Ridley Scott's Raised By Wolves - HBO Max

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidewinder

Super Freak
Reaction score
I can't be the only one watching this series?

Just finished the season finale. Really enjoyed all of the 10 episodes. Can't wait for season 2, which has already been commissioned.

Anyone else get into this show?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Without really investigating too far, it sounds like Alien meets Blade Runner. Also Scott is just attached rather than conceiving it.
Alien meets BSG (the reboot) or Alien meets new ST Picard sentient androids. [emoji1787] But it is still good because of all those mysteries

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Alien meets BSG (the reboot) or Alien meets new ST Picard sentient androids. [emoji1787] But it is still good because of all those mysteries

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
Definitely had that BSG reboot vibe at times and I love that show. The androids are very reminiscent of those in the Alien world. I know there's been discussion about whether it could be some connection to the Alien series down the line, but I don't think so.

It's an intriguing show and as you say, lots of mysteries.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just started watching this series, and really loving it. I know Scott has fallen out of favor, but I loved Prometheus and, while not as good, Covenant. I'm into all that ancient aliens/forbidden arch/anth stuff, so it's right up my alley. I'm also a fan of how Scott portrays tech like androids.

I'm interested to see if there turn out to be any connections to Alien/BR.

Have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how good this series is. I was watching several episodes the past weekend, and I loved how the aesthetics were so reminiscent of Ridley Scott's previous works.

I've watched both seasons and enjoyed it. Hopefully there will be a season three.

Have to say, I'm pleasantly surprised at how good this series is. I was watching several episodes the past weekend, and I loved how the aesthetics were so reminiscent of Ridley Scott's previous works.
Absolutely. I just finished up S2 yesterday, and I am totally in love with the series. I enjoyed the characters and their evolutions, I enjoyed the music, the atmosphere, the incredible visuals. As you said, the design elements and characteristics of things were very reminiscent of his other worlds, and those loosely related to or influenced by them - Alien, BR, Prometheus, etc.

Loved it, I hope there is a third season.

Back