Rick Grimes 1/6 - show your customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I 've been looking to replace my Rick's hs with something better.

Ι have the redman version and I was waiting for figure club to release theirs:

10_c24eba12-f245-41f1-bd89-a8652968bd77_1024x1024@2x.jpg

I have their Daryll hs and its fine.

The figure club Rick hs has been on preorder for too long, so probably it's been cancelled.

I know the dam toys is the better one but only after hair implementation

which probably costs a fortune, can't afford that.

Any advice what hs to get?

I have yet to see a sculpt that was really good....

Which is why I have not bothered to make a Rick yet...

Real shame since every other character has pretty decent likenesses out there....

Andy Lincoln maybe the next Harrison Ford ...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

View attachment 445967

The figure club Rick hs has been on preorder for too long, so probably it's been cancelled.

I HIGHLY doubt that head is going to be released.

For a time, that was one of the better offerings available. This of course was before several talented artists started repainting and hairing the DAM! sculpt.

View attachment 445967

I HIGHLY doubt that head is going to be released.

KGHobby has the figure club Rick hs finally IN stock!
Just ordered one and if it's near the proto pics I will order another one.

56614203_840543979633217_7182814096926046553_n.jpg

54513979_801573976889358_2093394919479366504_n.jpg

56899773_347288162579308_6711346178695932077_n.jpg

54513928_186002452381588_7027003452152086684_n.jpg

Not really feeling it guys, it looks like they just tweaked the threezero sculpt. Anyway like Tiger said, KGHobby has it in stock.

Paint is better than stock 3Z. I'm curious why he's got that aggressive scar under his right eye.

I also think it's better than 3Z, but the hs needs some serious futzing/styling with all this hair.
For collectors who can't afford custom prices, I think it's the best solution.
I will probably need to cut the back of his hair, I don't remember Rick having so long back hair.
When I receive it I will post some photos.

While I’m here, I might as well show off my pride and joy (since I somehow didn’t already). But yeah, Rick was the one character where I decided to “do it right”. I wasn’t happy with any of the official/lower end pieces out there so I bit several bullets and made the Rick Grimes that I wanted on my shelf.
a2bd346427d9d2dfaf92692c3af213ed.jpg

fd807a3c2d686f036c3a39fa5482ef35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I’m here, I might as well show off my pride and joy (since I somehow didn’t already). But yeah, Rick was the one character where I decided to “do it right”. I wasn’t happy with any of the official/lower end pieces out there so I bit several bullets and made the Rick Grimes that I wanted on my shelf.
a2bd346427d9d2dfaf92692c3af213ed.jpg

fd807a3c2d686f036c3a39fa5482ef35.jpg

He looks great! I'm stuck with the threezero Rick, more because of the trouble I went to get him than anything, but with what happened with the show and TWD brand as whole I just don't feel the burning need to get a proper custom.

I got the figure club hs some days ago.
The face is almost as good as the proto, but the hair is a mess.
At the back I had to cut some hair on one side, as it was longer than the rest.
The proto's hair are futzed properly, mine looks a bit like an afro look Rick lol.

Here it is beside the redman hs:

1.jpg

And some other photos:

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

I wanted to order another same hs for a different look Rick, but not anymore I am a bit disappointed.

I would give the proto an 8 from 10 likeness, what I received is a 7, it requires serious futzing to look good.

Late to the party, but I have a couple Damtoys Male01 and want to kitbash my own Ricks! So are the Redman clothing sets the go to for these? I am thinking of picking up a couple!

I have this headsculpt and I think I'll finally complete the figure
15577523_443510276036817_73040100_n.jpg

But I need your help, I don't know what clothing and body should I take, I was thinking about Threezero full figure (it has the amazing red machete) and just replace the headsculpt, but watching some reviews, it looks really "cheap looking".
I want to go with this season 5 look:
walking-dead-season-5-image-andrew-lincoln.jpg

I would really appreciate some help on this!

As far as I know, there?s maybe four of that jacket. There?s two from Redman, the Threezero one, and the Yunsil/Toribox outfit. I?ve had all but the first Redman version and I hate to say it but honestly the Redman and Threezero versions just did not do it for me. Ultimately I went with the Yunsil outfit but at this point it?s pretty pricey and probably hard to get.
If you had to pick one, definitely go with the Threezero. I don?t know if it?s worth the $200+ it?s going for on eBay, but if you replace the body it?s definitely serviceable.

As far as I know, there?s maybe four of that jacket. There?s two from Redman, the Threezero one, and the Yunsil/Toribox outfit. I?ve had all but the first Redman version and I hate to say it but honestly the Redman and Threezero versions just did not do it for me. Ultimately I went with the Yunsil outfit but at this point it?s pretty pricey and probably hard to get.
If you had to pick one, definitely go with the Threezero. I don?t know if it?s worth the $200+ it?s going for on eBay, but if you replace the body it?s definitely serviceable.

Really? I was sure that Redman was the one to go. Good to know that it's bad
Yunsil would be too expensive for me, but there are some Threezero for $165 here on Brazil and maybe after I take new pants for him
What is the body to use with threezero?

Back