - always thinking back to past times. It's a constant cycle though and life just zooms by. :chase

Ah yes "scenes". It's amazing how we were all brainwashed by MTV. People my age often say "music is dead" and my reply is "nah it just isn't being fed to you anymore, creating scenes" - music is everywhere and better than ever you just have to find it for yourself. Only top 40 pop survives the old method.

This board had a lot of bad "cliques" when I first joined and was something I avoided because I was 38 years old. Happy to see those days buried honestly.

Ah yes "scenes". It's amazing how we were all brainwashed by MTV. People my age often say "music is dead" and my reply is "nah it just isn't being fed to you anymore, creating scenes" - music is everywhere and better than ever you just have to find it for yourself. Only top 40 pop survives the old method.

This board had a lot of bad "cliques" when I first joined and was something I avoided because I was 38 years old. Happy to see those days buried honestly.
--

EVERY discussion board/forum/group have "cliques" bad, good, and worse.

You're correct that when the board was known as Sideshow Freaks, there were very bad cliques.

The current incarnation of the board still have cliques, but not necessarily as bad as they were from good old bad days . . . or was it the bad old good days?

Many cliques members either left, moved onto to different groups, or mellowed out and are lurking or whatever.

^Yeah not going to name names but the bad cliques have been gone for awhile. The board has been more accepting of new member for years now. Back when I joined if you pissed off certain members - the posse would come and get you.

I know a lot of good people who have left this place over the years.

I've also seen not so friendly members move on too.

This place used to be buzzing with members back in the day. With more active members there was always going to be friendships and more arguments/ disagreements. The place is a lot more mellow now.

Most of the private commissions I’ve been in have produced better prints than Mondo has in years
I've looked at this however I wouldn't know how to go about it. I spoke to an artist recently and he gave me a quote. He said that I should start a Facebook group or something to find people who want one to help fund it.

Any recommendations?

I've also seen not so friendly members move on too.

LOL good riddance. The phenomenon of Internet Courage never fails to amaze me. Small people whom almost to a one, would never dare to speak to someone face to face the way they do in petty and venomous little snippets of text, veiled by pseudo-anonymity and distance.

Back