Resin 3D printed Sauron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sankari

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just sharing my recent 92 hour print of a (almost) 1/6 Sauron

It was printed in black resin in an anycubic mono SE.

Took almost 500ML of resin, had great fun assemblying and painting.

It was made for personal use, for my own collection, and not for sale.

The cloak is fabric , the Mace and left hand were adapted.

I still have his diorama/base left to do, but for now , I think he's done :)

Hand painted.
j0EsQKF.jpg

9jYbpsk.jpg

67CMX5d.jpg

wNQ5t9h.jpg

WhVfVhW.jpg

bXXGG87.jpg

WK2otq3.jpg

tFHViXg.jpg

wIBZKF6.jpg

sp4QzbL.jpg

GybHo4V.jpg

what an amazing idea! This makes me want to invest in a 3D printer and do the same!!

super envious! I think a lot of us are hoping/waiting for the day that Sauron graces our shelves in physical form :rotfl

Very cool!

3D printing is already making a HUGE difference in our hobby. If something isn't available, the 3D files most likely are.

I've got a 3D printed "Blurrg" from "The Mandalorian" that I need to assemble and paint. Who knows if it will ever be made available by Hot Toys or some other company. I know that I have it and for a fraction of the cost.

Beautiful figure! Great job! Jealous as hell.

Thanks mate, it was a lovely 3d file and awesome to put together.

what an amazing idea! This makes me want to invest in a 3D printer and do the same!!

super envious! I think a lot of us are hoping/waiting for the day that Sauron graces our shelves in physical form :rotfl

SLA printers nowadays are so affordable, just need a little bit of work for the dangers of resin printing

Very cool project and as others have said, I'm super jealous as well haha. Great job.

Thanks !

Very cool!

3D printing is already making a HUGE difference in our hobby. If something isn't available, the 3D files most likely are.

I've got a 3D printed "Blurrg" from "The Mandalorian" that I need to assemble and paint. Who knows if it will ever be made available by Hot Toys or some other company. I know that I have it and for a fraction of the cost.

Hope to see your blurrg as well. I 3d printed some parts for mando and other hot toys figures.

would you be willing to share the 3d file for own use?

I wish I could

Awesome! Been considering jumping into the 3D printing arena as well.

How did you print the joints to work?

Hi, I guess I could have done it in 2 ways - cutting the armor and assembling it on a modified body ( but he is out of scale , so it would have been time consuming) or printing the limbs in different positions and then just switching them . I chose to print him and pin all the parts then glue with epoxy, so he is a statue. In the future I could modify the stl files and think of other options.

Holy cow! That is awesome. Fantastic job.

Thanks !

Awesome! Been considering jumping into the 3D printing arena as well.

It's been fun, takes a lot of patience and reading to catch up :)

Back