Resident Evil | Netflix live action series | 14th July 2022

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t know why it’s so hard to just adapt the story of the games into a movie or series. It seemed like Welcome to Raccoon City might get it right but then that wound up being mostly not good.
:goodpost:

I had some time to waste and watched this, deeply regret it and wish I got my time back. :rotfl

Atrocious writting, mediocre acting, unlikeable characters, aimless plot and ****** soundtrack, it honestly felt like a bunch of Twitter teen fanfic writers grouped up and went "Hey what about we write our own zombie story for a modern audience?" and then approached Netflix with this and they decided to attach the Resident Evil name to it, because aside from a few monster scenes it doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all, and those were the only good scenes in this, well I liked Lance Reddick too but why make him Wesker when the actual Wesker is only shown for a short scene? It's shocking that they left so many open threads, including a hook for video game fans by having Ada Wong teased for a second season but do they really think the video game fans liked having their time wasted on something that clearly isn't Resident Evil? Moronic.

So there you have it, if you're a Resident Evil fan and think this will be interesting because it uses the lore of the games as canon then spare yourself and just go play the games again, if you're looking for some zombie fun to waste some time please go watch the other countless zombie movies out there that are much better than this.

So basically another milla RE situation but worse? Idk why Hollywood or whomever is in charge find it hard to make a damn resident evil adaptation. Monsters in a haunted house. Boom. Monsters in a city boom. You don’t need anything else. RE is the most basic concept ever. It doesn’t need extra padding or clones or whatever this is.

O man… how could this have happened. It had so much potential and stuck so close to the source material. Jeez. I thought we going to get 30 seasons. Aw shucks.

When are these clowns going to realise we want a Resident Evil film/series that actually adapts the games, and the games characters. Not the awful Paul W Anderson flicks, and not this Netflix trash. I want to see Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Barry Burton, Albert Wesley, Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield in the actual story from the game. Why is that so bloody hard for these Hollywood morons?

I had some time to waste and watched this, deeply regret it and wish I got my time back. :rotfl

Atrocious writting, mediocre acting, unlikeable characters, aimless plot and ****** soundtrack, it honestly felt like a bunch of Twitter teen fanfic writers grouped up and went "Hey what about we write our own zombie story for a modern audience?" and then approached Netflix with this and they decided to attach the Resident Evil name to it, because aside from a few monster scenes it doesn't feel like Resident Evil at all,

What's kind of hilarious is the production team could have gotten 20 interns to surf through RE fanfiction online, find the 10 best small stories, then offer the writers like 5 thousand dollars each in RE swag ( sweatshirts, action figure, statues, games, etc) for the rights to use those stories. That's like 50 thousand bucks, which is basically nothing in terms of TV production costs. And if they used those instead, it still would have been 50 thousand times better than what ended up on screen for this show.

Imagine if you were some random person, wrote some RE stories for fun online, then magically you get a call and someone wants to make your stuff into a TV episode and send you thousands of dollars in cool stuff for the rights/release.

Then you got a bunch of animators who actually loved playing RE themselves and just did an animated anthology type series.

When you spend countless millions to be worse than fan fiction, then what does that say?

And even if you can't cobble the story together, just fill it with non stop violence and sex. If you give fans maybe three major battles and two over the top sex scenes per episode, then who cares about the plot anymore. If you can't give people narrative, then give them spectacle.

I'm still convinced many bad shows are done that way intentionally as a type of money laundering scheme.

I couldn’t even get through the first episode. It’s nothing but ridiculous to me. No need to go into detail it’s flat sucked in my book. Fake acting was the worst.

Back